What are you currently playing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Racked up 10,500 gamer score on Xbox for March. Kinda crazy since in my first experience with the Xbox ecosystem I was averaging 14-18,000 a year.

Completed The Pedestrian on PS5 yesterday, had already done it pn xbox and pc ages ago.

Going stats crazy in WWE2K23, trying to put certain wrestlers on top 10 lists. And improve things in other areas. On PS5 I've only won 3 Royal Rumble matches, where the system says I've played 170 of them (granted most are simulations). On PC I've won 10, out of 70 (agsin most were just sim runs).

Improving my overall stats in Rocket League (will no doubt go on a losing streak soon).

Trials Fusion - Great game, beautiful to look at and plays really well.

The Wolf Among Us - Finished Ep 3 yesterday, epic series.

FIFA 14 - Ultimate Team still very addicting.

FEZ - Only through the first level, but very interested to see where it goes.

inFAMOUS: Second Son - About halfway through and enjoying it quite a lot. Great looking game too.
FIFA has usually been good. But FIFA 14 for some strange reason i have a soft spot for

I know doesn't have the best review scores, but I am 20 hours into Kingdom Come:Deliverance and am absolutely loving it. Graphics look fantastic for a PS4 game running on my PS5 and so much to do. Might be boring to some people, but best RPG I have played in quite a long time, very realistic to the period. Had some bug issues when it first came out but overall those have been touched up and not really an issue anymore.

Hopefully they are making a sequel to it.

I know doesn't have the best review scores, but I am 20 hours into Kingdom Come:Deliverance and am absolutely loving it. Graphics look fantastic for a PS4 game running on my PS5 and so much to do. Might be boring to some people, but best RPG I have played in quite a long time, very realistic to the period. Had some bug issues when it first came out but overall those have been touched up and not really an issue anymore.

Great game! The fighting mechanics aren't easy.. but your only a blacksmiths son and don't really know how to fight at the start 😉

FIFA has usually been good. But FIFA 14 for some strange reason i have a soft spot for

My Fifa history

Fifa 96 (cheat codes giving you super kicking powers to be able to score goals kicked from the goalie position on the pitch + unlimited fouls being able to slide tackle with no penalty = a really good time).

98 (first time going through the process to qualify for the world cup. Plus Blur title screen music too from memory)

2000 (the last of the cartoon graphics + Robbie Williams title screen music)

2001 (when they loosely started to emulate real life broadcasts with identical on screen score graphics)

2002 (Actually related this one with AFL commentary at the time, zoned players off etc. Also had my favourite on screen shooting meter).

2004 (Technically never owned 03.. so 04 was my first Fifa where they changed the gameplay..... where you couldn't always just use 1 player and take the player from one end to the other. It was still possible to occasionally be clever enough to do it, but you mostly had to start passing the ball around to make serious progress. Also remember the David Beckham commentary).

08/09/10 - I had 05/06 on pc, but didn't play them often. Skipped 07, 08-09 returned me to addiction status. Loved the gameplay and did many manager modes at the time. 10 has a special place in my heart, I quit the game just weeks after buying it due to a manager mode glitch that ruined my save progress......

Fifa 11 - Pre ordered it months before release. Returned to Fifa 10 to warm up before 11 came out... I became addicted again and ended up never touching Fifa 11. It's still shrink wrapped today LOL. I was in the middle of a long winded manager mode in 10 that I didn't want to stop.

Fifa 12 - my last truly great Fifa. Loved the graphics (owned it on pc, xbox AND Playstation... but it excelled on pc!) and gameplay.

I did play Fifas 13-16 but briefly. Returned to the franchise full tilt with 17, skipped 18, returned with 19. That's when I realised I wasn't as into it anymore - Rocket League had become my all year round sports game addiction in that time.

Got Fifa 23 bundled with my PS5...liked it enough that I purchased it on Xbox months later....... as it was cheap. Still didn't play either version often enough but oh well lol.

A compromise between BG3, Conan Exiles and Elden Ring.

