Preview Trial game - Crows V Port - 5pm Friday 23 Feb at Alberton Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, they weren't being kicked over his head - he was running under them. Anticipating contact with Alir. I wont labour the point, and I hope he does toughen up a bit, but right now, he's just a little contact averse in aerial contests.

I don't necessarily need or want RT clattering into packs likely injuring himself in the process.

He is a smarter player than that, can contest without being reckless.

Saw Thilly on Rundle st on the weekend. Seriously still looks like a kid despite putting on a few KGs, so much room to grow wouldnt expect him to hit his peak for 3 years. Also they might not be Naughton style pack crashers but all our key forwards have sublime skills gonna be a treat watching this year.

Saw Thilly on Rundle st on the weekend. Seriously still looks like a kid despite putting on a few KGs, so much room to grow wouldnt expect him to hit his peak for 3 years. Also they might not be Naughton style pack crashers but all our key forwards have sublime skills gonna be a treat watching this year.
Have had similar said about myself😉

He took 4 contested marks ( 3 on Alir/ Esava)

For context Curnow lead league last year with 2.6 per game

He was the best tall forward on the ground and was in our top 3 players on the ground

Not bad for a 21 yo tall …. Also it’s a month of big performances in training / match sim and now trial against oppo

Definitely some progression

I also liked Mark Keane’s quote about him , who’s seen him up and close
It would be more accurate of his ( or anyone’s) skill to see what the percentage is rather than raw contested marks.
I like TT he has enormous talent for a big guy below the knees and he always looks to play on quickly. He did drop a few easy marks though, hopefully that will be rectified

It would be more accurate of his ( or anyone’s) skill to see what the percentage is rather than raw contested marks.
I like TT he has enormous talent for a big guy below the knees and he always looks to play on quickly. He did drop a few easy marks though, hopefully that will be rectified
I reckon there’s a few people underrating his contested marking ability

Consistency and confidence can elevate it much further

Rather than do just contested marks, I've put together a short video of all his "involvements". Sorry about the quality, I had to zoom in so you could see him. Also I did it all in slo-mo.

Seemed much better with his tapwork on the boundary line throwins, than other ones.

Still nice to see him clunking those marks. Those ones he dropped... a few pretty dubious arm chops really. He got the hands right there.

lol at those saying they are getting JJ vibes from TT.

TT will be our best player within 3 years - and that’s saying something when you have the likes of Rankine and Dawson in their prime then.
Don't misquote me, my comment was in relation to his contested marking. He clearly has plenty of skills and will be an asset, I just don't think it will be as a contested marking forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So stop complaining
Then this place would just be...

tumbleweed GIF

Don't misquote me, my comment was in relation to his contested marking. He clearly has plenty of skills and will be an asset, I just don't think it will be as a contested marking forward.

He already averages significantly more contested marks per game than Jenkins did over his career, and he's nowhere near his prime. Not sure this one checks out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back