WRFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Clearly you do
You can see in an earlier post of mine that I'm enjoying recent seasons of D1 WFNL due to its competiveness (4 games on weekend, total 47 points difference). That was also typical of many games last season.

Much rather watch close, competitive footy than a higher standard with constant blow outs and predictable results.

I get my top footy dose watching and attending AFL & VFL footy.

You can see in an earlier post of mine that I'm enjoying recent seasons of D1 WFNL due to its competiveness (4 games on weekend, total 47 points difference). That was also typical of many games last season.

Much rather watch close, competitive footy than a higher standard with constant blow outs and predictable results.

I get my top footy dose watching and attending AFL & VFL footy.

Pretty sure there's a few teams in the EDFL who they could beat.

Watched 2nd half PCC v PC, very entertaining.

PCC''s a good, skilful and tough side, close until last 10 minutes, until they kicked away. Doubt PC can repeat their GF of last season, too many skill errors. 1st time they've beaten PC and they were very happy at siren time. Big crowd, good rivalry.

Watched 1st half at Altona, persisted in playing wide whilst CS played through the middle, the difference was stark. Altona clicked in 2nd qtr and started playing more direct and kicked 4 in 10 minutes. Altona overuse the ball, that's a big ground and overuse brings errors which is why CS led at HT. CS better than I thought they were.

Another good round, only 1 largish win, good comp at the moment, good day to watch local footy.

PCC''s a good, skilful and tough side, close until last 10 minutes, until they kicked away. Doubt PC can repeat their GF of last season, too many skill errors. 1st time they've beaten PC and they were very happy at siren time. Big crowd, good rivalry.

Watched 1st half at Altona, persisted in playing wide whilst CS played through the middle, the difference was stark. Altona clicked in 2nd qtr and started playing more direct and kicked 4 in 10 minutes. Altona overuse the ball, that's a big ground and overuse brings errors which is why CS led at HT. CS better than I thought they were.

Another good round, only 1 largish win, good comp at the moment, good day to watch local footy.
Is there a bell in the T W Sherrin

Also attended the PCC v PC game and agree it was a great day and an entertaining game. Good crowd and good vibe. I recorded the last half of the game and will upload to YouTube in a couple of day and post the link here.

Last-half game-day scenes from the Point Cook Centrals V Point Cook match played yesterday (Saturday 4 May 2024).
Watch for a courageous running-with-the flight-of the-ball mark by Point Cook's number 30 at the 32:20 minute mark of the video. Stirring stuff.

Last edited:
Point Cook Centrals V Point Cook RESERVES match played on Saturday 4 May 2024. My last quarter game-day video on YouTube.

Last-half game-day scenes from the Point Cook Centrals V Point Cook match played yesterday (Saturday 4 May 2024).
Watch for a courageous running-with-the flight-of the-ball mark by Point Cook's number 30 at the 32:20 minute mark of the video. Stirring stuff.

Great footage, awesome quality mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great courageous mark by Point Cook's number 30, Jim Botsaris.
My short video showcasing the mark in normal speed, slow-motion and freeze frame.

featured in the league's top 5 marks of the week. awesome to see it from another angle. great camera work AllHart

Thinking Altona will go 1-3 after getting beaten at Werribee Districts today by 35. Altona will struggle to make the 5, lots of skill errors last week, overused the ball and very indirect.

YSE by 18 over Parkside
PCC by 25 over Hoppers
PC by 7 over Spotty

Thinking Altona will go 1-3 after getting beaten at Werribee Districts today by 35. Altona will struggle to make the 5, lots of skill errors last week, overused the ball and very indirect.

YSE by 18 over Parkside
PCC by 25 over Hoppers
PC by 7 over Spotty
I agree re: Altona last week. Albeit I didn't see much. I do however disagree about making the 5. There is no clear standout and from an Altona perspective, have been in every game up to their eyeballs. They'll come good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back