What are you currently playing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Continuing my retro FPS run with Heretic.

Had only ever played through the shareware version way back when. I play through Doom and Quake at last once a year and thought I'd mix things up a bit. Have owned it for years. Up to the fourth episode (out of five) and enjoying it. Big spike in difficulty going from the third to fourth episodes!

Using GZDoom. Will play through Hexen next.

Heretic and Hexen were both great back in the day!!

WWE2K24

Quick go this morning, graphically amazing and the match play itself is quite fun.

Continuing my retro FPS run with Heretic.

Had only ever played through the shareware version way back when. I play through Doom and Quake at last once a year and thought I'd mix things up a bit. Have owned it for years. Up to the fourth episode (out of five) and enjoying it. Big spike in difficulty going from the third to fourth episodes!

Using GZDoom. Will play through Hexen next.
heck theres a flashback!!

I reckon I was in the same boat, played the shareware version. May have been on a demo disk or something

Resident Evil 4.

I am definitely here for this franchise after playing RE 2 and 3. I hope there will be more remakes.
5 holds up pretty decently, especially if you have someone else to play it with.

6 on the other hand? don't touch it. at the best of time's its tedious and at the worst it's unplayable.

I wasn’t sure where to put this but I watched the first episode of Pokemon Horizons this morning. It’s the first series without Ash after he retired.

It’s really good, heaps of old and new Pokémon no Team Rocket!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just finished Robocop: Rogue City, I enjoyed it, it played like a Robocop movie complete with corny one liners.

It's probably not worth the full price but definitely worth picking up on sale.
Really good game. Had everything I expected from a robocop game

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Back on the MK1 grind ..

Taking my time though..

And have been playing my arcade machines a fair bit Killer instinct and trying to 1 token run The punisher..

Waiting for the inevitable price drop for wwe 24 not spending $99 now knowing in 2 weeks it will be $69 ..

JB hi-fi got me good with NBA 2k24 last year ..

Not this year boys

Back on the MK1 grind ..

Taking my time though..

And have been playing my arcade machines a fair bit Killer instinct and trying to 1 token run The punisher..

Waiting for the inevitable price drop for wwe 24 not spending $99 now knowing in 2 weeks it will be $69 ..

JB hi-fi got me good with NBA 2k24 last year ..

Not this year boys

WWE 2K22 came out around the same time as this years game (early March)
I excitedly got the nWo edition - cheaper than RRP (used the Xbox Live Gold discount + discount digital currency cards).
Less than a month later, the game was reduced for an easter sale :(
The nWo edition itself wasn't discounted by much, but seeing it reduced was a bit of a kick where it hurts :p. All versions of the game (standard, deluxe, nWo etc) would go on to be reduced among other games across the following months (including 50-60% off the original price).

I was interested in 2K23, but knowing what happened with 2K22 I held off. When the usual time period sale reduction happened I still didn't bite - knowing it'd eventually be cheaper. Even though it would go on sale a few times across the year... I still didn't bite, until December when I finally got it for under $20 (pc version lol). However defeating the purpose of saving money, I did get the PS5 version a few weeks later lol.

2K24 has caught my eye this year, hearing it plays much better AND the raving online about the graphics. I had been tempted by a new release purchase.... but I know better :p. Add the fact that while some character models have indeed been improved upon previous years...... others (eg: 80's Hogan, Andre the Giant) look borderline identical to last years character model. It's little things like that, which can make me hesitate (or just wait until Christmas again to buy it for $20 or less lol).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I made it to the point of no return in Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden, but apparently there's no free roam after you complete the main story and I've still got tons of side content to do.

I might move on to something else now and occasionally re-visit Banishers and tick off more side content

Resident Evil 1 remaster - Finished it today, although it took me 2 weeks. Survival horror masterclass. I have no issues with horror and can put them on and play them, but with early Resi games like this I kept putting it off because they manage to create anxiety with the way the game is designed. Limited ammo and saves, tight corridors, fixed camera angles making it awkward to aim and deal with enemies etc.. Put all those sorts of things together and it's a sweaty experience, haha.

Did have to reach for a guide a bit as things aren't exactly sign posted on what to do. But overall, great game. I'm glad I managed to get it out of the way. I have 2 (remake), 3 (remake), 6, 7, and Village sitting in my Steam library; will do those at some point.

Bought a secondhand PS3, the thing smells like it’s burning so I had to clean the dust out.

Turns out nearly every COD has some bizzare glitch. MW2 it doesn’t save any progress online, BO2 crashes at the title opening unless you sign out of psn before you launch the game, apparently some others just don’t work at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back