Position 2024 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure what his price will be but I'm keeping a close eye on Rachele

Hopefully gets more mid time next year and i genuinely think he could end up like a Butters/Rozee type. Obviously not at that level yet but scoring wise could go closer to 90-100
Just need to know the rules now lol.

I try to not think about it lol

Sorry I replied that to the wrong post. Meant to reply on the team picker being open.

On Rachelle he could be an interesting pick. I suspect he will be a Butters/Rozee eventually where he starts a year forward but scores well playing mainly mid,but reckon this year might be a year or 2 early.

Not sure what his price will be but I'm keeping a close eye on Rachele

Hopefully gets more mid time next year and i genuinely think he could end up like a Butters/Rozee type. Obviously not at that level yet but scoring wise could go closer to 90-100

Who knows .

He started off in the mids at times early on .
Then Keys got more mid time ..later on .

Any thoughts on Jackson? Not loving the thought but not alot of great options and provides ruck cover plus has a great bye.

I think if he splits ruck with Jackson he can score >95. If he's mainly forward then not. But surely the Dockers can't play him mainly forward.

Any thoughts on Jackson? Not loving the thought but not alot of great options and provides ruck cover plus has a great bye.

I think if he splits ruck with Jackson he can score >95. If he's mainly forward then not. But surely the Dockers can't play him mainly forward.
hell play mainly forward but will rotate further up the ground including ruck, might get around 10-15 max hitouts, which at his best can still score well

hell play mainly forward but will rotate further up the ground including ruck, might get around 10-15 max hitouts, which at his best can still score well

Thanks for the heads up. I will probably steer clear at this stage though I think he can still score 95+ in that role. Depending on what options present forward might need to consider him.

I feel like Scheezel could be a year 2 Daicos. Question marks around role and backing up his 1st year but in the end he is just so good it doesn't matter.
By all reports his preseason tank is putting to shame all but 2-3 other North players.

I definitely think he goes up another gear, but the main question mark in my mind (from SC perspective, not as a North fan) is how much time he will spend at half-forward.

On another topic...

Jackson vs Dusty: anyone got strong opinions? I originally went with LJ, thought the DPP would be pretty handy. But now the Richmond subforum is awash with reports about Martin being in career best condition, smashing PBs all over the place. And the Dockers fans are all talking up what a revelation Young has been in the stoppages. All this makes me more pessimistic about the prospect of serious Jackson midfield time. It also got me thinking about how LJ might be slightly overpriced due to Darcy's injury in 2023.

By all reports his preseason tank is putting to shame all but 2-3 other North players.

I definitely think he goes up another gear, but the main question mark in my mind (from SC perspective, not as a North fan) is how much time he will spend at half-forward.

On another topic...

Jackson vs Dusty: anyone got strong opinions? I originally went with LJ, thought the DPP would be pretty handy. But now the Richmond subforum is awash with reports about Martin being in career best condition, smashing PBs all over the place. And the Dockers fans are all talking up what a revelation Young has been in the stoppages. All this makes me more pessimistic about the prospect of serious Jackson midfield time. It also got me thinking about how LJ might be slightly overpriced due to Darcy's injury in 2023.

They've reported that about Dusty several times over the past 3-4 preseasons. The reality is players his age rarely improve and he was not great supercoach player to begin with, even in his prime. The one caveat to that, is Harwick did not play a very supercoach friendly style. If Yze does and Dusty gets a good role he could score well, even without matching his previous playing feats. Only needs to go 100+ to be a good buy as a forward so he's a watch over preseason.

Jackson is very role dependent. If he plays mainly forward, I think he goes 85-95. If it's closer to a 50-50 ruck split, he probably goes 95-105, if he is fulltime ruck (which he won't be), he could go 105-115. Great bye and dual position are a bonus, however, I feel he could be a very frustrating player to watch.

Overall, neither is super appealing, but both need to be considered given the lack of other options. I think Jackson has a higher ceiling but is more likely to be a bust (if his role is bad) while Dusty is a little safer but isn't capable of averaging much more than 100.

They've reported that about Dusty several times over the past 3-4 preseasons. The reality is players his age rarely improve and he was not great supercoach player to begin with, even in his prime. The one caveat to that, is Harwick did not play a very supercoach friendly style. If Yze does and Dusty gets a good role he could score well, even without matching his previous playing feats. Only needs to go 100+ to be a good buy as a forward so he's a watch over preseason.

