Toast The Official Bailey Banfield Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How can anyone defend this guy's footy over the past month.
He is an average footy player at best playing way below the required standard to play AFL.
😂
I can. Because his last month has been pretty decent, which is why you didn't hear the whips cracking 😉 as they no doubt would of if that was the case

Missing 4 gettable goals is hell frustrating even for a supporter of his, but outside of that he was far from the worse tonight

Goal kicking can be a confidence thing. If he slotted that first one of the night, it might of been a case he would of kicked the next three and ended up with four.

Also playing further up the ground and wing maybe having a negative impact on his goal kicking. Nothing wrong with field kicking as the one where he pin pointed and centred

How can anyone defend this guy's footy over the past month.
He is an average footy player at best playing way below the required standard to play AFL.
😂
I’m no Banfield fan and I don’t think he will be a premiership player but there’s no need for a comment like that on a individual appreciation thread.

That's 3 straight games of being well below average. Missing easy opportunities one after the other while offering little elsewhere is infuriating. He's had his shot at AFL (more than enough). Its time to move on. Get Simpson, Delean or Stanley in. Thanks for the service Banners, your effort was never in question but you just don't have it.

He's just clearly not an AFL lever forward and that stands out when he's lining up as probably our 3rd best forward in the line up.

He still very much has a role and future in the team it's just in the forward line.

And for as much as 0.4 is a very poor effort - he was still our most dangerous forward all night.

I’m no Banfield fan and I don’t think he will be a premiership player but there’s no need for a comment like that on a individual appreciation thread.
Oh bailey, your eyes are so dreamy.
We appreciate your point kicking prowess.
Give me a pearl.
Necklace.

I appreciate the way he missed two easy opportunities in the 1st quarter to get us up and going and make use of our early dominance.

I also appreciate the way he missed two regulation set shots from 30m out in the 3rd to give us momentum to fight back.

I will appreciate him more when he is no longer part of the FWD line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's had a rough couple of weeks but saying he's not AFL standard is factually wrong, he's ranked as the 3rd best wingman in the competition.
Hasn't been bad overall..obviously the missed goals spotlights itvand tilts it accordingly.

Well done Bailey. Only fair to praise him after criticism of last week. He looks Much much better up the ground on the wing as opposed to playing as a third tall. Kicked the two goals we needed late in the game when a cool head as required and some composure.
Just needs to back it up with some consistency over the next few weeks now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back