Mod. Notice ** Melbourne Board - Suggestion & feedback thread, give us your suggestions **

Remove this Banner Ad

MFC board posters,

We are looking to see what you like on our board, what you would like introduced & how we can improve your experience on the Melbourne Big Footy board.

What are we looking for?

Generally we are looking for suggestions or feedback on ways we can improve the board as a whole but would like to get some constructive input in specific areas that you would like changed/fixed/added to increase your own experience.

Such as:

Hell: It is a bit of a ghost town these days, what could we do to make that more of a hub for MFC supporters to talk all things not footy related? I think this could become an integral part of our board so we’re looking forward to your feedback on this.

Competitions: Is there a comp you have seen on the other boards that you think would work well for us or one you have in mind yourself?

Structure: With the weekly threads such as, review, changes, votes, game day thread, ect, would you like to see more structure in the days the threads are posted or particular information provided in these threads or who starts them?

Other camp: We are also looking into starting a thread for opposition supporters to post in where the can be given a little more latitude for some robust debate with a “Caveat emptor” policy for any MFC supporters who might not want to engage in some stronger debate. It will not be a safe haven for trolls but as I said it will give opposition a bit more freedom & will hopefully stop any flaming in other threads.

Other areas: You might wish to discuss the 426 trophy (BC’s baby), an annual thread to record links to the weekly threads for each week of the season, a poster of the week/month/year comp for the board or whatever else you want to discuss.

These are just some suggestions to get you thinking, this is your thread to offer suggestions & feedback. We are happy for feedback on how we can improve but please keep it constructive & on topic.

Regards,

The Mods

Re: ** Melbourne Board - Suggestion & feedback thread **

A Stickied Glossary would be nice!
Trying to work out what 426 means, who the SME is and where exactly on a 5 star rating "spuds", "guns" and "elites" match up would be made much easier for new posters ;)
Than again, maybe working out the jargon is all a part of the fun

A Stickied Glossary would be nice!
Trying to work out what 426 means, who the SME is and where exactly on a 5 star rating "spuds", "guns" and "elites" match up would be made much easier for new posters ;)
Than again, maybe working out the jargon is all a part of the fun

426 is in reference to Nick Smith who was always injured and listed as "4 to 6" on our injury list. God I wanted that guy to make it as a player!

SME is the Stefan Martin Experience. Yes, Supermercado, I read your blog weekly and have done so for years. Love it.

My only suggestion is good footy banter which, from what I can tell, is what is going on in here these days. :thumbsu:

I for one would like to see an emphasis on posters constructing proper sentences, using punctuation correctly and learning to spell. Some of the efforts around here are atrocious at times. Of course it would be impossible to regulate, but I just wanted to put it out there.
Even if people can't write properly, they can at least LEARN TO SPELL THE PLAYERS' NAMES CORRECTLY.
Moloney
Dunn
Sylvia
Wonaeamirri (difficult)
Bennell
Petterd
Jurrah
Macdonald
Scully
Trengove

IT'S NOT THAT HARD.

/rant.

Sticky the thread that has the listing of players twitter!

Other camp: We are also looking into starting a thread for opposition supporters to post in where the can be given a little more latitude for some robust debate with a “Caveat emptor” policy for any MFC supporters who might not want to engage in some stronger debate. It will not be a safe haven for trolls but as I said it will give opposition a bit more freedom & will hopefully stop any flaming in other threads.
ODN on the Carlton board has a traditional banter thread for Carlton v Essendon games in the week leading up to the game where there is more licence for both sets of supporters to give each other crap but it is still monitored. I think Biff may have suggested something similar a while back, possibly with Norf. Now that we have 3 mods (or is it 2 and a half mods? mods, mods, mods, mods, modly mods mods mods) it could be kept in check.

CA I also think you should sticky your Ricky Petterd discussion thread and link the sponsorship thread to it. (btw any update on the raffling of gear?)

Finally I think we should have a troll exchange program. Send one of our more notorious trolls over to say the Adelaide or Port boards and we take one of theirs - could be a positive rehabilitation program for both concerned.:D

This thread has reminded me of the pick a goal kicker game we played last year.

You had to pick one MFC player per week and if they failed to kick a goal you are out. You have to choose a new player each week.

Some good suggestions here

You had to pick one MFC player per week and if they failed to kick a goal you are out. You have to choose a new player each week.

Forgot about that. Was good fun. Anyone game to start one? (Shotgun not) :p

Some good suggestions here

I third that idea. Although if we start it this week, everyone could be out by QB given how many goals we won't kick against Carlton, Essendon and Collingwood. :s

SME is the Stefan Martin Experience. Yes, Supermercado, I read your blog weekly and have done so for years. Love it.

And for historical purposes the origin of it is that when he first came into the backline and was playing well I called it The Stefan Martin Experience (featuring Matthew Warnock) a'la the Jimi Hendrix Experience.

Then he stopped playing in the backline and it stuck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to see Biff's pre game write ups moved to their own separate section after the game is done...after all, they're pure genius.

Also, there seems to be a shitload of threads being started on similar topics - if these could be streamlined a little that would be great :)

Could the MS paint thread be stickied also?

Cheers.

ODN on the Carlton board has a traditional banter thread.
CA I also think you should sticky your Ricky Petterd discussion thread and link the sponsorship thread to it. (btw any update on the raffling of gear?)
1. I like the idea of that, the teams that would be a good fit at the moment would be the Kangaroos, Pies off the top of my head.

2. I'll se what Dee & Marns want to do with that but now the window for joining for 2011 has closed that might be a good idea.

I'd like to see Biff's pre game write ups moved to their own separate section after the game is done...after all, they're pure genius.

Also, there seems to be a shitload of threads being started on similar topics - if these could be streamlined a little that would be great :)

Could the MS paint thread be stickied also?
1. I am thinking of a season thread where weekly threads like "game day", "preview", "Review" & "Votes" threads are all linked to each week so that we can have a reference thread for each week of the season.

2. If they are started, PM one of the mods to merge them, if they see the merit in you suggestion they will merge them.

3. It could be stickied but we need to work out which threads will stay there so half the page isn't sticky threads.

I think it was pezz who ran that comp to start with, but then he went away from memory. Can't recall who took over.

Does anyone want to put their hand up to run the comp, it was a bit of fun?

Yeah I'll do it, can't be too hard I guess. We will start next week.

Good stuff mate, thanks for that.

I might be a good idea to get it started today to give everyone a week or so to get register their interest & get their tips in.

:thumbsu:

Could I also please suggest we add 'Demons' to Melbourne, re the link that leads to our Board - the Geelong variant (Total Football) is wanky indeed - both other clubs have the moniker.

Could I also please suggest we add 'Demons' to Melbourne, re the link that leads to our Board.

I like the idea, I think we should have:

Melbourne Demons - Est. 1858

Show everyone else who the game belongs too. :D

Question re adding the "Paint" thread to the Hell board as a sticky. thought I add my thoughts here:

On the hell board it meant to be a bit of a "anything we want it to be board" with all the non footy related boards rolled into one but more for MFC supporters.

One of the reasons I would like it in there is that its not really a footy discussion but it is great fun. Also, it is a popular thread so it would encourage posters to venture on there more often & maybe contribute some more.

As opposed to other boards that are not footy related where we are directed by the activities of all other posters this is our own non footy board.

Board has potential

Remove this Banner Ad

Back