Toast The Official Bailey Banfield Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Rack off. Easy scapegoat huh. Yes, very disappointing even from a supporter he missed few gettable goals but he has touched it more than slot of others out there. You can clearly see he is not the reason we are losing.

Nah. Can't kick a set shot 30 meters out

Players like him will cost us a GF if we ever make it.

His whole playing career has relied on being a wreckless, selfish player in order to keep his AFL spot.

I have never seen a player who gets every little minor thing they do well get celebrated like Banfield. A testament to how borderline uninspiring he otherwise is.

The club should return all their Willie Pearl Creek assets to the family end of the year and move on.
You may not like him, but attacking his character is below the belt.

You may not like his skills but saying he is selfish couldn't be further from the truth. He actually put the team first and does he is told

Him and JOM are the only players in the competition who get selected on character not on merits as a player. So it's warranted.

You may not like his skills but saying he is selfish couldn't be further from the truth. He actually put the team first and does he is told

His goals are from mindless pings. Then you have all the mindless pings that didn't goal or went out on the full instead of assessing options. Embodiment of desperation and selfishness.

Him and JOM are the only players in the competition who get selected on character not on merits as a player. So it's warranted.

His goals are from mindless pings. Then you have all the mindless pings that didn't goal or went out on the full instead of assessing options. Embodiment of desperation and selfishness.
Mindless pings lol perhaps he is better from play on snaps then set shot. He does it often enough previously that's it's not a fluke

I think Deathly is right in what he says that players like Banfield will cost us a GF in the unlikely event we ever get there.
0-4 conversion rate is horrific stuff.
People bag Sturt and I can see he’s not able to pressure like most. But he got two shot and kicked 2 goals. The most underrated and important thing is football is kicking goals. You are entire good at it or you are not. End of story.

What frustrates me is that players like banners have been given an incredibly generous amount of chances to prove he is a consistent AFL player. There’s been 80 odd games of “he might be good enough, he might come good and be consistent someday”
There also a decent argument that Erasmus and others development has been sacrificed at the cost of playing Banfield. That would be understandable if he was good enough but he’s just.. not.
If banners had turned in the 6 performances he did this year so far, and he was still 20 years old with 10 games to his name - I’d be more understanding.
I’d be like - ok, there was some good things there. This guy could be something when he’s 26 years old and has 7 seasons behind him and 80 games at this level.
But he’s not. He’s a 26 year old experienced player right now playing like a promising but inconsistent kid. How long more do we persist with that?? It’s damaging the club prospects.
We are doubling down on a player that WE KNOW RIGHT NOW cannot be relied upon in the heat of a big finals campaign.
Worst still - in an area of the park we are weakest and a position where hard earned chances simply must be converted.

Maybe some of you can start your own thread? Ohhh you would need to be able to read to do that …
I never get attached to players in professional sport. They come and they go all the time.
The only thing that endures is the Fremantle football club.
Long after every single player on this list has departed the fans (us) and the club will still be here.

I never get attached to players in professional sport. They come and they go all the time.
Long after every single player on this list has departed the fans (us) and the club will still be here.
Yeh I’m not sure there will be many fans left after a s**t show like that

This is an APPRECIATION thread where you’ve chose to target those who believe in him. How is that ok?!?!?!??
It’s like fishing in a pond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is an APPRECIATION thread where you’ve chose to target those who believe in him. How is that ok?!?!?!??
It’s like fishing in a pond.
Maybe you should put fantasy appreciation thread. That is two stinkers in a row. He doesn't warrant a special thread just because he is good looking.

I’ll remember this day as the one where I was most disgusted in our fans
You seriously need to stop and understand this is a board for discussing Freo, not supporting everyone and thing. People want to discuss, that includes criticism and venting. I have to be here to read every post, even through soul sucking games like tonight. You do not and can go elsewhere for a few days

Maybe you should put fantasy appreciation thread. That is two stinkers in a row. He doesn't warrant a special thread just because he is good looking.
What a bunch of pathetic bullies you have suddenly become.
You lock Carlton supporters and then behave like this?

Under the Oxford dictionary definition I feel this fits criteria of the thread, considering the others didn't.

I failed to appreciate the implications Banfield would have on my mental health and happiness watching him play.

He can't kick the ball. That's a prerequisite

How can anyone defend this guy's footy over the past month.
He is an average footy player at best playing way below the required standard to play AFL.
😂

How can anyone defend this guy's footy over the past month.
He is an average footy player at best playing way below the required standard to play AFL.
😂
He did go ok up the ground for a couple of games. He just needs to be depth so he doesn't have to maintain the level for too many weeks in a row. We had a few of those players in the Ross era. Played a few then got rotated out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back