Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

We would be on a cool 30 games or so in a row LOST if not for that, so I’m glad we won
I’m not in the we should’ve lost camp but I’m not sure the win has really done anything for us. I had hoped it would be something to build on at the time but here we are.
🤷‍♂️

Agree, it was meaning less dead rubber. Just like any win we might jag this year which is unlikely.
But this is where I completely disagree. When a team simply CANNOT win and then they manage to get one - it is such a high for the group. It’s important. It’s team building. Jeez, the reaction of some of those boys who HADN’T experienced an AFL win was priceless. That is what it’s about. So yeah before you tell me that we have nothing to show for it so far, I raise you with the fact that we lost a LOT of senior players last year and we ARE a very, very young team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But this is where I completely disagree. When a team simply CANNOT win and then they manage to get one - it is such a high for the group. It’s important. It’s team building. Jeez, the reaction of some of those boys who HADN’T experienced an AFL win was priceless. That is what it’s about. So yeah before you tell me that we have nothing to show for it so far, I raise you with the fact that we lost a LOT of senior players last year and we ARE a very, very young team.
Lets be honest here, suns layed down. There was no honour in that win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back