What are you currently playing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Currently rotating between Diablo 4 and the Quarry

With occasional flick backs to Spiderman 2 & Hogwarts

Just chucked on Fallout 4 today as well

As good as PS+ and gamepass are they, make it to hard to lock into one game

Actually finished a few games the last couple of weeks.

Doom Eternal: Again, just so good, everyone here knows how I feel about it, nuff said.

Sunset Overdrive: I started the last mission without realising it was the last mission. Had so much fun playing this even though its pretty old now. The gameplay just rocks, got quite a sense of humour. Will hit again once Ive polished off a few more backlog games.

CoD Advanced Warfare: Even though I went backwards from the latest CoD's I found this enjoyable. Tight gunplay and pacing. Cool weapons and a bit different from the Modern Warfare plots.

Currently up to Chapter 6 on Bullet Storm. Just a lovable no thinking FPS.

Playing vs battles with my son on Dead or Alive 6. Fantastic fighter though we are button mashing, need to do some lessons.

Need to figure out my next long term game investment. Thinking GTA 5, Ark Survival or Skyrim (never played any of them) and I really should get back to The Witcher 3.

Mafia: Definitive Edition

After feeling burned out lately, especially after sinking a ton of hours into Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden, this is just what the doctor ordered: a short, linear game with a good story to boot.

Will go for the platinum if it’s not too hard to beat the game on the hardest difficulty.

So going through the backlog and pulled out GR Wildands, never hit it properly and after two hours of play this is my kind of shooter. Love tactical open world shooters and this looks massive. Having a blast so far even only after 2 hours of play. Just so overwhelming but the squad controls seem really intuitive, driving is tight and there are so many options to take on bases and outposts, along with a huge amount of customisation.

Strange thing happened though, I tried installing off disk and the install just stopped, no error message just stopped. Tried to then install titanfall 2, same thing. Started worrying that the disk drive in the series x might be off the boil but successfully installed other games. Checked both discs and they are crystal clean, no scratches or anything and both installed previously on my old xbox one x.

So just downloaded off gamepass but I like having the physical disks, anyone else had this issue with these games or any others?

Finally started playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance the other day but then Dave the Diver released yesterday and now i'm hooked on that. KC:D gets pushed behind again lol.

So just downloaded off gamepass but I like having the physical disks, anyone else had this issue with these games or any others?

Probably a long shot but have you tried wiping the discs down ? Even though they appear mark free in some rare instances there's microscopic fibres that are invisible to the eye - but can still impact the readability of discs.

Read about it (although more to do with bluray and 4k discs that sometimes can't be read even though they've "new".

Finally started playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance the other day but then Dave the Diver released yesterday and now i'm hooked on that. KC:D gets pushed behind again lol.

Dave the Diver is stupidly addictive. "Just one more day"... One hour later.

Also, anyone shortening Kingdom Come: Deliverance to KC:D with the smiley face will never get old.

Probably a long shot but have you tried wiping the discs down ? Even though they appear mark free in some rare instances there's microscopic fibres that are invisible to the eye - but can still impact the readability of discs.

Read about it (although more to do with bluray and 4k discs that sometimes can't be read even though they've "new".
Yeah I have with a micro fibre cloth dampened with a touch of water. The thing is they were already spotless. Basically unused. Cheers for the tip though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i've been umming and ahhing over buying a steam deck for the last month or two solely because i know i'll get a ton of usage out of it since some days after work i can't be ****ed turning my desktop on to relax and play a game, and i also know that there's a ton of games that i own that run on it.

but: it's way too spenno, and it's still technically not released in australia so i'd have to buy it off a sketch (in my eyes) reseller.

but man, it's so tempting

Still plodding my way through Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth at an extremely slow rate. I'm enjoying only playing it once or twice per week. Avoids burnout.

Just downloaded Dave the Diver so I'll dive into that this weekend.

So fired up Borderlands 2 from The Handsome Collection on Xbox Series X to play through local co op/splitscreen with my son. Need some help as while I can sign in and use my account to save character progress the game wont let him use his account (Ive set him up his own unique account) to do the same. Instead he has to play as Guest. Everytime he tries to play as his account we get an error of "cant use this account" (cant remember the exact wording).

The game is a blast but really want him to be able to save his character. Any help or advice?

Resident Evil 6 - Finished it last night. It doesn't get any better. Complete chore to get through by the end. The biggest gripe of mine I mentioned in a previous post was about the constant cutscene interruptions that killed the flow of the game. Just constant. You could load into a new area, run 10 metres then a cutscene appears. Then, you're 10 seconds into shooting enemies that show up, then another cutscene.... on and on it goes at times. They could be as brief as 5 seconds or as long as 30-40 seconds depending on the events of the story, but it's one of the worst jobs of integrating gameplay and story I've ever played.

The Age of Decadence - A change of pace. Meant to be quite a good turn-based, choices matter type game with a decent variety of character builds and playthroughs.

grabbed this the other week since i love quirky little RPG maker games, and finally got around to playing it last night (in memory of the diggers) and boy it’s great. very unique with some stunning art/mechanics. would recommend if you’re into it

Finished the OG Leisure Suit Larry Collection (1-3, 5,6,7)

Yet to decide if I will play the off shoots (Box Office Bust, Wet Dreams Don't Dry/WDDD Twice etc).

Have started going through the Police Quest games - currently almost finished the third... have had to restart it a few times due to stuffing up and not saving properly :(

-

Had the hankering for a new game (even though yes I've been trying out lots of games for free eg: Dave the Diver and Orcs Must Die 3). Saw Tekken 8 was on sale.... $80ish dollars later and I'm now playing it lol. In hindsight I could have purchased either another new release game or several cheaper games currently on sale and do what I've routinely done with Tekken games in the past (and as recently as Tekken 7 - either got the base game for free... or purchased the ultimate edition for $20 or less lol) and purchased it dirt cheap. It's a fantastic looking game and it plays like Tekken... winner winner chicken dinner.

Played through Silent Hill Short Message last night with the bro in law because we're both massive pussies.

Really enjoyed it and liked how the story was pieced together. The ending and theme felt like a bit of a cop out for a Silent Hill game but still thoroughly enjoyed it. Only thing I thought was cheesy was the chase parts after each little story section, but then again it was a promo so can't be too critical.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back