BG3 is everything I say I want from a game, but for a player who prizes a self-created character the story really feels as though I'm playing an NPC/plot contrivance around the stories of Gale, Shadowheart, Lae'zel, Karlach, Wyll and Asterion. It'd also be better if the stakes of the plot - high melodrama - matched the tone of the game - high camp. I'm struggling to get into it, usually fade out at some point in early Act 2/late Act 1; get bored, make a new character, rinse repeat.

Conan Exiles is just an awesome game for getting yourself lost in, but I drastically prefer the old Hero's Journey than the split classes version they have now. It also makes no way to know what you're meant to do to 'finish' the game beyond looking online for an offline player. I also wish there was more variety in the combat; you have sword, mace and axe movesets in one or two handed, and you have bows. The crafting/building system is good, but it could really be better by having more in game information about where to go to find item X instead of making you look it up online. Creative mode is just a blast.

If you asked me, Elden Ring is the best game of the bunch. It's certainly the least flawed IMO, even if it's got the least replay value of any Fromsoft title ever outside of the PVP. The problem is in order to build a decent PVP build at any level requires a heavy time investment, and that weighs upon you before you even start the thing up. And the PVP is an experience like nothing else I've ever done, but it's also such a potentially toxic experience to go with the reward.

Basically, it's just a lot, and sometimes I'm not sure I want the weight when I could be relaxing.

I tried, man, I really did with KC. But I got very sick of training into training but still sucking, sticking some tape to my screen to serve as a crosshair for my bow, having to pay through the nose to save the game, etc.

It's tremendously immersive, but it's immersive to the point where some of it's just not fun.

Last edited:
I love KCD and have played it through a few times. I have actually considered reinstalling it just recently for another playthrough. It's really refreshing to play an RPG that isn't fantasy and grounded in reality, especially for anyone with a strong interest in European history. I wish there were more games like it and look forward to what Warhorse Studios do next (sounds like KCD2). Not sure how KCD goes on console these days but I don't think I could play it on anything other than PC at least to just have the simple mods to save anywhere and have a crosshair for aiming.

AC Mirage. It’s ok. More focused but completely stripped down.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Which is understandable since it was originally intended to be DLC for Valhalla.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AC Mirage. It’s ok. More focused but completely stripped down.

As much as I love the AC games, its about time to wrap them up. Just getting more and more repetitive to me. I like Ubisoft games(Though yes I know a lot of people make fun of them haha) AC and Far Cry being two of my favorite series.

However, instead of keeping going with AC(Which they more than likely will as long as the profit is there) I would love for them to make a sequel to some of their standalone games especially Child of Light and Immortals(Canceled the sequel but hope is eternal haha).

I love KCD and have played it through a few times. I have actually considered reinstalling it just recently for another playthrough. It's really refreshing to play an RPG that isn't fantasy and grounded in reality, especially for anyone with a strong interest in European history. I wish there were more games like it and look forward to what Warhorse Studios do next (sounds like KCD2). Not sure how KCD goes on console these days but I don't think I could play it on anything other than PC at least to just have the simple mods to save anywhere and have a crosshair for aiming.
Yeah I think there next one will be KCD2 as long as the funding holds up. KCD is not for someone who loves a fast paced RPG, but for me its been great.Don't get me wrong, I love games like Dragon Age and such as much as the next person, but KCD is almost a stress reliever for me so far if that makes sense haha.

Not perfect by any means, but does the job to pass the time and entertain and that is what video games are for.

After finishing it or if just want a break, bought Greedfall from the PS store last night(On sale right now). Another with middle of the road review scores but looks cool to me and second one is coming out later this year I think.

Jason!

Detroit become Human is in my top ten of all time, loved it. Heavy Rain holds up pretty well also.