Jackson is very role dependent. If he plays mainly forward, I think he goes 85-95. If it's closer to a 50-50 ruck split, he probably goes 95-105, if he is fulltime ruck (which he won't be), he could go 105-115. Great bye and dual position are a bonus, however, I feel he could be a very frustrating player to watch.

Overall, neither is super appealing, but both need to be considered given the lack of other options. I think Jackson has a higher ceiling but is more likely to be a bust (if his role is bad) while Dusty is a little safer but isn't capable of averaging much more than 100.

Don't ever underestimate Dusty:padlock:

On another topic...

Personally I’m currently planning on starting with 1 premo forward. That’s Jackson.

He’s not overly expensive (shouldn’t loose too much money), is reliable ruck cover and a premium scorer that will play during all 3 difficult byes. Should be a decent F6 at years end at worst.

Edit: another thought is that most years a team from the bottom 6 will put it together and make the top 6.

North, West Coast, Freo, Gold Coast, Richmond and Hawthorn. One of those 6 is playing finals next year.

You’d say Gold Coast is the favourite with Freo and Hawthorn the outside chances. If Freo is that team then Jackson will surely benefit from that a lot.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I’m currently planning on starting with 1 premo forward. That’s Jackson.

He’s not overly expensive (shouldn’t loose too much money), is reliable ruck cover and a premium scorer that will play during all 3 difficult byes. Should be a decent F6 at years end at worst.

Edit: another thought is that most years a team from the bottom 6 will put it together and make the top 6.

North, West Coast, Freo, Gold Coast, Richmond and Hawthorn. One of those 6 is playing finals next year.

You’d say Gold Coast is the favourite with Freo and Hawthorn the outside chances. If Freo is that team then Jackson will surely benefit from that a lot.
Freo have the best bye too.

Not sure why people are complaining about not many premos Forward there are many jewels in the rough.:hearteyes:

1703101977596.png
will ferrell omg GIF

After Dunkley, Butters, Rozee, Coniglio, Taranto and Gulden et al this year 2024's premiums seem more modest.

Probably going with Macrae, Jackson, Flanders, Harley R and cheapies, eschewing Comben and Fisher. Fisher is an awkward price and Comben has had durability issues.

Cadman a lock for the bench, as is Grainger-Barass if named for round one. Hate to start either onfield but they should both make money, with reasonable JS. If Cadman has early games he could be a handy (e) option as he might produce some handy scores spasmodically.

Tim Lunch not really a fast starter.

Anyone got thoughts on whether Reiwoldt helps or hurts him? I guess like any KPF you're just looking for a couple of spike games then jump off.

At this stage I'm not starting him I don't think he will play early in the season. (I hope I'm wrong)

Tim Lunch not really a fast starter.

Anyone got thoughts on whether Reiwoldt helps or hurts him? I guess like any KPF you're just looking for a couple of spike games then jump off.

He's in my team for now as his rehab is going to plan. Like you said you hope for a couple of spike scores from a KPF. He did start last year with a 93 and an 81 before the stress issue in his foot stuffed things. I think last year was the only year that he didn't have an interrupted PS.

So Macrae is the new Dunkley?
A full time premo mid listed as s forward & anyone without him will be chasing him???

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't know if he's any of those things, I think it's more he's one of the only players currently available as a forward who looks any chance of averaging over 100

Can Jackson justify his price with Hodor in the team? Reckon he's an upgrade if there aren't better options after DPP changes. Or when Hodor goes down injured.

His price sky rocket late last year when Hinfor went down .

No for me

Jackson vs Dusty: anyone got strong opinions?

Can't say much about Jackson, but a question on Dusty under Yze will be whether he gets midfield time, and what that split is like.

Yze has been very clear that he will prioritise ball skills over pretty much anything (a lot of our current pre-season drills have been focused on ball usage and ball movement). Dusty is probably top 5, if not top 3 ball user on our list atm, which means Yze might consider giving him more midfield minutes than Dimma was towards the end of his reign.

People have also seen Dusty playing more of a half back role in some training drills, but no one is honestly thinking that Yze will actually use Dusty off HB.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back