Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Oscar at 4-5 months, is still the year really.

Just means, he will have a full preseason.
Probably, but with such an extended period it is more guess work than anything at this stage. After getting the swelling down, You would not be surprised if it was a little shorter or longer.

When does it go from being an unlucky injury to injury prone?

We've got Darcy and Cox both signed until 2030 but how many full seasons do we expect them to play until then?

Apart from his knee in 2020? I don't think Darcy had any long term/major injuries for quite some time, but then in the last 6-8 months he's done his hamstring, ankle, and knee all moderate-long term injuries.

Cox has done the same hammy twice in just over two years and that's on top of the ankle and stress fracture in the last few months. I'm not a doctor but I'd assume that requiring surgery to reattach your hamstring twice in a few years doesn't really bode well for the future.

We've got Darcy and Cox both signed until 2030 but how many full seasons do we expect them to play until then?

Apart from his knee in 2020? I don't think Darcy had any long term/major injuries for quite some time, but then in the last 6-8 months he's done his hamstring, ankle, and knee all moderate-long term injuries.

Cox has done the same hammy twice in just over two years and that's on top of the ankle and stress fracture in the last few months. I'm not a doctor but I'd assume that requiring surgery to reattach your hamstring twice in a few years doesn't really bode well for the future.
Get him back for finals this year and next couple , netting us 2 flags then on sell him back to Adelaide for a haul of curtin and 1st rounder
Winning!

Sometimes it's just bad luck, see Hayden Young and Alex Pearce as examples of players who have managed to stay fit.

Sometimes it's just bad luck, see Hayden Young and Alex Pearce as examples of players who have managed to stay fit.
But when does it stop becoming bad luck and start becoming a pattern?

Pearce was a bony injury, which generally heals quicker/less complications, and his knee was a freak accident. Young did an ankle in his first year and a bad hammy in his second year, but has done nothing since then. Those seem like just bad luck.

Both different to Cox who has had recurrent hamstring/soft tissue problems since 2019 and Darcy who has had recurrent knee issues since 2020 (albeit a lot of them minor). Chappy is another one where it's starting to edge more on injury prone than bad luck, but he's still early in his career so he still has the potential to figure it out and have a long career.

Switta in concussion protocols.

ROUND SIX INJURY LIST
Michael Frederick (hamstring) – test
Nathan O’Driscoll (knee) – test
Karl Worner (concussion) – test
Sean Darcy (knee) – test
Corey Wagner (calf) – test
Pat Voss (calf) – test
Sam Switkowski (concussion) – 1 week
Conrad Williams (foot) – 1-2 weeks
Brennan Cox (hamstring) - 9-11 weeks
Oscar McDonald (knee) – 14-18 weeks
Odin Jones (concussion) – TBC
Josh Corbett (hip) – Season
Sebit Kuek (knee) - Season

ROUND SIX INJURY LIST
Sean Darcy (knee) – test
Pat Voss (calf) – test

Lots of tests there

ROUND SIX INJURY LIST
Sean Darcy (knee) – test
Pat Voss (calf) – test

Odin Jones 😥

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Odin is a weird one, 2 weeks ago they said he was close

This week the west said he trained as he was looking towards this weekend

But now no update still tbc

ROUND SIX INJURY LIST
Sean Darcy (knee) – test
Pat Voss (calf) – test

Cox with the Bennell-stutter. No change to his ETA this week

I really think Chapman needs to earn his spot back. Missed way too much footy. See how Draper goes in these next few weeks but until then don’t mess with what’s working.
Draper will need a rest soon anyway. But hardly the same player as Chapman, who’s more inclined to replace Hughes.
Cox would take Draper’s spot.

Draper will need a rest soon anyway. But hardly the same player as Chapman, who’s more inclined to replace Hughes.
Cox would take Draper’s spot.
We have to play Draper for every game from here. Kid is the future of the backline. He’s not going to gain experience and learn playing for Peel. Keep him in and let him learn from the best. He will be better than Cox

We have to play Draper for every game from here. Kid is the future of the backline. He’s not going to gain experience and learn playing for Peel. Keep him in and let him learn from the best. He will be better than Cox
You wot. Short term memories here. Cox is a gun.

so much better than Cox when the ball hits the deck
The Office Thats GIF

The said he will be better than Cox, not is now. I tend to agree, in 2-3 years once he’s developed an afl body, Draper will be scary good, so much better than Cox when the ball hits the deck already.
Completely different types of player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back