Toast The Official Bailey Banfield Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No shock here.

For those not just focused on errors (should the last two shots on goal at least scored a point, perhaps. But they were not gimme goals. Others miss from direct in front no angle and nothing made of it) in last game and hate on him any chance they get, it would be surprising
I'm honestly trying to reconcile what Banfield is because all at the same time
  • He can be a very good link up link player on the wing with neat kicking and decision making
  • He can be terrible collecting the ball streaming towards goal from about 60m out (like, fumbles and gets caught a lot)
  • He can be one touch roving the ball and kicking a great snap
  • He can completely butcher a shot on goal

I think I will put Banfield in with Switta, Emmett (once he gets more games up) and current version of Walters as good AFL roleplayers, we just have too many of them in the forwardline

• He can be a very good link up link player on the wing with neat kicking and decision making
  • He can be terrible collecting the ball streaming towards goal from about 60m out (like, fumbles and gets caught a lot)

I think I will put Banfield in with Switta, Emmett (once he gets more games up) and current version of Walters as good AFL roleplayers, we just have too many of them in the forwardline
Yeah all the points you made are valid and I agree with. That's why the door is left open for haters

I think his current role bar playing third tall is his best one. Doesn't hurt if he kicking a goal or two a game

I think the problem is when he has too much time on his hands, is this indecisiveness or overthinking but I think can be worked on. Definitely a confidence player. I noticed when he does start making errors it gets in his head and he gets frustrated leading to potential undisciplined acts

He’s a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's s**t missed two easy goals and now west coast have dominated

He is worth delisting
Rack off. Easy scapegoat huh. Yes, very disappointing even from a supporter he missed few gettable goals but he has touched it more than slot of others out there. You can clearly see he is not the reason we are losing.

Players like him will cost us a GF if we ever make it.

His whole playing career has relied on being a wreckless, selfish player in order to keep his AFL spot.

I have never seen a player who gets every little minor thing they do well get celebrated like Banfield. A testament to how borderline uninspiring he otherwise is.

The club should return all their Willie Pearl Creek assets to the family end of the year and move on.

This is a banners appreciation support. It's like you coming in an oppos board after a loss and sticking the boot in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back