Autopsy Round 7, 2020: Adelaide v St.Kilda *BYRNES DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Steele becoming the elite inside mid that we need what an amazing game by the man of.
Howard our best defender tonight and the back 6 are really starting to gel together.
Geary isn’t really getting a lot of love tonight. Held Brodie Smith to 12 possessions he had 31 last week has a booming kick and creates a lot of run and carry and drive for the crows was clearly shut down tonight.
Was nervous all night and didn’t get comfortable until the last 5 minutes.
Still plenty to work on but absolutely loving the energy on the ball by Zac Jones and Dan Butler. When Butler is hitting the pack front and square at full pace it’s a thing of beauty. Umpires deplorable, both ways but especially against us.
Ryders tap work is great wish we could combine Marshall around the ground with Ryders tap work.
Go you mighty saints.

I think Byrnes showed a lot of effort and he tried. I think this experience will be very valuable to him, and he's got the taste of it. He'll go back, be it scratch matches or training. Work on his craft and fitness. He's got a good future imo.

7 touches from our Captain and Vice Captain combined in the second half. Pretty poor for a young side... Geary did really well in the hard tag so that's understandable. But Ross who is a pure mid is really off his game. Not sure he's providing enough to stay in the side if hanners is fit.

Howard should be in the votes. Immense game

Umpiring was ludicrously bad. It was beyond explanation and we are fortunate to get out of there with 4 points with the ride Adelaide were gifted.

King is just a freak. He's bloody strong in the contest for his frame, he doesn't get rag-dolled as you would expect. He looked so lively and active in the first half.

He's literally a midfielder with the IQ he possesses. Always providing a contest, even when outnumbered. So agile and mobile around the ground too. I can go on for days praising this man, unbelievable. I never felt more excited about a talent coming through since Gresh at the Saints.

My boy Coffield shined bright tonight again. He's gained new strength in overhead marking, might be spending time with Paton.

I thought Geary was good again with the shutdown role on Smith, he blanketed him.

Disappointed with Marshall and Ross though.

If you were fitter, faster and far more skillful and creative than everyone else, which ground would you prefer to play on? The ground where it’s really easy to bring lots of pressure around the ball carrier or the wiiiide open spaces where you quite literally do as you please? I am not buying this fast deck theory surrounding Hill and think he’s really battling with all the pressure not to mention he would normally tear it up in the last 5-8 mins of the longer quarters when everyone is busting up. My point is.. he is doing his best in my view and we need to do more to get the ball to him where he can be most damaging forward of Centre

King is just a freak. He's bloody strong in the contest for his frame, he doesn't get rag-dolled as you would expect. He looked so lively and active in the first half.

He's literally a midfielder with the IQ he possesses. Always providing a contest, even when outnumbered. So agile and mobile around the ground too. I can go on for days praising this man, unbelievable. I never felt more excited about a talent coming through since Gresh at the Saints.

My boy Coffield shined bright tonight again. He's gained new strength in overhead marking, might be spending time with Paton.

I thought Geary was good again with the shutdown role on Smith, he blanketed him.

Disappointed with Marshall and Ross though.
I can’t wait to King can start to put in solid 4qtrs , seemed dominant in many first half’s this year but maybe lacks the tank?? for the second, just doesn’t seem to be the focal point he is in the first. Really exciting player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t wait to King can start to put in solid 4qtrs , seemed dominant in many first half’s this year but maybe lacks the tank?? for the second, just doesn’t seem to be the focal point he is in the first. Really exciting player.

He does fade out. If we can put up a consistent 4 quarter performance as a whole, You'll see him have a breakout game. He's due.

Best win this season.
First 4 quarter effort l can recall for a while tbh.

And was this the arrival of Jack Steele?
All the talk of chasing the Crouches, and our man just gave them a footy lesson.
Has Ratts unearthed a gem that was right under our noses??

Well done to Byrnes too. Not a massive impact but l like the look of him.
Definitely play him next week.
Hanners hopefully back in too.

It's gonna be a good week....

Steele 6 tackles, Gresham 5 tackles that shows who out of our mids were putting in.

It isn't just the number of tackles though, it is how well they tackle, Seb Ross made 3 tackles but they aren't hard tackles, they shrug him off too easily.

That's why it's a shame that Dunstan is injured as we could do with him now instead of Ross, Dunstan makes more tackles and they are hard tackles.

Battle only made 2 tackles before he went off injured but he made one of the best tackles I've seen, drove a Crows player backwards and dumped him.

Tackling is an underrated skill, I grew up playing rugby and you learn the art of tackling, it's not just a defensive weapon it's an offensive weapon too.

Good to get the win.

Sad to see the sport becoming the joke that it is. Players are afraid to hold onto the ball for more than two seconds because of the new HTB interpretation. And the umpires just ruined the entire spectacle of tonight regardless.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
How’s the non holding the ball near the end . Tried to beat 3 dumped on his hole play on . Farkme

The two best tacklers I've seen at St Kilda were Lenny Hayes and Sam Gilbert, both came from a rugby background.

Have a look at this tackle from Gilbert on Daniel Kerr.

Don't tell me tackling doesn't matter.

I try not to be the guy that complains about umpiring, but holy hell this game tested my patience. All I ask is to call it both ways...whether that means letting them play vs over umpiring. I have a hard time understanding how those umpires can sleep at night. Do you f-in job properly you clowns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back