Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collingwood are winning whilst playing Billy Frampton as a KPD.

Ludicrous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from the fact the game was ordinary, Jesus a big Friday night crowd is a crap experience. All the people who promote and love big crowds don’t have to actually sit in them. By game time, half the people there are several sheets to the wind after filling in time in the bars, then spend the entire game up and down getting refills for themselves and their friends, barely registering the game until someone from their team does something that gives them a chance to roar and gloat for a minute, then it’s back to the drinking. Very few families, lots of groups of men and (some) women in their 20s and 30s. My evening peaked late in the game when the group in front of us couldn’t be bothered finding their seats after buying another round of cans, sat on each others laps, and then one stood up and the two guys sharing that seat fell backwards onto me. Nothing the attendants can do. It is completely out of hand and now I know why neither my mother in law or my son will go to Collingwood night games any more, and my partner is getting borderline.

It‘s not something I see at our games and I feel like it’s probably connected to the triumphal way the media and the AFL talk about big crowds - these drunk idiots genuinely feel they are contributing to the event as much as they players are, and have no respect or care for anyone who is just trying to watch and enjoy a game of footy.

Is Patrick Cripps the new Chuck of the AFL?

Pretty much gets away with throwing it in the contest.

I guess you don’t need to get rid of it properly when the umps love you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back