Who will win?

• Crows

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • Essendon

Votes: 23 47.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The loss of Berry also hurt us badly...we really needed him around the ball in that last qtr. That said, 16 I50's in the last qtr for 2.4...shows again our lack of composure and ability to hit targets (well most of the time, the two Rachele missed marks compounded this of course). We should really have won that in the end. Good sides make wasteful teams pay.

Ladies, gentleman and gender neutrals...hot off the AFL twitter....

Nothing to see here.

That actually makes me feel sick - that a player can openly mock getting away with a poor decision.

How does a professional organisation f..k it up so often.

I guess we can lock in more prime time matches next year too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just leaving AO now. Probably already been said but ROB was awful around the ground. Rachelle missed opportunities. Nankervis with some errors, probably the scapegoat. Confused about McHenry’s selection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never going to be paid in a scrum, 5 seconds to go, 3 point game

It just isn’t

Was it? Of course it was
The same umpires would have paid it at the MCG or Etihad against us for sure.
Stevic and CO favoured Essendon with all the vital decisions tonight. He's the David King of umpires, Hates the Crows.

That actually makes me feel sick - that a player can openly mock getting away with a poor decision.

How does a professional organisation f..k it up so often.

I guess we can lock in more prime time matches next year too.

The umps are scared to pay a late decision against a big vic club on the faint chance they get it wrong. In saying that Nicks lost the game at selection before it started. He's s**t.

Bombers clearly knew they were lacking up front going into the game, so the message would have clearly been ‘win at the contest, apply pressure, get the ball in as much as possible, win the game. 62 to 43 inside 50’s
Their pressure around the contest was just far far better, smashed us in tackles, and more importantly they made them stick. We’ve gone back to tackling around the hips instead of locking the arms. Our skills were putrid.
How can people expect Rachele not to duck his head when our skipper did the same thing in the 1st Q?

Laird, Dawson (amazing in moments, terrible in others) Cook, Gollant, Hamill, McHenry, all not very good

Thought Nankervis had a decent game aside from coughing it up a few times.

For me Cook was particularly ineffective. A lot of times when the ball gets brought down in the F50 he’d be metres off the ball, and the Essendon def would come off him to support. Looks VERY much out of his depth.

Mark my words, the only thing keeping us in games at the moment is a very solid looking defence. Thought Borlase was decent, could look to be traded end of year

We have massive confidence issues at the moment

Last edited:
I can't think of any other club that has had controversial final moment umpire calls or non calls affect 3 results in such a small space of time and be on the wrong end of all of them.

Let’s worryabout getting ours together
Teams are so evenly matched these days that umpires have a much bigger influence on matches these days than ever before.
And we seem to cop more than our fair share of bad/incompetent/cheating decisions and nondecisions that cost us games (and finals).

Teams are so evenly matched these days that umpires have a much bigger influence on matches these days than ever before.
And we seem to cop more than our fair share of bad/incompetent/cheating decisions and nondecisions that cost us games (and finals).
It’s an external excuse, we should be better thru out the game

Back