Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - DARCY WILSON!

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Ben Dixon ask Darcy Wilson about his uncle Mick Nolan helping him? The same Mick Nolan who died in 2008 (when Darcy would’ve been about 3 years old)?

Just on that I note this from an SEN article:

”Another interesting wrinkle to the Wilson story is that he is the great nephew of ‘The Galloping Gasometer’, former North Melbourne cult hero Mick Nolan.

“I grew up as a North supporter. My great uncle, Mick Nolan, played for North so my family are massive supporters of North Melbourne,” the 18-year-old said further.

“Growing up I didn’t get much of a choice, but (it was) North at the end of the day.”

However the switch of allegiance to the Saints should be fairly easy as I note from The Galloping Gasometer’s Wikipedia page:

“As a child in Tarrawingee, Victoria, Nolan supported St Kilda and had the ambition of playing in their first ever premiership. He was recruited by North Melbourne from Wangaratta Rovers and made his senior debut in 1973.”

Go Darcy 😊🔴⚪⚫

Aha perhaps some confused family members too last night, what a game to play against the team you supported 9 months ago.

Will be better than Scully, Darcy has the ability to become an actual outside/inside mix mid not just an outside runner like Scully was.
The contested mark he took in the last quarter was brilliant for a first year player with little muscle. It shows he's not just a runner.

I was confused why he dropped so low in the draft and I still am. I told my mate before the season started that I was more excited for his debut than any saints player since McCartin.

Running is the most integral attribute in the modern game and he has it in spades. Add a good kick and a better best of speed than expected, and you've got yourself an absolute jet. Sure he's not a contested beast, but he also isn't soft as shown from the bump and his response to it. We're lucky to have him.

I also hope it lights a fire under Phillipou to get on his bike and deliver on his talent.

Last edited:

Aha perhaps some confused family members too last night, what a game to play against the team you supported 9 months ago.
Good mates with Mick Nolan’s sons and the whole family is very close.
Hugely talented footballers on both sides and watching Darcy has been awesome.
You’ve got an absolute jet. Very, very quiet and shy too and you can see it and his family all talk about it. He wouldn’t even feel like he properly fits in yet but that will be slowly changing, can you image when he does?
Was getting on him for the rising star before the season at $34 which we couldn’t believe, then just out of curiosity we checked after the North game… $51!!! Whist Harley was $1.30?
Nothing against the kid and has been good, but that is ridiculous.
For the record everyone woke up and got on Darcy since.
Really looking forward to watching his season evolve and when he starts being used as a full weapon (they are rightly only dabbling the toe in the water atm)
Look out!

Good mates with Mick Nolan’s sons and the whole family is very close.
Hugely talented footballers on both sides and watching Darcy has been awesome.
You’ve got an absolute jet. Very, very quiet and shy too and you can see it and his family all talk about it. He wouldn’t even feel like he properly fits in yet but that will be slowly changing, can you image when he does?
Was getting on him for the rising star before the season at $34 which we couldn’t believe, then just out of curiosity we checked after the North game… $51!!! Whist Harley was $1.30?
Nothing against the kid and has been good, but that is ridiculous.
For the record everyone woke up and got on Darcy since.
Really looking forward to watching his season evolve and when he starts being used as a full weapon (they are rightly only dabbling the toe in the water atm)
Look out!

I have a mate that is a draft nutter. He was telling me that the highlights for him didn't show how many tricks Darcy had. He said he's got party tricks but his highlight videos show an athlete running a lot. He reckons once he settles in he'll start showing a bit more of his flashy stuff. Blind turns and candy selling sort of stuff and not a bad with finding the goals too which we just saw.

He's already our third highest goal kicker this season equal with Michael Walters, Jack Darling and Darcy Fogarty. All forwards. One less than Tom Hawkins for the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back