Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't mind it. Sick of seeing him put in the AFL side all underdone and bandaged up.
It’s fine this week because we are playing the eagles and should win regardless.
If it was a game against st kilda or Gold Coast suns, a genuine rival for the 8, Chappy would need to play.

We have to play Draper for every game from here. Kid is the future of the backline. He’s not going to gain experience and learn playing for Peel. Keep him in and let him learn from the best. He will be better than Cox

A rest would be because he is exhausted, not because he is being dropped.

Problem is he made it known he’d rather play CHB and get AA.

And I'd argue that his ability to mark the ball coming into defence the last two weeks would have been really useful at killing the play and clock.

I think we were a gun small forward or Brennan Cox away from being undefeated this year.

Draper is very raw still

It’s fine this week because we are playing the eagles and should win regardless.
If it was a game against st kilda or Gold Coast suns, a genuine rival for the 8, Chappy would need to play.
Nah this was always the plan, he's missed a year of footy, he needs the slow build.

JL said he's on a slower build to the other players

I said last week that it's probably limited, limited, full game, full game and then maybe AFL but I wouldn't be surprised if he does 3 full wafl games first

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t like the sound of Darcy jumping over hurdles at training this week. Frederick yes but Darcy definitely no. Maybe Merriman will allow him to step over them.
The hurdles is common language. He just needs to pull up fine from training. According to Ryan Daniels he was put through his paces for a Sat session in Adelaide and pulled up fine. They went very conservative with team selection vs Port.

Cox might be that forward we looking for and can't bring back from over east!
Josh Draper will make way for Cox. No further discussion needed. I like the development and composure of Drapes, but his body is still lacking that strength - especially core strength. He won’t make way when Chappy is back.

The good news is we don’t need to rush Cox back. He can get his conditioning through training and maybe even some mins at Peel for one game. Thereafter Cox in and Draper out.

We also have Hugh Davies who is playing very well at Peel. If Drapes gets a rest (which unlikely) then Davies I feel will be a good replacement to get a taste.

Poor ole McDonald is the consequence of Draper and Davies development. He was recruited for depth but earned his place in round 1 due to the stress fracture suffered by Cox. His untimely injury means he is surplus but will serve out his time as a back-up I feel.

Josh Draper will make way for Cox. No further discussion needed. I like the development and composure of Drapes, but his body is still lacking that strength - especially core strength. He won’t make way when Chappy is back.

The good news is we don’t need to rush Cox back. He can get his conditioning through training and maybe even some mins at Peel for one game. Thereafter Cox in and Draper out.

We also have Hugh Davies who is playing very well at Peel. If Drapes gets a rest (which unlikely) then Davies I feel will be a good replacement to get a taste.

Poor ole McDonald is the consequence of Draper and Davies development. He was recruited for depth but earned his place in round 1 due to the stress fracture suffered by Cox. His untimely injury means he is surplus but will serve out his time as a back-up I feel.
Draper could replace Hughes, Cox could replace.Draper and Chapoy go to the wing

Draper could replace Hughes, Cox could replace.Draper and Chapoy go to the wing
I think for this year Chappy to wing is very unlikely. Jordan Clark, Brandon Walker and Luke Ryan aren’t going anywhere. Then it is Cox/Pearce and one of Draper or Chapman as the third tall. At this stage I’d prefer Chapman but he has had injury troubles so Draper will always need to be on standby.

The one I’m expecting to get to wing if his first Peel game is any indication is Ethan Stanley. I don’t mind Brayshaw for stints on the wing but he will definitely be run through the Centre as well. Personal opinion only but Banfield and JOM don’t have the necessary speed. Banfield has been playing quite well this year (except for many brain dead moments against Peel). I still think his best role is high half forward - which is incidentally a role for JOM as well.

Sharp and Stanley as wings. Brayshaw occasional chop out and Johnson another who can give them a breather. NOD and even Wagner are back-up options and given the injuries I’d prefer to settle Chappy from half back.

I think for this year Chappy to wing is very unlikely. Jordan Clark, Brandon Walker and Luke Ryan aren’t going anywhere. Then it is Cox/Pearce and one of Draper or Chapman as the third tall. At this stage I’d prefer Chapman but he has had injury troubles so Draper will always need to be on standby.

The one I’m expecting to get to wing if his first Peel game is any indication is Ethan Stanley. I don’t mind Brayshaw for stints on the wing but he will definitely be run through the Centre as well. Personal opinion only but Banfield and JOM don’t have the necessary speed. Banfield has been playing quite well this year (except for many brain dead moments against Peel). I still think his best role is high half forward - which is incidentally a role for JOM as well.

Sharp and Stanley as wings. Brayshaw occasional chop out and Johnson another who can give them a breather. NOD and even Wagner are back-up options and given the injuries I’d prefer to settle Chappy from half back.
Pretty much agree but I think Stanley rotating between half back and Sharps wing with Noddy on the other with Brayshaw etc. JOM is problematic at this point. I think Brayshaw is better at hhf so in theory Stanley, Sharp and Noddy could rotate through the wings. There are a few scenario's, but I agree, Chappy to wing will be later. Long time to worry about it though with Cox is at least 9 weeks away and by then Chappy may be ready for the wing. Who knows? Draper will start to tire anyway.

Don’t like the sound of Darcy jumping over hurdles at training this week. Frederick yes but Darcy definitely no. Maybe Merriman will allow him to step over them.

I’ve got footage of Darcy’s fitness test.

Fail Falling Down GIF by RETROFUNK

Not looking good for Saturday.

Fremantle Dockers Training Notes: Josh Corbett, Brennan Cox make strides as plenty of players hit the track​

Remove this Banner Ad

Back