Toast The Official Bailey Banfield Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope we get a new Bailey Banfield pic each day :)

View attachment 1708017
This has given me a pearler of an idea. Picture the scene...

It's the morning of December the 1st, the early sun flows through the blinds. FreoGirl stretches lazily, before leaping out of bed when she realises that today is the day she gets to open the first door on her...

Banvent Calendar!

Get on it Freo Marketing Department (yes, we know you read this forum)

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This has given me a pearler of an idea. Picture the scene...

It's the morning of December the 1st, the early sun flows through the blinds. FreoGirl stretches lazily, before leaping out of bed when she realises that today is the day she gets to open the first door on her...

Banvent Calendar!

Get on it Freo Marketing Department (yes, we know you read this forum)

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
do you get a chocolate as well? lol

I think he is b22 but he is out of form and he sucks in the wet.
Yeh. Don't think he plays best in the wet, so I'm okay he sits this one out

In terms of form, he was in good form 3 games back. Can a player really be out of form after just two games.

I think that it's more to do with the last two games not being able to play using his best strengths. Not his best role being isolated or as a 3rd tall, but with Darcy out that had an impact

Yeh. Don't think he plays best in the wet, so I'm okay he sits this one out

In terms of form, he was in good form 3 games back. Can a player really be out of form after just two games.

I think that it's more to do with the last two games not being able to play using his best strengths. Not his best role being isolated or as a 3rd tall, but with Darcy out that had an impact
It's no surprise that forwards play crap when the team plays crap

None of our forwards have covered themselves in glory the past 2 weeks

Exceptions are amiss and Walters v tigers

I think it's sad that anybody who believes in Banfield has to huddle in here
You really don't, players will be criticised when they don't perform, Banfield will go back to peel and find some form to work his way back, it's not like he's far off as he is an emergency again, might even be sub this week if Freddy misses

Banfield is clearly above about 12 players on our list right now so it's not like his cards are stamped, he's very much in the frame

Bailey Banfield - Jim Stynes Community Leadership Award Finalist

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Banfield is the kind of guy you keep around the club for all of the things that he does off the field, sure he may only play a few good games throughout the year, but he's a great depth player to have, can come on as the sub and have an impact, can dominate at state league level, but most importantly he seems to love helping others out, you can't buy that sort of attitude.

I hope we extend him when he's out of contract next.

Banners definitely does not get the respect he deserves for the most part around here, and in some cases totally disrespected. We have a player who has shown loyalty and bleeds purple, yet gets trashed on by alot

On field he might not be the most talented, fastest or strongest. Gets in alot of good positions, great handball, snaps goals most in the team can't. Played in the right position as a crumbling forward rather than third tall, he can consistently kick 2 goals a game. That period where we had the triple J forward line prior to the bye was when banners excelled.

Last edited:
What a great character to have at our club. They don’t come any better than Bailey.
He oozes compassion, has so much integrity, is a hard worker and a team player in every sense of the word.
He is one of the nicest people you could meet.

Bailey would be a most worthy recipient of the Jim Stynes award and I would be rapt if he gets it.

It's my birthday tomorrow and I have dropped massive hints about wanting something from 'the farm' ;)

Thanks for pushing this thread back up - people keep treating this guy with such a lack of respect.

It's my birthday tomorrow and I have dropped massive hints about wanting something from 'the farm' ;)

Thanks for pushing this thread back up - people keep treating this guy with such a lack of respect.

Yeh it's ludicrous. They whinge players not bleeding purple and when one does, they take it for granted. Saying it's not like anyone else would want him.

It's okay they may not rate him b22 but even saying his not even good enough as depth, especially on the wage he be getting.

Played not as a third tall I still think he can be consistent performer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back