Position 2024 Fantasy Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it ridiculous to look at bringing in Nick Watson at $343k if he returns from injury in the next couple of weeks? Job security should be reasonable (in the scenario where he does come straight back in), Breakeven of only 9, and rookies with Forward status and Round 15 byes are both priorities for me.

Is it ridiculous to look at bringing in Nick Watson at $343k if he returns from injury in the next couple of weeks? Job security should be reasonable (in the scenario where he does come straight back in), Breakeven of only 9, and rookies with Forward status and Round 15 byes are both priorities for me.
Another higher-priced "rookie" I'm considering is Daniel Turner at $356k. Came in last week and kicked 3 goals for us, and I would have thought he's in our 22 for the foreseeable future. Scored 84 from 70% TOG, although he probably won't be kicking 3 each week. Also a Breakeven of 9. He's a full 100k more expensive than for instance Woewodin, but I think Woewodin has less job security, higher sub risk, previous sub scores, and his scoring potential might be overstated (71 last week, but only 41 against Brisbane when he came on for Salem and played basically the whole game). Woewodin does have dual FWD/DEF status in his favour though.

Yes ....yes .....YES

Yes ....yes .....YES
To echo Wayne's thoughts, you want more from your bench guys at this stage than simply filling a hole.

To echo Wayne's thoughts, you want more from your bench guys at this stage than simply filling a hole.
It's my first year playing fantasy so perhaps I don't have a great grasp on strategy. My aim is to improve my bench over the next week or two and have 29 players (VC loop player excepted) who are not likely to be dropped to the 2nds at all. I thought something like Watson for Jhye Clark could be an option. Who would be a good alternative in a trade for Clark? Rogers, Woewodin, and Hardeman are the cheaper options I'd look at, but they don't have all of the advantages I mentioned in my first post.

It's my first year playing fantasy so perhaps I don't have a great grasp on strategy. My aim is to improve my bench over the next week or two and have 29 players (VC loop player excepted) who are not likely to be dropped to the 2nds at all. I thought something like Watson for Jhye Clark could be an option. Who would be a good alternative in a trade for Clark? Rogers, Woewodin, and Hardeman are the cheaper options I'd look at, but they don't have all of the advantages I mentioned in my first post.
In AFL Fantasy, your primary focus of your bench is for them to make money, and make it quickly so you can sell them to generate cash to upgrade your on field players.

In supercoach it might be different, where you might rely more on coverage for injured players, but with 2 trades a week you really should be looking to trade off unavailable best 22 players, rather than relying on rookies to fill in.

Woewodin has a breakeven of -1 and is expected to go up 28k this week
Hardemans be is 10 and expected +29k
Darcy Jones is -6 and +45k (which is why he's the most popular rookie this week).

Watson still has a low BE of 9, and if playing will go up around 30k, but the difference is you are paying 343k for him.
Thats 100k off whatever upgrade you were planning

In AFL Fantasy, your primary focus of your bench is for them to make money, and make it quickly so you can sell them to generate cash to upgrade your on field players.

In supercoach it might be different, where you might rely more on coverage for injured players, but with 2 trades a week you really should be looking to trade off unavailable best 22 players, rather than relying on rookies to fill in.

Woewodin has a breakeven of -1 and is expected to go up 28k this week
Hardemans be is 10 and expected +29k
Darcy Jones is -6 and +45k (which is why he's the most popular rookie this week).

Watson still has a low BE of 9, and if playing will go up around 30k, but the difference is you are paying 343k for him.
Thats 100k off whatever upgrade you were planning
Thanks, I may be too focused on treating it like an actual football team. I figured that a bench with really strong job security should be not terrible for cash gen, while also setting me up well to navigate the huge bye period in a few weeks.

Thanks, I may be too focused on treating it like an actual football team. I figured that a bench with really strong job security should be not terrible for cash gen, while also setting me up well to navigate the huge bye period in a few weeks.
happy_eagle summed up the game pretty well in my opinion, it's a trading game. We postulated a couple of weeks ago that a completed team would need around 22.2 million dollars team value, this equates to 22x900k + 8x300 benchies.
The quicker you get there the better your team will be. I'm at 20.287 mil at the moment.

From there it becomes a management game fixtures/injury/punts and so on. Enjoy the ride!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back