Position 2024 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

If I want a mid to low priced defender who can give me 75-85 each week with good JS and be flipped at the byes, who is the best option? Thinking Chapman or Sexton but concerned Sexton could be out in a couple of weeks via the Dimma revolving door
If you desperately need a player like that, I'd be finding an extra 50k to bring in McKercher over Chapman

Got Kerch already
No DPPs to swing back, or can you upgrade to a premo def instead? Neither of those options are ideal.

If it has to be one, probably Chapman due to better JS, better bye (if needed) and generally being a better player.

No DPPs to swing back, or can you upgrade to a premo def instead? Neither of those options are ideal.

If it has to be one, probably Chapman due to better JS, better bye (if needed) and generally being a better player.
Broadly this is the problem, no bench on 3 lines and 3 playing in the mids line on bench. No DPP to adjust this week. Axing Biggie this week for a defender gives me loops on 3 lines with double looks, plus cleans out an issue I have to resolve rather than kicking it down the road.

1715319130078.png

Broadly this is the problem, no bench on 3 lines and 3 playing in the mids line on bench. No DPP to adjust this week. Axing Biggie this week for a defender gives me loops on 3 lines with double looks, plus cleans out an issue I have to resolve rather than kicking it down the road.

View attachment 1984747
In that case, probably a solid move. Like Chapman more, but fair enough if you want to go the cheaper option. Would just be worried about Sexton being sent back to the rookie graveyard, too.

Yep good shout he was the other I looked at. I have the cash to get there but the extra 140K ruins my upgrade cadence next week so was hoping for a cheaper stop gap option to last a month
Yeah it's hard eh? I'm getting McKercher this week and it's soaking up all my bank. Kent better keep scoring well or I'll melt harder than kents that don't own Gawn.

No Ryan, No Many Worries.

It's done, but it's not pretty.

The motto of my backline: "sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe sh1t"

1715521571572.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's everyone think of Short as a cheap defender option?

Is he back to the seguall distributor kick in role?

I'm 50/50 on him but if you don't have Kerch I would have him before Short.
He would make a good D7 later in the year if he dosen't go up too much but really needs DPP.

I'm 50/50 on him but if you don't have Kerch I would have him before Short.
He would make a good D7 later in the year if he dosen't go up too much but really needs DPP.

I need another 3 defenders and the ones I want are Martin and Houston but I don't have any cash in the kitty to grab one of them next week so will probably double downgrade instead.

Was just seeing if there was a cheaper alternative I could get instead for next week.

I need another 3 defenders and the ones I want are Martin and Houston but I don't have any cash in the kitty to grab one of them next week so will probably double downgrade instead.

Was just seeing if there was a cheaper alternative I could get instead for next week.

Keep an eye on if McGovern plays this week but if he is out for a little while then Witherden could be the one.
He dominated once Gov got injured and scored 141, has a low BE and only $410k

Keep an eye on if McGovern plays this week but if he is out for a little while then Witherden could be the one.
He dominated once Gov got injured and scored 141, has a low BE and only $410k

Just read that Gov could be back this week.

Witheren only started scoring well when Gov went off right?

Just read that Gov could be back this week.

Witheren only started scoring well when Gov went off right?

What about this kent?
Maybe Bombers fans have more info but scored 141 on the weekend.

1715637162979.png

What about this kent?
Maybe Bombers fans have more info but scored 141 on the weekend.

View attachment 1988504
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Change in role for Jack Crisp .....it's a watch to see if role remains, once injured players come back ....back to back tons

What's everyone's thoughts on Jordan Clark? Can he keep up this 100 average? He would have scored 100+ against the Blues if not for that last minute outburst that cost them the game.

23.5 yo
6th year in the system
pick #15
very durable, hasn't missed a game since he's been at Freo
2024 floor = 83
2024 ceiling = 119

🥳

What's everyone think of Short as a cheap defender option?

Is he back to the seguall distributor kick in role?
Still have the bandages from the 3rd degree burns he gave me in the first few rounds.
Think I may just give Martin the roughy treatment instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back