Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - MITCHITO OWENS!

Remove this Banner Ad

You would have enough boys to have your own team

To be fair my boys would struggle against most. Fatty Hot Mum and Ethan Glacier Phillips wouldn't trouble too many. Oh and Pieface Byrnes didn't have many friends until he started running like a ferret on speed.

To be fair my boys would struggle against most. Fatty Hot Mum and Ethan Glacier Phillips wouldn't trouble too many. Oh and Pieface Byrnes didn't have many friends until he started running like a ferret on speed.
Little Pieface is really starting to get some consistently , Don't think he will get to the level I thought he would but is building nicely

Who gives a crap what others think about our list , best way to shut people up is win a flag and that's done with team work not individual awards , did harves winning two brownlows help us ?
It didn’t help us then but it does now! Having a two time brownlow medalist legend of the game coming from our club keeps us relevant. We’re in the history books. Plugger didn’t win s**t with us but we’re proud to have him be a part of our club due to his individual glory.

A flag is best but consolation prize is to have champion players we can be proud of and other clubs envy

It didn’t help us then but it does now! Having a two time brownlow medalist legend of the game coming from our club keeps us relevant. We’re in the history books. Plugger didn’t win s**t with us but we’re proud to have him be a part of our club due to his individual glory.

A flag is best but consolation prize is to have champion players we can be proud of and other clubs envy
We will be relevant when we have achieved something , having harves and co there doesn't make us relevant

I love the media. Stats suggest Owens is performing above expected standard for his age/position mix to an even higher degree than Daicos is, which is interesting but not necessarily mind blowing when you consider his capability at ground level for a "Key Position Forward", but the headlines are all "bETTeR tHAN DAicOs???????"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Champion Data suggesting Owens is having more of an impact than Daicos.

It's about how far above par for a player in a similar role . He's classed as a KPF which means he's up against guys who get a handful of possessions but generally score with them, Chito is getting big possession numbers and winning contested ball to push his numbers up. He's been incredible but Daicos is so far above him it's not even worth comparing them. Daicos will probably win a Brownlow in his second year and could be the best of all time. Chito probably becomes one of our next stars but there is a gulf separating them at the moment.

It's about how far above par for a player in a similar role . He's classed as a KPF which means he's up against guys who get a handful of possessions but generally score with them, Chito is getting big possession numbers and winning contested ball to push his numbers up. He's been incredible but Daicos is so far above him it's not even worth comparing them. Daicos will probably win a Brownlow in his second year and could be the best of all time. Chito probably becomes one of our next stars but there is a gulf separating them at the moment.
Just poor reporting for clickbait

Mitch has been nominated for Mark of the Year. Vote for him here;

Any half decent hbf should get 25 possessions a game. Mitch is playing a way tougher role than Daicos or Sheezel and doing stuff neither of them could ever dream of doing.

We are talking about a 2nd year player with 16 games under his belt who excelling in whatever role he is being asked to play - key forward, 2nd ruck, midfielder, half forward flank ...whatever!!!!.

Daicos is a very very good outside receiver who shines because because the team gives him the ball, not because he wins it for himself.

Any half decent hbf should get 25 possessions a game. Mitch is playing a way tougher role than Daicos or Sheezel and doing stuff neither of them could ever dream of doing.

We are talking about a 2nd year player with 16 games under his belt who excelling in whatever role he is being asked to play - key forward, 2nd ruck, midfielder, half forward flank ...whatever!!!!.

Daicos is a very very good outside receiver who shines because because the team gives him the ball, not because he wins it for himself.

I don't disagree with the difficulty but Daicos is seriously on another level. He's the architect of the side and their game plan is nearly built around his elite distribution. There are people talking him up as the potential Aussie Rules GOAT in his second year. Chito is the best kid we've had in years but he's not anywhere near Daicos. Sheezel is already North's best player pretty much since game one. What he's doing is incredible too.

I'm Mitch's biggest fan but others have guns too.

I said the same thing a few weeks ago. And that’s not to downplay Daicos and Sheezel, who are both very good players. But Owens is doing things that no single player in the comp is doing at the moment. He’s never out of the action. It’s scary to think what he will be in a couple of seasons. Should have gone top 5.

I don't disagree with the difficulty but Daicos is seriously on another level. He's the architect of the side and their game plan is nearly built around his elite distribution. There are people talking him up as the potential Aussie Rules GOAT in his second year. Chito is the best kid we've had in years but he's not anywhere near Daicos. Sheezel is already North's best player pretty much since game one. What he's doing is incredible too.

I'm Mitch's biggest fan but others have guns too.
Mitchito is obviously my favourite player but Daicos is doing crazy things. He’s genuinely performing better than All Australian Sinclair in the exact same role of uncontested running half back high metres gained high possessions high score involvements thrown into the midfield for some change up and kicks a couple opportunistic goals.

He’s outperforming our best and fairest winner/all Australian. Any “oh it’s just uncontested” criticism you send to his role applies to sincs too.

Mitchito is obviously my favourite player but Daicos is doing crazy things. He’s genuinely performing better than All Australian Sinclair in the exact same role of uncontested running half back high metres gained high possessions high score involvements thrown into the midfield for some change up and kicks a couple opportunistic goals.

He’s outperforming our best and fairest winner/all Australian. Any “oh it’s just uncontested” criticism you send to his role applies to sincs too.
Don't think I said "oh its just uncontested".

I understand exactly the role of the running hbf "receiver" and Daicos is clearly the best atm.

But no offence to running hbf's (Sinclair, Daicos, Saad included) but what Mitch is being asked to do is a lot tougher and thats why he ranks higher on the CD stats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back