Who will win?

• Crows

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • Essendon

Votes: 23 47.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That was definitely holding the ball at the end, we were very lucky to get away with that.
Would have been very unlucky to lose though. Better team over the game.

Sure Adelaide played some putrid football and shocking skills but I don’t buy into the narrative that the obvious non free shouldn’t matter because they didn’t deserve to win. Equally if it was paid and Essendon lost they’d be saying bad kicking for goal is bad football.
The point is Adelaide we’re good enough to be close enough for that free to matter.

Equally if it was paid and Essendon lost they’d be saying bad kicking for goal is bad football.
The point is Adelaide we’re good enough to be close enough for that free to matter.

I’m not sure the bolded is quite true

We weren’t “good enough” to be close on merit, we were lucky and not through our own efforts

That said, there is something to your point about the Dons blaming their kicking if they lost.

I’m not sure the bolded is quite true

We weren’t “good enough” to be close on merit, we were lucky and not through our own efforts

That said, there is something to your point about the Dons blaming their kicking if they lost.
Sure, and it is a teetering stance due to the colossal shitness but the facts are that they were good enough to be close enough to win had the free been correctly paid.
The other perspective for supporters to consider is what would be the commentary if the roles were reversed, Adelaide had kicked as bad as Essendon, the free was paid to Essendon and they won the game after the siren…my guess is that the outrage towards the Adelaide, Nicks, et al would be much the same as it is now in reality.
Would Essendon have not deserved the win also?

Back