Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Good news on Oscar McDonald, will be back end of the season. He had a partial tear of his ACL and it was repaired and did not require reconstruction. No PCL tear either. Couple of other minor things. 💪

Good news on Oscar McDonald, will be back end of the season. He had a partial tear of his ACL and it was repaired and did not require reconstruction. No PCL tear either. Couple of other minor things. 💪
Should you be specific on what part of the season he would be back by?

Home & away 😂
200.gif

I really think Chapman needs to earn his spot back. Missed way too much footy. See how Draper goes in these next few weeks but until then don’t mess with what’s working.
You say that, but then Hughes will make his customary cat 5 errors this week and we'll be begging for chappy in

I really think Chapman needs to earn his spot back. Missed way too much footy. See how Draper goes in these next few weeks but until then don’t mess with what’s working.
This feels like an overcorrection against the Hughes hate you see out there. He brings value as a fairly quick medium defender who can play above his size without looking lost against most small fwds, and his role defensively is particularly important now with Draper in the team (he's exceeding expectations especially regarding composure and ground level play, but he still definitely needs the sort of aerial support that Hughes offers). But Chapman at his best can offer everything Hughes can offer defensively plus a whole lot more as a footballer that as soon as Chapman is right in terms of match fitness and sharpness, he's in the team for Hughes.

Maybe if this was 2019-2021 Hughes I could see the argument coz Hughes used to be a lot better at ground level and intercept play (though he was always quite iffy on the ball), but now Hughes is a very limited footballer, and once Chapman has a few WAFL games under his belt to shake off some rust and be fit enough to play a full game, I'm putting him in the team.

This feels like an overcorrection against the Hughes hate you see out there. He brings value as a fairly quick medium defender who can play above his size without looking lost against most small fwds, and his role defensively is particularly important now with Draper in the team (he's exceeding expectations especially regarding composure and ground level play, but he still definitely needs the sort of aerial support that Hughes offers). But Chapman at his best can offer everything Hughes can offer defensively plus a whole lot more as a footballer that as soon as Chapman is right in terms of match fitness and sharpness, he's in the team for Hughes.

Maybe if this was 2019-2021 Hughes I could see the argument coz Hughes used to be a lot better at ground level and intercept play (though he was always quite iffy on the ball), but now Hughes is a very limited footballer, and once Chapman has a few WAFL games under his belt to shake off some rust and be fit enough to play a full game, I'm putting him in the team.
While I agree Chapman is a much better player than Hughes (when match fit) I actually think Hughes is the better 1:1 defender, he just lacks so much going the other way. While Draper is in the team, I’m happy to keep Hughes for a few more weeks to allow Chapman plenty of time to get his body match fit, not just available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At his best Chapman is easily a lock for b22 that’s not really debatable. But he hasn’t played at his best for two years and hasn’t gotten through a full game of footy in that time. We bring him in early there every chance he has more Cat 10 errors than Hughes while he regains a feel for the game.

Another two soft tissue injuries, adding to

Cox
Wagner
Sturt
Chappy

Doesn't include major structural ones of McDonald (knee), Darcy (knee), Stanley (ankle), noddy (knee) and the two concussions.

Should there be concern or average across most clubs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One or two more than probably norm. However Freddy, switta, chappy, Sturt and Darcy are all pretty injury prone really.

Anyone see know anything more on Freddy or switta, didn't see anything on the broadcast except ice. Switta in particular is concerning, given his history.

Freddie was just running and it pinged. Prior to that, he didn’t want to have a shot at goal from 40 metres out which makes me think he may have had “awareness” going into the game?

Draper is not going anywhere. Kid is amazing, for a third gamer did a great job on the Coleman medalist.
Chappy needs to play for Peel until he’s up to speed

Freddie was just running and it pinged. Prior to that, he didn’t want to have a shot at goal from 40 metres out which makes me think he may have had “awareness” going into the game?
He looked very ginger going into the North game, could barely chase anyone. Hope we didn't make him play through it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back