Toast The Official Bailey Banfield Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I was the same when I saw Stephen Michael as a youngster and couldn’t bring myself to approach him even after my Mum kept telling me to go up to him.

It’s hard when you see your heros up close.
I was at the Souths clubrooms after the 1997 GF and got my picture with the Great Man. Was sh*tting myself but the combination of adrenalin, euphoria and Emu Bitter gave me the courage I needed to go and ask.

23 games until he reaches 100. Gotta keep pumping games into him because he has some great genetics. Plus he deserves to be picked on form.
I've always been very critical of Bailey, but his performance over the last two weeks has been great.
Definitely best 22 with those performances. Hope he makes the 100 games.

I was at the Souths clubrooms after the 1997 GF and got my picture with the Great Man. Was sh*tting myself but the combination of adrenalin, euphoria and Emu Bitter gave me the courage I needed to go and ask.
I had met the Great Man many times, but was at the club rooms when he was made a legend of the club in 2015. Have photos of the night. My brother was inducted intot he Hall of Fame the same night.

I'm coming around to the idea he could be a legit winger.
Yep me too.
I’ve never been a big fan, mainly because I thought he wasn’t being played in a position that was most suited to his strengths.
He was drafted as a midfield tagger. He has a tank, he does what he’s told from a coaching point of view. He’s a solid tackler and can mark the ball at 190cm.
Just needs to tidy up the odd hospital kick.
Wing rotation problem solved. 😁

In all seriousness if he plays like he did on Saturday every week he'll be in the side for some time.
20 disposals, 2 goals a game is elite category.
Quite like his role this season. Cross between a hybrid wing/half forward. His tank is underrated and for him to be involved across half back is important, as his kicking is decent.
Honestly? He should just take the wing spot from NOD at this point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Banfield is slowly going from a "how the f did he get in the 22" to my favourite player and I'm not sure how he's doing it.

On A065 using BigFooty.com mobile app
This for me too.
I have never before yelled well done Banners and I’ve done it multiple times each game. My 21 year olds jaw was literally hitting the ground. 😁
Credit to the hard work. Well done young man.

Last edited:
Some of the unliked, I wont say hated because I have been told it is too harsh, are making a place for themselves in the team right now. I refer to Banfield, Hughes and Taberner.
Banners has played well , very well making crucial contributions at vital times of the games.
Hughes has setteld in nicely and doing a great job.
Taberner, has kicked goals and been a vital part. Some say he gets in the road of Amiss, but when he marks in a spot where Amiss should have been , makes thats dound silly.Tabs was there, Amiss wasn't.
And I am not taking pot shots at Amiss, but just giving Tabs the credit that he knew where to be at that time.
All three are going to be hard to be removed from the 23.

Some of the unliked, I wont say hated because I have been told it is too harsh, are making a place for themselves in the team right now. I refer to Banfield, Hughes and Taberner.
Banners has played well , very well making crucial contributions at vital times of the games.
Hughes has setteld in nicely and doing a great job.
Taberner, has kicked goals and been a vital part. Some say he gets in the road of Amiss, but when he marks in a spot where Amiss should have been , makes thats dound silly.Tabs was there, Amiss wasn't.
And I am not taking pot shots at Amiss, but just giving Tabs the credit that he knew where to be at that time.
All three are going to be hard to be removed from the 23.
One of Hughes or Draper makes way for Chapman in a couple of weeks. Depends on the match ups I suppose.

Tabs is there for the foreseeable future though. At least until Darcy returns and Jackson can play forward more.

Banfield is legit best 22 on current form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back