GWS, NA Roosters, ATL Falcons
Round 14
Saturday the 4rd of July2010
Adelaide Crows vs Essendon Bombers
AAMI Stadium
West Lakes
Adelaide
South Australia
AET: 19:40 (7:40pm), ACT: 19:10 (7:10pm), AWT: 17:40 (5:40pm)

Adelaide-logo-1991.gif
vs
Essendon-logo-1980.gif

Adelaide Crows vs Essendon Bombers

Weather Forcast
Max: 15C
Min: 4C
Mostly Sunny
chance of rain: 20%
expected rain: less than 1mm
UV Index: Low
Frost Risk: Slight
Wind: 9km/h coming from the North (Southern end to be that with the advantage)
Relative Humidity: 61%​

TV

Live
10 - Brisbane, Melbourne
Fox Sports + (Main Event Channel, 518) - New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Southern Cross - Wagga Wagga, Northern Territory, Queensland (besides Brisbane), South Australia (besides Adelaide, Port Pirie, Mt Gambier, Loxton), Tasmania, Victoria (besides Melbourne, Mallee, Sunraysia)
WIN - Mallee, Sunraysia

30 minute delay
10 - Adelaide
Sourthern Cross - Port Pirie, Mt Gambier, Loxton, Broken Hill

No telecast at all
Western Australia

International guide (for cmndstab :p)
India - 9:00pm (Saturday) - Australia Network
Indonesia - 10:00pm (Saturday) - Australia Network
Hong Kong - 11:00pm (Saturday) - Australia Network
Japan - 11:30pm (Saturday) - Australia Network
Europe (bar the British Islands) - 11:30am (CET) (Saturday) - Eurosport 2
Great Britain & Ireland - 10:30am (BST) (Saturday) - ESPN
Middle East - 12:30pm (KSA [Saudi Arabia??]) (Saturday) - Orbit Showtime Network
Vanuatu - 1:30am (Sunday) - Australia Network
Fiji - 2:30am (Sunday) - Australia Network
Russia - 11:30am (CET) (Saturday) - Eurosport 2

If you're not in any of those locations, you will have to rely on illegal online streams :)

Partial Ladder
pos-team-----w-l---pf---pa----%-----pts
10--Essendon-5-8-1174-1317-89.14%-20
14--Adelaide--4-9-1026-1235-83.08%-16

form
Essendon-W-W-L-L-L
Adelaide--W-L-W-L-W

Teams
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]F:[/B] Alwyn Davey ~ Michael Hurley ~ Jake Melksham[/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]B: Graham Johncock ~ Ben Rutten ~ Michael Doughty[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red][B]HF:[/B] Leroy Jetta ~ Scott Gumbleton ~ David Zaharakis[/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]HB: Brad Symes ~ Phil Davis ~ Nathan van Berlo[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red][B]C:[/B] Brent Prismall ~ Jobe Watson ~ Brent Stanton[/COLOR] 
[COLOR=navy]C: Tony Armstrong ~ Patrick Dangerfield ~ Scott Thompson[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red][B]HB:[/B] Mark McVeigh ~ Cale Hooker ~ Michael Quinn[/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]HF: Ricky Henderson ~ Taylor Walker ~ Brent Reilly[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red][B]B:[/B] Nathan Lovett-Murray ~ Tyson Slattery ~ Heath Hocking[/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]F: Matthew Jaensch ~ Kurt Tippett ~ Richard Douglas[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red][B]Foll: [/B]Patrick Ryder ~ Jason Winderlich ~ Andrew Welsh[/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]Foll: Jonathon Griffin ~ Rory Sloane ~ Simon Goodwin[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red][B]I/C: [/B]Tom Bellchambers ~ Sam Lonergan ~ Kyle Reimers ~ Henry Slattery[/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]I/C: Ivan Maric ~ Jason Porplyzia ~ Scott Stevens ~ Bernie Vince[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red][B]Emg: [/B]Bachar Houli ~ Courtenay Dempsey ~ Ricky Dyson[/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]Emg: Jack Gunston ~ Shaun McKernan ~ Jared Petrenko[/COLOR]

Key players
istockphoto_4163918_pizza_boy.jpg
and (Picture of Jaensch did not work and I'm told I can only have 17 images. I had 18 before I deleted this)

Richard Douglas and Matthew Jaensch

Pressure, pressure, pressure, pressure. Frontal pressure in our forward line is what we'll need to stop Essendon's run out of their backline. They will attack hard and fast and if we don't stop them, the backline can break the game open. But if these 2 players can be the key to stopping them. They can both harrass the shit out of the Essendon backline and trap the ball in our forward half.

