Who will win?

• Crows

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • Essendon

Votes: 23 47.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Were the Big Footy experts right re our game plan and midfield set up in rounds 1-4 or were the Adelaide Coaching experts and Big Footy fanbois?
Our midfield will be an interesting watch tonight without Crouch. Do we put Laird back in his old role? Does Dawson play as a pure midfielder? At face value, this makes sense. HOWEVER, last week was a watershed of enlightenment with our positional changes.

Crouch out changes things a lot IMO. I'm not sure what the forced restructure from last week will be.

Thoughts anyone?

I predict we will chip it around the backline before kicking long to Redman all night.

Get 7 goals behind before Nicks releases the shackles and we go down by 2 goals.

Like most Crows supporters, I am not convinced that we have turned the corner (or are anywhere near the corner). We were very lucky to get the win last week but hopefully something clicks.

Essendon is as flaky as the 2024 Crows so anything could happen, big win, narrow win, narrow loss, big loss. It will require a bottle of red per person at the pregame BBQ so we can “enjoy” the game in a relaxed fashion.

We have at least 8 players that should be dropped according to our Bigfooty Experts so there will be plenty of players and coaches to blame if things don’t go well.
Who are the 8?
McHenry
McHenry
Rob
McHenry
McHenry
Rob
McHenry
McHenry

Our midfield will be an interesting watch tonight without Crouch. Do we put Laird back in his old role? Does Dawson play as a pure midfielder? At face value, this makes sense. HOWEVER, last week was a watershed of enlightenment with our positional changes.

Crouch out changes things a lot IMO. I'm not sure what the forced restructure from last week will be.

Thoughts anyone?
Reckon it will be Laird which is fine as long as no Crouch

I personally think Crouch in, Laird out would make the better midfield.

laird was for a couple of years an A grade midfielder, I do wonder if we actually wasted his early career down back.

I'm backing Nicks to not cut of his nose to spite his face and see Soligo and Rankine dominate the midfield CBA.

I have never seen us beat Essendon live. I have seen us lose to them at home in 2007, 2013 and 2019. I got a sickly feeling about tonight's game.

Stiill amazed at the people that watched last week's match and came away thinking it was Crouch and Laird that were the problem in the midfield in rounds 1-4 and not Dawson.

(IMHO, the Carlton match will be a bit of a false dawn given that Carlton still won clearances and split centre-clearances. Better teams will be more damaging. But that is a separate matter to the above.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was brimming with confidence after Saturday's more freed up playing style but seeing our ultra-conservative selections has me worried that we'll revert to timid Crows.
Depends which mob show up tonight.
The 0-4 Crows, directionless, fumbly, tentative and defensive will get beaten.

Last week's Crows should win.

Call it <<tosses coin>> ...

Thoughts anyone?
Soligo, rankine, dawson, rachelle and berry in the middle. Laird to the backline.

First time playing the Bombers at home since 2020. Will be interesting to see how we go against them at home, the last 3 games at Marvel we have not played well.

If we can continue our attacking style from last week, get on top early and get the crowd into it we should win. If we go back to our defensive gameplan Bombers will get up.

Crows by 24

Thoughts anyone?
I would hope we still use deeper rotations.

Berry can pick up most of Crouch's inside minutes, but he can also play forward too.

Would like to see Rachele with more than 2 CBA's.

Round 6 but this game could make or break our season.

Win and we go 2-4, with North next week and momentum into a showdown could realistically be 4-4 and back on track.

Lose and we go 1-5 and there’s no coming back.
Yeah, I can't see us coming back from a loss tonight.

Hopefully players play like season is on the line.

Thoughts anyone?
Hoping Berry takes most of Crouch's midfield time and Laird rotates from the HBF into the middle again like last week. I'd prefer us not to go back to Laird playing primarily as a mid.

Thoughts anyone?

Loading up on the Bombers.

Stiill amazed at the people that watched last week's match and came away thinking it was Crouch and Laird that were the problem in the midfield in rounds 1-4 and not Dawson.

(IMHO, the Carlton match will be a bit of a false dawn given that Carlton still won clearances and split centre-clearances. Better teams will be more damaging. But that is a separate matter to the above.)

Crouch has played his role. Laird has been a non-entity. I though Dawson had some pivotal moments last week even if he isnt shooting the lights out.

Should win, but think the Bombres will. 2 goal margin. McHenry to give away both goals. Laird back into the mids. At least we have last week's highlights to remember.

Back