Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Freddie was just running and it pinged. Prior to that, he didn’t want to have a shot at goal from 40 metres out which makes me think he may have had “awareness” going into the game?
He wasn’t doing Freddy things early on, so probably wasn’t feeling right early on

Sturt a test for this weekend, minor hammy

Chappy did 70 mins, will build more time over the next two weeks

Darcy and Erasmus only 2 flown over, will assess at match committee, Simpson doesn't sound likely
Brierty said they will assess after Wednesday training whether they need reinforcements

Jeez I hope players aren’t double guessing taking a break with something like a mild hamstring awareness due to the drug reporting fiasco.
Could you imagine if Freddy played if he already had concerns on his hammy because he didn’t want to have any innuendo around a 1 week rest and recovery for a legitimate injury concern?
Could have cost him a few weeks on the sidelines.
Sorta puts a different spin on it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Its mostly good news here I think. Switta a test for this week and Freddy 1 week is much better than I thought would be the case even if Freddy's held back for an extra week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All pretty good news really, peel gets a lot of boosts this week

Wagner coming along very quickly
Screenshot_20240409_135625_Fremantle.jpg

Odin finally put of protocols, won't play yet though

Worner out of protocols and should play

All pretty good news really, peel gets a lot of boosts this week

Wagner coming along very quickly
View attachment 1954606

Odin finally put of protocols, won't play yet though

Worner out of protocols and should play
Very good news that by next week we should have every B22 player available except Cox.

We need player availability to bolster Peel as well, they were quite weak vs. Subi.

In: Erasmus, Darcy
Out: Frederick, Tabs

Sub: likely Erasmus
To be honest I wouldn't mind Johnson being sub and have Erasmus come into the 22 and spend more time forward than onball. O'Meara played on the wing a fair bit in preseason. He could spend time there with Brayshaw and Banfield also spending time on the wing too. I think Johnson should be played in his natural position of onball more so having him play that role getting subbed in is better than him playing mostly wing for the entire match in my view.

Darcy in for Tabs
Erasmus for Freddy. Expect to see Fyfe/Jaeger forward a bit more this week.

Jaeger into the 22, Johnno sub and would want to produce as I feel like he has been off most of the season (good vs North). Simpson in if Switta does not make it, not flush with options.

Darcy in for Tabs
Erasmus for Freddy. Expect to see Fyfe/Jaeger forward a bit more this week.

Jaeger into the 22, Johnno sub and would want to produce as I feel like he has been off most of the season (good vs North). Simpson in if Switta does not make it, not flush with options.

speaking season 3 GIF

To be honest I wouldn't mind Johnson being sub and have Erasmus come into the 22 and spend more time forward than onball. O'Meara played on the wing a fair bit in preseason. He could spend time there with Brayshaw and Banfield also spending time on the wing too. I think Johnson should be played in his natural position of onball more so having him play that role getting subbed in is better than him playing mostly wing for the entire match in my view.
From what I’ve seen Brayshaw has been playing quite a bit of Wing. He Johnson and Banfield rotating through. Don’t mind your suggestion with JOM and Erasmus part of the HF, Wing and mid rotations. At Peel Erasmus has played 100% mid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back