Autopsy Round 9, 2024 : Hawks slap the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

That got the ol heart racing! Fully expected Amon to ice that one, but we did well there to hold on. Go Hawks!

Still can't believe he's a key defender. How'd that happen?
Always was a good defender, just lazy. Gave up on contests, sagged off too much. Just needed to be given a kick in the backside.

At 194cm he's not exactly undersized.

Newcombe
31 disposals
17 contested
81% DE
8 clearances
7 tackles

Just a bull around the ground, broke away from stoppages all day. Looks explosive.

Amon
31 disposals
24 kicks
94% DE
11 rebounds
711 metres gained

Meek
12 disposals
47 hitouts
83% DE
1 goal (5 score inv)
4 marks 1 contested

All huge.

Watson deserves a mention, 10 disposals 7 contested with 7 score inv (1 goal assist) and 2 goals 1 behind.

That was our best win under Mitchell.
Game was not played on our terms, nothing was going right in the second half at all, but it was a scramble

Learnings out of it too, as the last 10min of the final quarter we reverted to the old run and gun, then kick long, rather than taking the short option and taking some time off the clock

Karl Amon best on?

Geez Newc was stiff. 9 of Karl's disposals were kick outs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't show in supercoach but Meek outplayed Marshall by a mile I feel. Way more damaging, Marshall got a tonne of cheap ball off half back and used it very poorly. No score involvements is fairly damning.

Rowan Marshall and Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera tried walking off the ground before he was done talking, and didn't even say anything. That's embarrassing.

s*t a ****** brick that almost killed me.

Ross Lyon can get in the ******* bin!
It did kill me...

Its only my quivering corpse writing this

FAAAARRRRRKKK

CMON BOYS!!!!! BACK IN TOWN!!!

Rowan Marshall won the certificate of participation award and looked thrilled about it 🤣

Rowan Marshall and Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera tried walking off the ground before he was done talking, and didn't even say anything. That's embarrassing.
Nothing better, in my opinion, than beating St. Kilda. I have ****ing despised them forever. Waverley years. The years they smashed us week in, week out.

Always great beating those bayside flogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back