WRFL Div 2 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

They did not all go to Central Altona , there were player caps on how many went from Newport to other clubs
Central Altona was a successful Div 2 side for a long time before the crap walked in. Need to protect other clubs in our comp before it happens to them.

Keyboard warriors on this page is out of control. Killikg a once good forum. If you don't have anything nice to say please keep ya comments to your self. Opinions are like ass holes everyone has one ..

Keyboard warriors on this page is out of control. Killikg a once good forum. If you don't have anything nice to say please keep ya comments to your self. Opinions are like ass holes everyone has one ..
Hey buddy, we’re you in attendance Saturday? Care to elaborate pls!

Hey buddy, we’re you in attendance Saturday? Care to elaborate pls!
Was at the game, players from both teams had nothing to do with the incident and was a really good game of footy to watch.
Unfortunately it was a crowd issue (fuelled by drunken Wyndhamvale supporters throwing racist comments) which is hard to control at local games.
I think this forum is being harsh on Newport, they have a great bunch of people running the club that condemn this type of behaviour. I have also watched newport a few times throughout the past couple of years and I think they have come a long way from 20-30 years ago.

Was at the game, players from both teams had nothing to do with the incident and was a really good game of footy to watch.
Unfortunately it was a crowd issue (fuelled by drunken Wyndhamvale supporters throwing racist comments) which is hard to control at local games.
I think this forum is being harsh on Newport, they have a great bunch of people running the club that condemn this type of behaviour. I have also watched newport a few times throughout the past couple of years and I think they have come a long way from 20-30 years ago.
Going by the footage from Saturday, they haven’t come a long way at all. This stuff has been happening in the crowd at Newport games for years.
Maybe the people running the show down there throw a few bans the way of idiots in the crowd

If what you say is true and there were Racist comments then the Newport supporter/s who heard it should've approached a Newport committee member and informed them so they could inform the Wyndhamvale committee and let them deal with it. NOT become physical and group bash the person/s. Because this type of thing has happened before then the league has no choice but to either suspend the club or cease their existence... There is NO EXCUSE for what happened Saturday no matter how you try and spin it

Did you specifically hear racist comments being thrown out, or is that what the thugs told you they said to justify gang bashing people, indiscriminately hitting people not in the “fight” and hitting women trying to break it up?

I was there too and would vehemently deny that racist comments started the fighting.

I agree that there are a lot of good people inside the 4 walls of Newport but unfortunately they have no control over these thugs that turn up looking for trouble and time and time again these incidents keep happening.

Everyone would agree there requires action as what happened Saturday cannot be allowed and the Risk of it happening again must be removed... My question to you Behindmyscreen is what would you suggest that action to be?

Has anyone heard what the league is doing?

Or is it the ol’ we’ll have a hearing in a few weeks, we need to investigate thoroughly, then when the dust settles give Newport a slap on the wrist (or nothing).

Really would have hoped for quick action. Send a strong statement to everyone.

I've played Newport many times over the last few years and can confirm that nothing has changed, the entire team is ready to throw hands at the slightest and most ordinary thing (e.g a push), and it's not your ordinary footy biff it's a bunch of thugs with a gang mentality. Newport supporters and affiliates can jump on here and throw the race card and talk about their volunteers/club personnel but it's empty words, the club is a problem. Too bad nothing will change.

I've played Newport many times over the last few years and can confirm that nothing has changed, the entire team is ready to throw hands at the slightest and most ordinary thing (e.g a push), and it's not your ordinary footy biff it's a bunch of thugs with a gang mentality. Newport supporters and affiliates can jump on here and throw the race card and talk about their volunteers/club personnel but it's empty words, the club is a problem. Too bad nothing will change.
It’s always a pack gang mentality. If you watch the vision in the crowd the punches thrown are not good punches so he probably can’t go one out but rather throw them knowing they outnumber the others. This to me is cowardly for a start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The wing/flank area on Saturday @ Newport has nothing compared to Port Colts ground during the 90s & 00s

Had a mate that went to the caravan for a beer and never came back. Also colts would always win the throw ins on that side 😝😝

Last edited:
Just a wet letters slap on the wrist for Newport and Wyndhamvale.
Good luck WRFL attracting clubs when the league accepts that sort of carry on

Weak as. But they have always been weak tbh. Horrible league if we are being totally honest.

Turbo northern saints were on the news not long ago and you didn’t go hard on them.

Although I agree wrfl should have gone harder with penalties and also should have announced a plan to assist with the middle eastern community. More education and boundaries to prevent this reoccurring.

Turbo northern saints were on the news not long ago and you didn’t go hard on them.

Although I agree wrfl should have gone harder with penalties and also should have announced a plan to assist with the middle eastern community. More education and boundaries to prevent this reoccurring.
Think the northern saints issue was from years ago mate. But fair enough.

There was a mallee on the news six weeks ago. Wasn’t there like 10 players suspended.

Anyways, hopefully things get better.
Oh yeah now I know the incident your referring to. Mate tbh it was a bit of push & shove post the siren but didn’t get out of hand. But still not a great look but nothing like what I saw on this one at Newport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back