1. Heavy Rain
2. Detroit become more human (have a feeling this will age the best though)
3. Until Dawn

Shortly I will be able to see where the Quarry sits in the pecking order. Never played Beyond two souls, might have to try it out too

Bought Beyond Two Souls for my PS3. Heard it’s mid but I like Willem Dafoe and Ellen (now Elliott) Page so I don’t care

1. Heavy Rain
2. Detroit become more human (have a feeling this will age the best though)
3. Until Dawn

Shortly I will be able to see where the Quarry sits in the pecking order. Never played Beyond two souls, might have to try it out too

I replayed Detroit over Christmas and it still holds up so well. It still looks and plays better than a lot of current games. I gave some of the Dark Pictures Anthology a go and it just made me want to play Detroit again instead (also wanted to replay Heavy Rain but feared it may look and play like jank compared to my memories of it). Dark Pictures and Until Dawn kind of bored me because I mostly felt like I was watching a movie. That's fine but the times I needed to use the controller just felt like an interruption. Where as Detroit and Heavy Rain still managed to feel like I was playing a game.

I replayed Detroit over Christmas and it still holds up so well. It still looks and plays better than a lot of current games. I gave some of the Dark Pictures Anthology a go and it just made me want to play Detroit again instead (also wanted to replay Heavy Rain but feared it may look and play like jank compared to my memories of it). Dark Pictures and Until Dawn kind of bored me because I mostly felt like I was watching a movie. That's fine but the times I needed to use the controller just felt like an interruption. Where as Detroit and Heavy Rain still managed to feel like I was playing a game.
Apparently Heavy Rain doesn't play that well, I'm going by a mate who replayed it about 6 months back. Scarred me off wrecking my memories of that game

Unicorn Overlord - receiving praise everywhere - im about 1/3rd the way through from what i can tell. It's alright, not the type of game I was expecting. complex in some areas, lacking in others. I will play to finish I think, but I was hoping for something else.
Jedi Survivor - enjoyed the first one. I'm not real big on Star Wars stuff, a few hours in and there doesn't really seem to be any elevation over the first game - seems like part 2. I'm still early on so hopefully the story and set pieces pick up. Will probably end up enjoying without being stand out.

Jedi Survivor - enjoyed the first one. I'm not real big on Star Wars stuff, a few hours in and there doesn't really seem to be any elevation over the first game - seems like part 2. I'm still early on so hopefully the story and set pieces pick up. Will probably end up enjoying without being stand out.

Really? The game felt like a huge step up. Was the most underrated game of 2023 IMO. I loved it.

A compromise between BG3, Conan Exiles and Elden Ring.

BG3 is everything I say I want from a game, but for a player who prizes a self-created character the story really feels as though I'm playing an NPC/plot contrivance around the stories of Gale, Shadowheart, Lae'zel, Karlach, Wyll and Asterion. It'd also be better if the stakes of the plot - high melodrama - matched the tone of the game - high camp. I'm struggling to get into it, usually fade out at some point in early Act 2/late Act 1; get bored, make a new character, rinse repeat.

Conan Exiles is just an awesome game for getting yourself lost in, but I drastically prefer the old Hero's Journey than the split classes version they have now. It also makes no way to know what you're meant to do to 'finish' the game beyond looking online for an offline player. I also wish there was more variety in the combat; you have sword, mace and axe movesets in one or two handed, and you have bows. The crafting/building system is good, but it could really be better by having more in game information about where to go to find item X instead of making you look it up online. Creative mode is just a blast.

If you asked me, Elden Ring is the best game of the bunch. It's certainly the least flawed IMO, even if it's got the least replay value of any Fromsoft title ever outside of the PVP. The problem is in order to build a decent PVP build at any level requires a heavy time investment, and that weighs upon you before you even start the thing up. And the PVP is an experience like nothing else I've ever done, but it's also such a potentially toxic experience to go with the reward.

Basically, it's just a lot, and sometimes I'm not sure I want the weight when I could be relaxing.
Re BG3 if you want some phwoar moments try playing as The Dark Urge.

I’d completed on Balanced and Tactician then did Honour Mode as Dark Urge, it was so good I’m doing another Dark Urge Honour Mode run.

I need to give Elden Ring a shot once I’m over my BG3 phase.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back