Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned this in the JHF thread but it’s worth listening to Luke Ball on ABC today on the tanking thing. His main points were:
1. After the champs plenty of people moved McKercher up to be a potential #1 even though Reid had been tagged the likely first pick from a long way out.
2. Reid can look good because he has Yeo and Kelly and others around him. It’s much harder to do without that mature support. So it’s way too soon to judge.
3. No way North could lose that game without taking Larkey off or something else horribly obvious, and they should not have done it.

I mentioned this in the JHF thread but it’s worth listening to Luke Ball on ABC today on the tanking thing. His main points were:
1. After the champs plenty of people moved McKercher up to be a potential #1 even though Reid had been tagged the likely first pick from a long way out.
2. Reid can look good because he has Yeo and Kelly and others around him. It’s much harder to do without that mature support. So it’s way too soon to judge.
3. No way North could lose that game without taking Larkey off or something else horribly obvious, and they should not have done it.
Actually amazing the suns have escaped scrutiny from that result.

Spot on, especially the 2nd point.

Yes we beat GC and.missed on Reid, we lost JHFF and Tarryn Thomas.
We should have JHF, Reid , TT and Sheezel.

some ****en how we have just Sheezel. Imagine that awesome foursome. We manage to **** up everything we do. Everything.

1991 Anzac Day. North Melbourne v Sydney.

The Swans led 19.6-120 to 12.12-84 at half time.

We won 27.26-188 to 21.8-134
Gotta be honest MM, I was joking and we were there. North were getting hammered as you note at half time - and a message was posted for all to see on the scoreboard that said something like, "Congratulations North Melbourne for your highest half time score this season". And we were in the northern stand on mouldy old wooden bench seats so we were all a bit grumpy (until the second half).

I actually do know also that there have been other turn-arounds (including one or two involving North).

no amount of rational perspective and thought will stem the tide of self loathing in here

Spot on, especially the 2nd point.
North was already sliding to the foot of the ladder when they were winning the flag in 2018. The mystery is how they have played so badly recently when they are capable - regardless of Reid - of so much more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes we beat GC and.missed on Reid, we lost JHFF and Tarryn Thomas.
We should have JHF, Reid , TT and Sheezel.

some *en how we have just Sheezel. Imagine that awesome foursome. We manage to * up everything we do. Everything.
We'll have Sheezel, Wardlaw, McKercher, Duursma and some poor bastard we get this year.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

no amount of rational perspective and thought will stem the tide of self loathing in here
If we weren’t sitting 0-5 people would be feeling better about that win last year I suppose. We didnt go on with it, Reid’s starring, WC won a game (and might win another) the self loathing is a little understandable. We just need to start winning some ****ing games.

North was already sliding to the foot of the ladder when they were winning the flag in 2018. The mystery is how they have played so badly recently when they are capable - regardless of Reid - of so much more.

The 2018 end of season review..

IMG_7303.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back