Toast Zak Butters - 100 games

Remove this Banner Ad

True champ. Great to see him get to 100, hopefully we will see a 200 and a 300.

(Now if Butters played for Norths, the AFL website would have had 3 articles on him by now, Larkey style and arranged his 100 games in order of his best performances)

Butters is awesome.

When he gets the ball, he is so damaging that the opposition players really freak out a bit and nowadays just about everyone in his vicinity clamps down on him. He is very scary streaming into the front half.

He's been a tad inconsistent but still very good this year but you get a bit more attention when you win the Coaches Award.

I think he can get better.

We are pretty lucky to have him.

I think he makes a great probably overqualified Vice Captain.

Congratulations on the 100.

Love watching him at full flight, one of our most exciting players to watch.

But fair to say it's hard to be exuberant given he went missing in Q2 and Q3 when Collingwood were on a rampage last week, similar to going missing in Q2 in the GWS SF when they were on a rampage, similar to going missing in the first half against the Dogs in the 2021 PF when they were on a rampage, similar to going missing all game against the Tigers in the 2020 PF...

Anyway, hope he's finding his consistency now that he's approaching his prime.

Love watching him at full flight, one of our most exciting players to watch.

But fair to say it's hard to be exuberant given he went missing in Q2 and Q3 when Collingwood were on a rampage last week, similar to going missing in Q2 in the GWS SF when they were on a rampage, similar to going missing in the first half against the Dogs in the 2021 PF when they were on a rampage, similar to going missing all game against the Tigers in the 2020 PF...

Anyway, hope he's finding his consistency now that he's approaching his prime.
he went missing in 2021 finals and 2020 becuase he was a forward then and a role player, forwards dont play well every week hence they are inconsistent.

he went missing in 2021 finals and 2020 becuase he was a forward then and a role player, forwards dont play well every week hence they are inconsistent.
Ah, I must have forgotten that rule in the AFL Laws of the game that forwards aren't allowed to play well every week.

Ah, I must have forgotten that rule in the AFL Laws of the game that forwards aren't allowed to play well every week.
well not a 2nd-3rd year small forward, and his first few finals

Well done Zak.

Love yah being creative, but don't try and do it all on your own when we are down.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets see if he can stand up for more than a quarter this week.

Thanks Robbie for backing a winner.

As exciting to watch as anyone in the league when he is on. I'd like to think more games injury free will bring more consistency and experience will help him to stay in the game for four quarters. But there is no doubt he is part of an amazing midfield that will be wonderful to watch over the next several years at least. Hopefully a premiership winning one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back