Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I was there for that game... the best part about the game was the after party!

A few mates and I flew over for one of the NZ games, ended up spending the week there and boy were we in some fine form. Probably pumped thousands into the local economy, got friendly with some of the locals and I still say the cleanest and safest city street I've ever passed out on was in Wellington.

I know we're full of misery atm, but I'm really looking forward to seeing the team with Dow, Jweb, Henry, Wood and Collard all together.

Wood going down spurred them to the win against the Pies, we were poor before that awful moment but rarely win without him.

Henry is clearly already our mojo-man.

Dow l doubt changes much on his own but as part of the bigger picture l think he'll facilitate a step up.

Jimmy will add much needed spirit and hardness and push Bonner out. I was hoping we'd manage without him by now but we haven't. He's still vital.

Collard I'm not sure how he fits in but he'll add some spark. I'd want Hugo kept in too but I'm not seeing room for it.

BWebsterDoogsWilkie
HBSinclairBattleWanganeen-Milera
CWoodDowHill
HFHigginsHenrySharman
FCollardKingMembrey
RMarshallSteeleWindhager
INTOwensStocker
GarciaWilsonsub: Byrnes

Outs are: Pou, Ross, Bonner, Cordy, Hammer

Dow is at least depth in an area that we are short on numbers. When Crouch went down we were already an inside mid down and Seb and Jones are looking cooked.

If anything beats this for mark of the year it's going to need to be spectacular!
The height that he got was unbelievable

Cats skill level is unreal. Hate them, but so much respect for how they play.

Fast attractive footy. Being doing it since 07 ffs.
I don't even hate them. I like and respect them. They beat us fair and square in '09, and they've been doing it ever since. Big fan of Chris Scott and his coaching.

Hats off - and especially considering the changeover of coaches and personnel over the years. Down and out for the count, but their rebuild only lasted 1 year because of the culture and system already in place, we have had to install ours.

Out of all the current probabilities, I wouldn't mind them getting another premiership before the end of Chris Scott's reign, and I would definitely be into Tom Hawkins coming over to St Kilda as forward coach, for example. Have a word in his ear, Boris.

Love to see them break the Blues hearts today too!

Last edited:

"Clear gap between ball and post, decision on the scoreboard"
bots GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should make another play for Fyfe, he looks like he's getting back to his best again and would be cheaper to get now.

A straight swap for Byrnes should get it done, we could maybe throw in a 3rd or 4th round pick just to sweeten the deal.

We should make another play for Fyfe, he looks like he's getting back to his best again and would be cheaper to get now.

A straight swap for Byrnes should get it done, we could maybe throw in a 3rd or 4th round pick just to sweeten the deal.

Byrnes may play another decade.
Fyfe may play another year.

Byrnes may play another decade but it should be in the VFL for Sandringham rather than the AFL for St Kilda, he just isn't up to it.

Then don't select him when we have better players available.
You can't say he's not decent depth, and he'll probably get better.

Then don't select him when we have better players available.
You can't say he's not decent depth, and he'll probably get better.
'
He is decent depth but he shouldn't be in our best 22, he works hard but he is another turnover merchant with bad kicking skills.

I don't think he's getting better like Clint Jones who was another hard worker that improved his bad kicking skills to be acceptable.

No.Not for me.
We already gave Acres to Freo. Now look how he’s playing.
We’ll get more out of Byrnes than Fyfe at this stage of our development.

Byrnes may play another decade but it should be in the VFL for Sandringham rather than the AFL for St Kilda, he just isn't up to it.
So he’ll be good AFL ready depth. We don’t have much as we can see.

I don't have anything against Byrnes but I would have him on the table for a trade offer if another club showed some interest.

Our good youngsters like Windhager, Owens, Phillipou, NWM and Wilson would be off the table, I wouldn't be shopping them.

Maybe but he's improving steadily every year and fits our demographic. He's had a couple of average games when the team was flat but was goid before that and if we're committed to developing youth then he's part of it.

093E6AA4-D973-4204-A48D-0FD18802CC32.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back