List Mgmt. 2015 DRAFT discussion - Clayton Oliver #4, Sam Weideman #10, Mitch King #42, Liam Hulett #46

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well just hope there is upside to Wagner .. because we had no real success with Magner

He should be a flipside player...struggles early but then turns awesome.

Because it's all in the name. He should be a reflection.

Wagner
Magner

Wagner looks like he creates some time & uses the footy pretty well, albeit from the highlights over 30-40m. A bloke out of the backline that can kick would be handy....

That said, Mitch White played that last game & appears to do similar things so there is competition on the rookie list let alone the senior list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know much about Wagner, but I feel like Gach Nyuon would have been a good fit for us.
Once we took King and the other key position players we weren't going to take Nyuon in Rookie. Some argue we could have taken him in ND. Although watching King highlights he looks like a footballer. I think we have gone down that path and probably not wanting to draft a guy with great athleticism but not a great deal of football experience. Although he has huge potential upside.

I don't think our current recruiting staff are interested in athletes.

They like footballers first.

tumblr_inline_muvaolxOKJ1rsvoxh.gif

A philosophy that I totally agree with.

Think it fair to say we have invested heavily in our recruiting staff, more people means more coverage, more sets of eyes focused on "best available" assuming it compliments our needs.

The key to recruiting in 2015 is money. Sadly in the past we just did not have the money to obtain the coverage.

Is anyone else here as pumped to see Oliver play as I am?

I didn't care much for the players we picked up in the trade period and Sam looks like he might take a while to come on, but I think Oliver looks like he's about to figuratively and literally explode next year. I must have watched his highlights vid at least ten times. I think we have an absolute monsters on our hands here; a start in the making.

Is anyone else here as pumped to see Oliver play as I am?

I didn't care much for the players we picked up in the trade period and Sam looks like he might take a while to come on, but I think Oliver looks like he's about to figuratively and literally explode next year. I must have watched his highlights vid at least ten times. I think we have an absolute monsters on our hands here; a start in the making.

It'll be interesting to see how quickly he is able to get a game.

He dominated the TAC Cup this year, but he actually didn't present himself very well. It might take a bit of time to condition his body for AFL level.

He's probably the prime example of 'footballer' ahead of 'athlete'.

Not tome tip the fact that Wagner looks like a nice little footballer.

I liked the look of his vision and foot skills in his highlight package.

If he has the ability, he will be a bloody good fit.

Decent sized half back flanker/wingman with a good left foot kick. Strong in the contest, some dash and gets metres gained.

If he can make the level, there's a spot in our side for him, for sure.

It'll be interesting to see how quickly he is able to get a game.

He dominated the TAC Cup this year, but he actually didn't present himself very well. It might take a bit of time to condition his body for AFL level.

He's probably the prime example of 'footballer' ahead of 'athlete'.
Not to his NAB he didn't. But he's on the record as knowing that. He hit the gym hard between the end of season and combine.

A philosophy that I totally agree with.
Eh Nyuon is one of the best ruck talents in the pool, and from what I've gleaned over the years it's the one position where athleticism can speak a lot more to a junior ruckman's capacity to step up at AFL level than football experience does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back