What are you currently playing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not even sure how you could get into COD nowadays. Game play and maps are terrible, even the weapons and progression are awful.
Bought the new COD a few weeks back to play with mates

2 x 2 hour sessions and I'm done with it

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Bought the new COD a few weeks back to play with mates

2 x 2 hour sessions and I'm done with it

I bought MW2 (2022) when it came out and my god I have never played a multiplayer game with such shit maps, weapons, progression, menus, everything. Seriously sucked to play.

Makes Advanced Warfare and Ghosts look like masterpieces.

I bought MW2 (2022) when it came out and my god I have never played a multiplayer game with such s**t maps, weapons, progression, menus, everything. Seriously sucked to play.

Makes Advanced Warfare and Ghosts look like masterpieces.
100% agree

Current play list

WWE 2k24 - beautiful looking game

Mlb the show 24 - handful of games so far pretty good just abit more polished than last year

Starfield - need one more achievement for 100%

Gimme a hell yeah!!

On my second play through. Actually just needed to shoot something a few weeks ago after a brutal day at work and got sucked straight back in. Unlocked the Unmakyr over the weekend and got nearly all weapon upgrades. It's the best FPS ever made.
I think you're right. The weapons are extraordinary. The combat is perfect

clutching a slow mo headshot on 1 health to refill HP before turning around to flyswat 4 heavies with the BFG. Absolute scenes.

I think you're right. The weapons are extraordinary. The combat is perfect

clutching a slow mo headshot on 1 health to refill HP before turning around to flyswat 4 heavies with the BFG. Absolute scenes.

There are few games that can pull it off. It is a repetitive shooter however it never gets boring because they nailed the gameplay, the tightness of controls and the complexity of the weapon mechanics, simple to use however many ways to use, if that makes sense. There are other great FPS but none quite nail that exhilarating feeling of Doom Eternal's battles, they are so intense.

As you said you can be down low on health yet a simple gun mechanic such as the pulse rifle overheat, a quick chainsaw hell even a double jump and dash can not only get you out of trouble but completely turn the tide of battle. It is purely a unique game. The Ancient Gods DLC is ripping too with a superb cutscene before the final showdown.

I'm finding the same with an older game I'm hitting hard in Sunset Overdrive. A battle can turn on a dime with a quick jump, wall run, grind (on any surface) and a well timed tiny teddy or frost bomb. Just so addictive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope. For some reason the PS Plus version of Doom Eternal didn't include the Ancient Gods DLC, and I couldn't purchase it either.

Ah bugger. Well gameplay wise its more of the same (which is great) but story wise it closes off a few things so not sure how a sequel would work.

Grim Dawn - Awesome ARPG. It's been sitting in my Steam library for a bit but was convinced to give it a go. Can see why people sink hundreds, or even thousands of hours into this. Plenty of options and choices when building a character. Went with a Nightblade, but not sure on 2nd class yet. :thumbsu:

Games Played/Finished

Some of these the main story/objectives had already been completed, but were recently updated with new trophies/achievements that I went through to get (again). Also done in the attempt to clear my Xbox hard drive of space.

Paradox Error - game previously finished but additional achievements now obtained.

Robolifter - an unfinished game that I spent 20 minutes on going through the last part. I liked it, kinda like an old 8bit Nintendo game.

Dordogne - the best recent game that I've played. On Game Pass, about 3 hours in length. Nice adventure/puzzle solver style. Thought the water graphics toward the end of the game were nice.

Prima Puzzle Prime - a maze style game, trying to find the right path for maximum points. Finished it ages ago, booted it up again to get the newly added achievements.

Mushroom Quest - reminded me of Chips Challenge (although slightly different in scope). This was a game I had on my list, but never actually started it.

Retro Tanks - Techinically not finished but almost, cool tank shoot/dodge style game while trying to find the exit on the map.

Tell Me Why - A life is strange style game by the makes of Life is Strange. Had already spent 9 hours on it....... wasted another 7 to successfully finish it with all endings.

Robozarro -

Antarctica 88 - finished the last mission

Iris Fall - downloaded it via games with gold ages ago, only did the first 30 minutes of the game back then. Finally finished it this week.

PS5

Unpacking - Finished the Xbox version last year, started the PS5 version in December.... finally finished it recently. An easy platinum trophy :p

Wonder Boy Collection PS5
Making my way through the collection, finished the original Wonderboy in all the forms in the collection (arcade, master system, game gear etc). Trying to finish the Arcade Monster Land next.

I didn't enjoy Stray at all. Once the novelty of being a cat wore off, which was pretty quick, it was a boring game.

My current gaming addiction is midnight suns. Can't get enough of it at the moment.

Last edited:
I purchased the C&C Collection on Steam while I was away.... finally got to install Generals (do have it on EA Origin as well but I wanted it on Steam!!) and had a go..... but it literally inspired me to just go back to C&C Remastered and playing the Allies + Soviet campaigns..... do a few missions but I end up playing Skirmish mode (my inner warlord loves it!).

I purchased the C&C Collection on Steam while I was away.... finally got to install Generals (do have it on EA Origin as well but I wanted it on Steam!!) and had a go..... but it literally inspired me to just go back to C&C Remastered and playing the Allies + Soviet campaigns..... do a few missions but I end up playing Skirmish mode (my inner warlord loves it!).
Is generals the one you can play as the terrorists too?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back