2024 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS and Carlton the 2 best imo
Freo looked decent also

we’ve played all 3 and the first 2 stood out more

Clear bottom 3 teams are us, eagles and hawks

Crows look pretty s**t also

But teams 3-14 aren’t separated by much

If you beat us this week, you can include us to the bottom pile.

Next three (Melbourne, Geelong, GWS) will be really difficult for us to find a win. We could be staring at 0-6.

Will have a crack..

GWS
Melbourne
Carlton
Sydney
Geelong
Western Bulldogs
Port Adelaide
Collingwood

Fremantle
Brisbane
StKilda
Gold Coast
Essendon
Adelaide
Richmond
North Melb
Hawthorn
West Coast

Do we need to see more? Beat North at home like every top 8 team should, beat Collingwood at home when they couldn't beat an egg and beat WCE by 10 goals like every top 8 team should.
Nah, they have total team buy in and the most or equal most talented team in the comp at the moment. Line for line I don't think theres a team in the comp that matches them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbournes midfield is better. Everywhere else is GWS in a canter

Same can be said about Collingwood last year. On paper, GWS had the better, deeper list across all lines but it was their midfield which ultimately overpowered the Giants.

If Gawn is on song, I can't see them getting by Melbourne if it's played at the MCG.

Same can be said about Collingwood last year. On paper, GWS had the better, deeper list across all lines but it was their midfield which ultimately overpowered the Giants.

If Gawn is on song, I can't see them getting by Melbourne if it's played at the MCG.
Think Green has gone to a level this year that they'll match it with anyone this year around. Their defense is completely stacked and they have some amazing forwards - Which Melbourne do not.

Maybe finals, but looking at your draw it has been a pretty easy one. Geelong have not really played a contender yet.
Considering Port, Carlton, GWS, & Sydney have all played at least one of Norf & West Coast to fill their boots, I'd say we're doing okay in comparison to others.

Maybe finals, but looking at your draw it has been a pretty easy one. Geelong have not really played a contender yet.

True but people have been using this analogy for many years now and they usually get it completely wrong.

Take Sydney for example, they have been highly fancied so far but apart from Melbourne, they really haven't faced much either. Collingwood are 50/50 to even make the finals (same boat as the Dogs) and yet, you would think it is GWS v Sydney in a canter for this years grand final.

True but people have been using this analogy for many years now and they usually get it completely wrong.

Take Sydney for example, they have been highly fancied so far but apart from Melbourne, they really haven't faced much either. Collingwood are 50/50 to even make the finals (same boat as the Dogs) and yet, you would think it is GWS v Sydney in a canter for this years grand final.

Next week is easy for Geelong too with North Melbourne but I feel like

Round 6 vs Brisbane
Round 7 vs Carlton
Round 8 vs Melbourne
Round 9 vs Port Adelaide
Round 10 vs Gold Coast
Round 11 vs GWS

will tell us a lot more about where Geelong are.

Next week is easy for Geelong too with North Melbourne but I feel like

Round 6 vs Brisbane
Round 7 vs Carlton
Round 8 vs Melbourne
Round 9 vs Port Adelaide
Round 10 vs Gold Coast
Round 11 vs GWS

will tell us a lot more about where Geelong are.

Should go 3-3 and that would be a good result. Anything less and we don't deserve to play finals.

WLD%
1.Melbourne1670122.6%
2.Geelong1670112.6%
3.Port Adelaide1580128.7%
4.GWS1580117.4%
5.Sydney1580116.0%
6.Carlton1580105.1%
7.Fremantle1490111.9%
8.Brisbane Lions13100104.2%
9.Collingwood12110106.2%
10.Western Bulldogs12110105.9%
11.Gold Coast1112098.1%