WRFL Div 1 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

And people slam Deer park. I mean how much is YSE paying for Varcoe and how much are PC forking out for their recruits and need I ask how much CS paid out this year to FAIL.
No where near what Deer Park forked out for Greenwood, McHarg, Fevola, Stewart, Greenough, Perkins, Elton, Redpath, Edwards, barling, klix, aramantidis, Mckenzie, Goater, Houlihan, Bower, Morrish, Shannon Byrnes, Wong......

And people slam Deer park. I mean how much is YSE paying for Varcoe and how much are PC forking out for their recruits and need I ask how much CS paid out this year to FAIL.
hahaha, I'm pretty sure both YSE and PC spent nowhere near their total Salary Cap last year, they didn't overpay their players, which means they have room to recruit new/better players. Good mamangement, built on top of strong junior numbers starting to eventuate.

Just like CS, who are a few years ahead in their junior development. They had a core base of local product playing, and they paid imports to come and play around them for success.

All the right way to do it. But just doing it the right way doesn't guarantee you win the flag!

No where near what Deer Park forked out for Greenwood, McHarg, Fevola, Stewart, Greenough, Perkins, Elton, Redpath, Edwards, barling, klix, aramantidis, Mckenzie, Goater, Houlihan, Bower, Morrish, Shannon Byrnes, Wong......No where near what Deer Park forked out for Greenwood, McHarg, Fevola, Stewart, Greenough, Perkins, Elton, Redpath, Edwards, barling, klix, aramantidis, Mckenzie, Goater, Houlihan, Bower, Morrish, Shannon Byrnes, Wong......
Add Thornton, Guerra, Cavka, Broadbent, Bullen, Bloomfield and I’m sure there’s plenty more we’ve forgotten

hahaha, I'm pretty sure both YSE and PC spent nowhere near their total Salary Cap last year, they didn't overpay their players, which means they have room to recruit new/better players. Good mamangement, built on top of strong junior numbers starting to eventuate.

Just like CS, who are a few years ahead in their junior development. They had a core base of local product playing, and they paid imports to come and play around them for success.

All the right way to do it. But just doing it the right way doesn't guarantee you win the flag!

And that’s why Yarraville got nowhere this year and will be the same in 2023.

Deer Park hate em, love em… you can’t deny whenever they recognised a deficiency they did everything they could to address it - even if they were on top they still addressed their weaknesses.

That’s why they won 7 in a row and that’s why Yarraville will be lucky to stay in Div 1 over the next 3 years.

There I said it!!!

CS have seen the light and started addressing their deficiencies by adding the players they need. Good junior programs help a lot but bringing top end talent helps too.

Deer Park hate em, love em… you can’t deny whenever they recognised a deficiency they did everything they could to address it - even if they were on top they still addressed their weaknesses.

That’s why they won 7 in a row and that’s why Yarraville will be lucky to stay in Div 1 over the next 3 years.

There I said it!!!

CS have seen the light and started addressing their deficiencies by adding the players they need. Good junior programs help a lot but bringing top end talent helps too.
Yeah Deer Park certainly sensed a deficiency, and ran to Edfl to get easy Div 1 flag

There I said it!!!

Think yarraville will be ok mate. Were quite competitive most of the time for a side coming up a division, they did deal with some adversity, covid, Barlow being appointed Werribee VFL coach etc. they had 2 under 18 teams this year so with some clever recruiting(varcoe) I think they’ll be ok.
It really is a shame we’ve lost 2 div 1 clubs as it appears YSE & PC and ready to make up some ground similar to what Caro did this season.

Don’t know how they get termed the ‘new Deer Park’ after 1 pre season of spending.
Deer Park did it for a decade…..and got results!
Let’s see if Point Cook can string a few wins together first before we start getting carried away.
You will find that all these guys played juniors together apart from Burton and all are close mates and all want to support Clay Smith

Not much noise out of Altona, Werribee or Sanctuary Lakes.
Spotty have half of Bacchus Marsh.
Caroline Springs any coming or going?
Everyone else has spoken about Point Cook and Yarraville.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really interested to see the affect the Smith/ Dahlhaus duo have on PC. To me Smith would make an excellent coach, has the tenacity, fight, footy experience and resilience (3 ACLs) that a coach needs and they seems to be attracting others to the club. Apart from 1 year from Paul Chapman at Districts,, when was the last AFL premiership player to coach in the WRFL? I can't recall.

Just shows we shouldn't be too keen to merge or shut down clubs - those down the rungs are only a couple of influential signings away from turning it around.

Really interested to see the affect the Smith/ Dahlhaus duo have on PC. To me Smith would make an excellent coach, has the tenacity, fight, footy experience and resilience (3 ACLs) that a coach needs and they seems to be attracting others to the club. Apart from 1 year from Paul Chapman at Districts,, when was the last AFL premiership player to coach in the WRFL? I can't recall.

Just shows we shouldn't be too keen to merge or shut down clubs - those down the rungs are only a couple of influential signings away from turning it around.
Was a bloke nuffy that played 44 games at Essendon and coached 7 flags 🙄

Hey nuffy I said AFL Premiership player, Bullen is not.

If you're the best of the EDFL they are in strife.
That poster may now have claim to being the Best of EDFL (div. 1), in 12 months time.
Re: Bullen, nothing against him personally but there's probably never been a 7x premiership coach who is less in demand, I wonder why..

Sam butler played in 2006 premiership. Coached 2021 Stalbans

Maybe Glen Manton at Albion?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back