Review Banners Bangs Big, Bye Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

He's underdone.

I would drop him until he's actually fit, don't care what relief his presence provides.

Sick of watching him drop like a sack of potatoes after any physicality and giving away lazy dumb frees.
Stfu he was one of the best on ground you are blind. He lead the game for tackles and hit outs and I reckon hit outs to advantage.

Last edited:

We have to contemplate having Treacy/Amiss/Voss fwd and having Jackson playing high CHB. Draper going out for a bit I would experiment. His fwd craft needs work and also we need height back.

Just something to think about.

I am happy with Hugh coming in. If I was to move Jackson it would be rotating him into JOM's position. Switta might be coming back into that role soon anyway.

I just hope when Switta comes back JOM isn't kept in the team, I expect to be disappointed though.

Also.... Chapman adds so much to the team. His ability to stay in chains of possession, one with Serong that got us off half back and led to an attacking move was something only he and Clark bring from our back half.

Fyfe was immense tonight, think he’ll get the 3 Brownlow votes
He won the TV from the commentators for being their BOG

Breaking down in the midfield when coming out of defence. Just don’t seem to have the forward structure to give targets in those situations.

Actually thought Darcy did some good things. He looks like I felt in the first few games of every season back in the day… “geez, that hurts… why do I do this?” after every hit. Hopefully he gets to the part of the season where contact is fun soon.

JOM looks better as a starter than a sub but that’s faint praise at best.

Don’t know what’s with Brayshaw; best player in the league a couple of seasons ago and now… just hasn’t been the same since sitting out for a while at the start of last year with illness or injury. Would be amazing if he could get back to his old self.

Big loser on the day? The stadium surface. Looked like it had a lot of soft spots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Breaking down in the midfield when coming out of defence. Just don’t seem to have the forward structure to give targets in those situations.

Actually thought Darcy did some good things. He looks like I felt in the first few games of every season back in the day… “geez, that hurts… why do I do this?” after every hit. Hopefully he gets to the part of the season where contact is fun soon.

JOM looks better as a starter than a sub but that’s faint praise at best.

Don’t know what’s with Brayshaw; best player in the league a couple of seasons ago and now… just hasn’t been the same since sitting out for a while at the start of last year with illness or injury. Would be amazing if he could get back to his old self.
Were you watching the same game

Hope Caleb Daniel recovers from that nasty push in the back he received from JOM.

What are we thinking, 2 weeks for rough play?

Lot of head shaking went on there in this household.

Definitely missing power and pace last week.
Still think we need to tackle better but the endeavour was there.
Hughes, Tabs need to earn a spot or emergency.
The young guys showed plenty, and were a positive and enthusiastic.
Amiss back, maybe it’s also time Davies gets a game?

Wow. How's the class and composure of Cooper? Surely we need to keep him in the side somehow. Maybe he can rotate the sub role with someone like O'meara. He'll definitely improve our F50 efficiency with that poise.

I thought Voss played an important role tonight and reminds me of a Treacy-lite. He will likely make way for Amiss, but maybe we could move Jackson into a midfield/ruck role.

Fyfe was supreme and turned back the clock. He's been slowly building and won't play like that every week, but it's a great sign.

It was great to see Chappy back.

So many good performances across the ground.

On a negative note, Walters played better but hasn't won me over. He cost us dearly with his two hangers, one of which was a mark to us in the forward 50. I think he needs to be 'managed' next week.

Stfu he was one of the best on ground you are blind.

He did some good things but was far from being among the BOG. He almost lost us the game and that's what I care about most.

Laying on the ground after soft contests and grabbing at players legs. He was lucky he didn't have multiple frees paid against him inside the opposition F50 in Q4 with how he went body on body with English. One goal from one of those frees being called and we lose.

It's great we won, doesn't mean that wreckless s**t from him can be excused.

Good win against a good team.

But one big negative tonight was the towelling that our 2x Million dollar ruck combo got towelled by a one man Ruck show in English.
Werent towelled at all?

Howsabout giving them half a dozen games together before judging whether the combo will work. Bit harsh after two!!

Definitely missing power and pace last week.
Still think we need to tackle better but the endeavour was there.
Hughes, Tabs need to earn a spot or emergency.
The young guys showed plenty, and were a positive and enthusiastic.
Amiss back, maybe it’s also time Davies gets a game?
I hope we never see Hughes or Tabs again.
Davies a maybe but Richmond without Lynch so may not be needed.

I am happy with Hugh coming in. If I was to move Jackson it would be rotating him into JOM's position. Switta might be coming back into that role soon anyway.

I just hope when Switta comes back JOM isn't kept in the team, I expect to be disappointed though.

Also.... Chapman adds so much to the team. His ability to stay in chains of possession, one with Serong that got us off half back and led to an attacking move was something only he and Clark bring from our back half.
Man we’ve missed him the last two years, potential absolute gun because it’s pretty hard to find a taller player that can run and dispose like he can. Absolute weapon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back