Review Banners Bangs Big, Bye Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win against a good team.

But one big negative tonight was the towelling that our 2x Million dollar ruck combo got towelled by a one man Ruck show in English.

I hope we never see Hughes or Tabs again.
Davies a maybe but Richmond without Lynch so may not be needed.
Darcy in his second week back from injury. 9/10
Tabs and highs not playing 10/10

We smacked them at stoppages, ask Fyfe, Serong & Brayshaw whether they want him in the team.
Serong singled Darcy out in his post match interview with Pav when discussing why the midfield got on top. Said he was dominate in hit outs and has great chemistry with fyfe.

Darcy was definitely tired but he is a great stoppage ruck man - maybe the best. He’ll build into the season nicely and Jackson will get a bit more certainty as well

Darcy looked spent. I reckon we were going to sub him out tactically but couldnt.
If there’s a ruck where it’s rough playing underdone, it’s English because he’s not an actual ruck. He’ll keep building

Up in Coral Bay and haven't seen the match.

People praising Scoops debut with 6 disposals and no goals? Were those 6 touches handed down from Zeus himself?

Not being sarcastic can't wait to watch the replay.

6 disposal, 83% efficiency, 4 score involvements. 2/3 of his possessions turned into gold. He breaks the game open.

The dogs really came to play. We play like tonight we smash eags last week. *******hell last week can never happen again this season
The Dogs coming out to play isnt a bad thing. Dogs usually push us to play well and force us to attack and score goals. Tonight isnt an exception.

Glad freo won tonight 14.11.95 to dogs 10.11.71.

Some of the most memorable wins have been vs the dogs at home in WA.

2016: Beat the dogs in Perth for Pavs final game. We all shed tears.

2017: Memorable saturday night game. Back to the wall after smashed by cats in round 1 in WA, then had that 89 point loss to Port in round 2 on a s**ty sunday arvo. 6 days later we beat the dogs by 16 points.

2018: An emtional game. We won easily but it was days after Shane Yarran passing away. And yes I will always have intense Hatred towards the media, especially channel 7 for what they did.

2022: Yep that famous 2022 elim final win. I will savour that elim final win, that was the end of our 2016-21 rebuild.

I have to think about what my expectations for Jackson are, like I think he was ok, not great but he kicked 2.2 and was pretty good out of the middle. If it all comes together at 25/26 I do wonder what we’ll get to watch each week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good win against a good team.

But one big negative tonight was the towelling that our 2x Million dollar ruck combo got towelled by a one man Ruck show in English.
Our mids didn’t get record numbers magically.

Man we’ve missed him the last two years, potential absolute gun because it’s pretty hard to find a taller player that can run and dispose like he can. Absolute weapon
Couldn’t agree more. We have missed him big time! Adding another classy competitive player is a huge win for this year and coming seasons.

I have to think about what my expectations for Jackson are, like I think he was ok, not great but he kicked 2.2 and was pretty good out of the middle. If it all comes together at 25/26 I do wonder what we’ll get to watch each week
Honestly think those few consecutive weeks as sole ruck have him tired or a bit sore.

Man we’ve missed him the last two years, potential absolute gun because it’s pretty hard to find a taller player that can run and dispose like he can. Absolute weapon
Replacing Hughes with Chappy is like replacing my old 1982 Corolla with a new performance Model 3.

He did some good things but was far from being among the BOG. He almost lost us the game and that's what I care about most.

Laying on the ground after soft contests and grabbing at players legs. He was lucky he didn't have multiple frees paid against him inside the opposition F50 in Q4 with how he went body on body with English. One goal from one of those frees being called and we lose.

It's great we won, doesn't mean that wreckless s**t from him can be excused.
We wouldn't have even been in the lead with the chance to lose the game without him tbh. We would have already been down several goals.

The Dogs coming out to play isnt a bad thing. Dogs usually push us to play well and force us to attack and score goals. Tonight isnt an exception.

Glad freo won tonight 14.11.95 to dogs 10.11.71.

Some of the most memorable wins have been vs the dogs at home in WA.

2016: Beat the dogs in Perth for Pavs final game. We all shed tears.

2017: Memorable saturday night game. Back to the wall after smashed by cats in round 1 in WA, then had that 89 point loss to Port in round 2 on a s**ty sunday arvo. 6 days later we beat the dogs by 16 points.

2018: An emtional game. We won easily but it was days after Shane Yarran passing away. And yes I will always have intense Hatred towards the media, especially channel 7 for what they did.

2022: Yep that famous 2022 elim final win. I will savour that elim final win, that was the end of our 2016-21 rebuild.

You missed the best one of all...

I don't mind admitting I was very worried about tonight before the bounce and how this might have gone based off last week. That really hurt and I don't think I've felt so abject and dejected to that level for a good year or so. Sometimes though, you let the emotion of that moment better you and you can also lower your own colours. I feel like I did that and forgot that a season is a long haul. The club did us proud tonight, everyone deserves praise because that was a collective thing let's hope it's the mojo back because they can beat anyone when they get it going like tonight.

So I'm f***ing pumped for the club to come out and see the team respond like that, all the fight was back - the guys went at it at blistering speed and I was lucky enough to be put in an area of work where I could sneakily watch a lot more of the game than not. Can't really add anything that hasn't already been said, but Leigh Matthews said if Fyfe can get back to his best, Freo are a flag chance. Well Leigh......Fyfe looked pretty darn close to me.

Well done lads.....ohhhhhh ayeeeee!!! :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back