Who will win?

• Crows

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • Essendon

Votes: 23 47.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So you only saw the last minute of the game?
No, I saw the whole game. But that's the point, it doesn't matter what happened prior to that moment...how good or how bad we played...that HTB decision should have been paid, and Adelaide LIKELY would have won. If the goal had been missed then fair enough, but the point is the free should have been paid and Adelaide should have been given the OPPORTUNITY to win the game.

Once again Adelaide get shafted by an umpires non-decision in the dieing moments of a game.
Get your sh!t together AFL!!!!!!:mad:
The AFL would be glad Essendon won, Just like they'll want Collingwood to win tomorrow, Collingwood and Essendon up and about for their marquee ANZAC Day blockbuster clash will suit them fine.

All the AFL give a heck about is Crowds, TV ratings, Sydney, Brisbane and Money.

SA is not important the AFL know the Crows crowds will always be there

No, I saw the whole game. But that's the point, it doesn't matter what happened prior to that moment...how good or how bad we played...that HTB decision should have been paid, and Adelaide LIKELY would have won. If the goal had been missed then fair enough, but the point is the free should have been paid and Adelaide should have been given the OPPORTUNITY to win the game.
Would like to see it your way but can’t 👍

PS we had our OPPORTUNITY

You can’t single out one umpiring decision that happened in the last handful of seconds.
They made a few bad calls and missed calls the whole match, both ways. Any one of them could have affected the outcome of the game. Those things are out of the clubs control. What isn’t is the personnel and by that I mean the coaches.

two things I noticed about the final contest:
  • Fogarty could have easily given away a high contact free kick
  • The siren went at least a second after the ball up was called. Which means either time was already expired and it was a slow reaction. Or the timekeepers did not react to the umpires call. both of which could have been problematic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can’t single out one umpiring decision that happened in the last handful of seconds.
They made a few bad calls and missed calls the whole match, both ways. Any one of them could have affected the outcome of the game. Those things are out of the clubs control. What isn’t is the personnel and by that I mean the coaches.
I agree we didn't help ourselves but the umpires didn't miss as many Essendon frees as they did with us. I could see early we were going to get shafted by the dog umpires.

I hope that dog umpire seen Draper dive on the ground laughing with team mates about the non call after the game. Even a normal person would have to be a little embarrassed with that.

You mean the players that Nicks keeps selecting? Or the game plan and structure that he has implemented?
That loss is on the players, They played the game plan for 10 minutes in the 3rd quarter and got a 19 point lead then stopped, Then at vital times I recall a player hearing footsteps and the team blowing chance after chance at the end. Shonky umpire calls or non calls didn't help either. Nicks has been slow to try things this year but I'm not blaming him for that loss. The big problem is we have no depth.

Look At Me Running GIF by 60 Second Docs
Anything familiar here

That loss is on the players, They played the game plan for 10 minutes in the 3rd quarter and got a 19 point lead then stopped, Then at vital times I recall a player hearing footsteps and the team blowing chance after chance at the end. Shonky umpire calls or non calls didn't help either. Nicks has been slow to try things this year but I'm not blaming him for that loss. The big problem is we have no depth.
You don’t think the team was told to go defensive to protect the lead?
Defend Nicks all you want but there’s enough proof for all to see Nicks isn’t a good coach.
The loss was on some of the players as well, which Nicks continues to pick. Back to Nicks being useless.
Skill levels are down probably due to players being confused about the changing game styles and not playing their natural ways. Maybe they’re all just horribly out of form, whatever the reason it’s the coaches responsibility to get them on track and keep them there. Yep back to Nicks and also every other coach being useless.

I mean, maybe try others players to build depth. It took Nicks a while to pick Nankervis, Cook and Gollant for an "extended" run of 2 consecutive games (bet they will be dropped next week though) and he is going the same path with Dowling.

I mean, maybe try others players to build depth. It took Nicks a while to pick Nankervis, Cook and Gollant for an "extended" run of 2 consecutive games (bet they will be dropped next week though) and he is going the same path with Dowling.
Yep, just a complete s**t show

Back