KURT_NEWS-WIDE_-344PX_EE285618_6141.JPG

Kurt Tippett
2009 - mid season - 10th - We play Essendon - Tippett comes of age and dominates. Can he do it again? in this game last year he kicked 7 goals or 33% of our goals, and 1 behind or 25% of our behinds. Of course he can do it again, and with another dominant performance by Tippett we could very much pull off another big key victory over the Bombers

reilly_large.jpg
brad_moran-233x300.jpg
and
cook_large2.jpg

Nathan van Berlo, Scott Thompson and Rory Sloane
Essendon has argueably the best inside midfielder in the league in Watson, and we need to get to the ball first and get the ball to our outside mids like Tony Armstrong. This is where Bernie Vince, Brent Reilly and SImon Goodwin come in. Harder and lower, harder and lower, harder and lower. We need to get this into our midfielders brains so they go in hard and beat Watson to the ball. If they can't Essendon could very much break even in the midfield, but if our midfielders in van Berlo, Douglas and Sloane can get in and under and get the ball out to our players first, then we can win here and blow the game apart

1278-800x532.jpg

19th man
Their fans will be in with a cold night, but can we send their players and coaches off shivering in fear of returning to this hostile environment? Lets do it.

Key Matchups
training084jw9.jpg
vs
91105675.jpg

Graham Johncock vs Alwyn Davey
The best small defender in the league vs the best small forward for Essendon. This is in my opinion the biggest matchup in this game.
Johncock win = restricts Davey to 0 goals, cuts off 2-5 other scoring thrusts, sets up 4-7 of our scoring thrusts
Davey win = 3+ goals, keeps Johncock away from the ball allowing other scoring thrusts of the Bombers to continue a little longer, heavy pressure on Johncock forcing his possessions to be poor and potentially forcing turnovers.

/this is where I lost my initial writeup yesterday

taylor-walker-profile.jpg
vs
AFLPB%2520HOOKER%2520Cale.jpg

Taylor Walker vs Cale Hooker
CHF is the most important position on the field right?
Therefore Walker is a key to victory, and this is the planned matchup atm

(ps. I dont really have a writeup for this matchup, I just wanted to get a pisture of Taylor into it :p)

DangerMouse.gif
vs
PM_watson_narrowweb__300x360,0.jpg

Patrick Dangerfield vs Jobe Watson

the the best inside midfield in each team. IMO this is actually the most important position to a team, and i also feel Danger is the best in the league. In the end the superior midfield will win this game and these two clearance monsters will be the key to victory.​

ps. I'm now getting tired and just want to get this done and over with​

Prediction

lets look at recent form
Essendon 0 ruckman = Adelaide by 96
Essendon 1 ruckman = Adelaide by 16

This game Essendon have 2 ruckman, therefore by using last years results, you'd expect Essendon to win by 54

though, Essendon are down on form at this current point of time, while Adelaide is winning at home
therefore I really think it'll be
Adel-6.4.40-8.6.54-10.7.67-12.9.81
Ess--0.1.1--3.4.22-7.10.52-11.13.79

Why have you got pictures of Brent Reilly & Brad Moran where van Berlo and Thompson should be?
its a joke... and thats cook, not sloane

Well done, Riggy.

Of course the boys will win - it's our 40th Wedding Anniversary. We'll be there, and the boys won't let us down! :):thumbsu::)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done, Riggy.

Of course the boys will win - it's our 40th Wedding Anniversary. We'll be there, and the boys won't let us down! :):thumbsu::)
Congrats on the anniversary :thumbsu:

And well done finding a wife who, on her 40th wedding anniversary, is happy to drive for three hours to watch the footy. You're on a winner!

Good work for the time you had Riggy. Liked the hidden joke. Crows by a kick.

Edit - Oh and Happy Anniversary.

Its a hard game to predict.

Both teams have struggled this season. But the Crows have won 4 in a row at home. Both teams are nowhere near full strength.

I'm looking forward to it though. I hope we get another win.

Not happy that i won't be able to see the game. Will have to put up with watching the Eagles get demolished.

No TV coverage until 4am Sunday morning in Perth :(

I reckon we'll get an early lead, due to the Bombers having a week off and us playing a pretty good game just last week, so i am expecting them to be a little lethargic.

If you're a betting man, get on the Crows to lead at qtr time, half time and full time

A win to the Crows by about 20ish

Do people here ever go to games alone. I'm in a predicament were I have asked about 20 people if they wanna use my parents tickets coz they can't go and not one person wants them. my row never has people sitting in it so if I do go alone I will have about 3 seats empty either side of me. kinda awkward... But i wanna go to bad but... i dunno

Do people here ever go to games alone. I'm in a predicament were I have asked about 20 people if they wanna use my parents tickets coz they can't go and not one person wants them. my row never has people sitting in it so if I do go alone I will have about 3 seats empty either side of me. kinda awkward... But i wanna go to bad but... i dunno

I go to games alone. It makes me go slightly crazy -- yelling and jumping up and down a lot more than if I am with my flatmate or friends. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back