Game Day Crows vs Crows trial match in Port Lincoln

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure, for the ones who doesn't have the skill to do it.
oh boy dunk GIF

Yep it would have been, can’t recall which players were unavailable for Nicks to pick Crouch, can you?
Some wanted Berry recalled, no? So good coaching from Nicks and he deserve the credit. I still recall the outrage when M.Crouch was recalled lol. I must admit, M.Crouch form did surprise me a lot but I'm not Nicks who knows how to coach.

Some wanted Berry recalled, no? So good coaching from Nicks and he deserve the credit. I still recall the outrage when M.Crouch was recalled lol. I must admit, M.Crouch form did surprise me a lot but I'm not Nicks who knows how to coach.
I can’t recall if some wanted Berry, I doubt it as his form was ordinary. Yes there was outrage and he has surprised. Given his form maybe Nicks seeing as he sees him daily could have brought him in sooner and not because he was limited with options…..

I can’t recall if some wanted Berry, I doubt it as his form was ordinary. Yes there was outrage and he has surprised. Given his form maybe Nicks seeing as he sees him daily could have brought him in sooner and not because he was limited with options…..
Berry's form was good late in the season which he has carried to this preseason. I take it you weren't aware of how M.Crouch was performing in the SANFL? He was still getting a lot of possessions but they were cheap backward handball and blind kicks just like how he was performing in the AFL, that's why I was surprise by his form in the AFL after his recall.

Last edited:
Berry's form was good late in the season which he has carried to this preseason. I take it you weren't aware of how M.Crouch was performing in the SANFL? He was still getting a lot of possessions but they were cheap backward handball and blind kicks just like how he was performing in the AFL, that's why I was surprise by his form in the AFL after his recall.
It's not rocket science, Matt has always been great at getting his hands on the ball, to get the most value from him you just need to surround him with players who are more agile and better users of the ball than himself. What you don't do is surround him with very similar types.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not rocket science, Matt has always been great at getting his hands on the ball, to get the most value from him you just need to surround him with players who are more agile and better users of the ball than himself. What you don't do is surround him with very similar types.
Probably but I would have thought he would still handball to them backward or sideway like he used to do and even when he has the ball in slow play, he look to lower his eye instead of just a dump kick.

They were? Crikey, so Nicks rewarded that style of play which is what kept him out of the AFL, over Berry who was playing well. Hmm lucky for Nicks Crouch changed his game completely over night.

They were? Crikey, so Nicks rewarded that style of play which is what kept him out of the AFL, over Berry who was playing well. Hmm lucky for Nicks Crouch changed his game completely over night.
Which was why I said clearly Nicks know how to coach as he saw something change to recall M.Crouch. Berry form was good late in the season for a few games but still not to his 2022 and I recall he got injured. It was always mental with M.Crouch as we all know he can play given his 2017 year when we made the Grand Final, he even briefly mentioned it in an interview when he resign about his change of form and something just clicked.

Last edited:
Yep I think 3 things happened

Matt finally changed his game style especially with ball in hand

Matt got super fit and sharper with his movement compared to 2020-2022

Matt came in and had Dawson next to him , I’d love to know how many times he fed Dawson as a %

Matt's ball use is a lot better than some on this board give him credit for actually, sure it's not overly penetrating but he's one of the better spot up kicks to leading forwards in the team, certainly a better kick than Rory Laird who tends to get under his kicks on occasions which can be a problem for the forwards especially.
I think he lost that for a while

Definitely had something to do with who was around him and playing in a struggling team

But for a while there all he did was transfer the pressure when he got the ball

To be honest if Crouch performs like he did at the back end of last year, with his ball use and accumulation, and if Berry hits form this year with speed and decent disposal, I would be worried if I was Laird and Sloane
Sorry, you’re joking right? What does Laird have to do to convince this board he’s a gun footballer?

To be honest if Crouch performs like he did at the back end of last year, with his ball use and accumulation, and if Berry hits form this year with speed and decent disposal, I would be worried if I was Laird and Sloane
Sloane... Yes.

Laird... No!

Back