Who will win?

• Crows

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • Essendon

Votes: 23 47.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It's another case of lost at the selection table... I can see them doing again to us what they did last year... Over by qtr time ... Then they will kick a few goals to make it closer but the game is lost by then

One of three teams Nicks hasn't beaten.

We lost the last two by 3 points and 15 points and there is no Peter Wright (kicked 3 in each of our last two matchups).

Backs against the wall and coming off a win last week.

We should win at home on Friday Night against an equally inconsistent Essendon.

But still Essendon by 23.

We reserve some of our worst football for Essendon for some reason

Duds who their own fans boo weeks later seem to light it up

I was brimming with confidence after Saturday's more freed up playing style but seeing our ultra-conservative selections has me worried that we'll revert to timid Crows.

The main problem will be if we engage in a shoot-out with Essendon: that would be a loss. Buckley commented before the Essendon-Dogs match that the Dogs shouldn't do that: they did, and lost. Essendon have beaten us many times after running and gunning.
I think we actually need to be a bit more defensive for this match, especially early. Grind and dishearten them, then run over them.

We must have a plan A to stop a run-on.

The main problem will be if we engage in a shoot-out with Essendon: that would be a loss. Buckley commented before the Essendon-Dogs match that the Dogs shouldn't do that: they did, and lost. Essendon have beaten us many times after running and gunning.
I think we actually need to be a bit more defensive for this match, especially early. Grind and dishearten them, then run over them.

Hey Matty Nicks - isnt that what led us to an 0-4 start?

Crows by 96 points
The optimism will disappear eventually, it will get you
Grim Reaper Halloween GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were down 7.6 to 5.1 against Essendon in the first quarter last year!

I don't actually recall the game but we maybe pinched some goals late in Q1 to stay in touch?

Must have been incredibly open

"In laws" over tonight for dinner so the tv will be on mute in the background - probably perfect because the commentary is crap
You should paint your face like Puddy, just so that they're 100% clear

"A stitch in time..."

I don't actually recall the game but we maybe pinched some goals late in Q1 to stay in touch?

I remember it well as I was watching on an Emirates plane en route to Dubai - to get live sport (and AFL for that matter was a nice bonus but it cut out a lot and every time it comes back in, two or three goals had been scored

We usually show them a complete lack of respect.

Watch for someone like Durham to record Bontempelli like numbers tonight.

Well you don’t bring in Sholl if you are planning on being defensive (unless you don’t understand what defence is), so hopefully more fast ball movement tonight.

But I fear the fumbles and poor disposal will be on display again when the ground gets a bit wet.

My guess for tonight is a tight loss after letting essendon open up the game and get a run on and then clawing back late in the 4th. Oh and patches were we absolutley out play them but can't put it on the scoreboard.

Always love a win, but think alot went right last week despite some issues in our gameplan/personel.

Back