Oppo Camp The Non North AFLW Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to the Vic Park game today. Nice day out but ordinary game, very congested and Pies didn’t look good at all, could easily have finished he game goalless - Melbourne at least did some decent work outside and in marking contests.
it looked like a good community event, I saw they had a wood fired pizza tent. Was there beer on sale? I can see it working a treat at Arden St if done right.

it looked like a good community event, I saw they had a wood fired pizza tent. Was there beer on sale? I can see it working a treat at Arden St if done right.
I'd go a wood fired pizza and a beer. Great idea

Yes, beers, coffee van - kick on the ground afterwards - absolutely would work at Arden St.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know its early days but i think they may have stuffed up these conferences. Our conference is looking so much stronger than the other. Should have been winner of each conference plus next best two records from either into finals

Having conferences is a massive joke

The other conference has all the shit kicker teams

Should just be top 4 overall make prelims

Sorry didnt see u had already said this...your right. Why did they pick the teams the way they did

I know its early days but i think they may have stuffed up these conferences. Our conference is looking so much stronger than the other. Should have been winner of each conference plus next best two records from either into finals
I suspect it was manufactured to get an AFL preferred result, but the way the Pies are going they won’t make it.

I caught a few of the other games this weekend and am really impressed with the overall improvement of the ball movement generally (but we still clearly lead here) and the tackling. Under pressure disposal still suspect but a bit of time most teams seem to be much better by foot.

You can see from the quality of a lot of the 18/19/20 year olds that the competition will be in a very, very healthy position in about 5 years time. The likes of Presparkis(sp?) is a gem, and only 18 or 19. I suspect that we'll see a lot of girls who have played right through their teenage years come in at a much higher level that the older ladies, who had to stop. Both games today were great. It's really too bad they weren't the ones on free to air afaik.

Unless teh AFL ****s it up, of course, like they have with this conference system and a reduction of games despite two teams joining. I think there's four new teams next year, right? You'd hope we'd at least see about a 10 game season with those teams coming in. It's completely unfair if all teams don't play each other at least twice. Four more teams should make the conferences a bit fairer too.

I think some of you guys (& the AFL) may be in for a rude shock when you realise that the AFLW are using a conference system this season.

As per the AFL: "The top two teams from each conference will play off in preliminary finals on the opening weekend of the AFL season. The team that finishes first in conference A will take on the second-placed team in conference B, and vice-versa. The winners will meet in the Grand Final."

Well, guess what? After 2 games, all 5 teams in our conference have at least 1 win and a percentage over 100. Meanwhile, over in Conference B, no team has a percentage over 100, 2 teams have 1 win, while 3 teams have lost both games! Melbourne, who are currently at the bottom (5th) of our Conference (A), would be on top of Conference B! See the current ladder here: https://womens.afl/ladder/2019

It's ridiculous... Let the uproar begin!

GREATER Western Sydney defender Nicola Barr has been sent directly to the Tribunal after being charged with rough conduct against North Melbourne midfielder Ash Riddell.
Barr bumped Riddell off the ball in the third quarter, with the Roo landing awkwardly on her ankle and not returning.
"It's the first time in my involvement in the MRO that we've sent a case ungraded to the Tribunal," MRO officer Michael Christian told womens.a
"We didn't feel the action and impact from Barr was captured accurately by the penalty table and the guidelines.
"It was most appropriate to sent ungraded to the Tribunal so both sides can present their case and a more appropriate penalty can be handed out."
Barr, the 2016 No.1 selection, was also charged with rough conduct against North Melbourne forward Daisy Bateman. She is able to accept a reprimand with an early guilty plea, with the incident was assessed as intentional conduct with low impact to the body.

I wonder if there's any footage of the incident. The fact it's off the ball and she got injured is really disappointing. I guess it may have been in play sort of. I thought that by the end of the game it looked like Riddell might not have been in too much pain but you never know what treatment the medical staff had given her. Hopefully she gets up for the game.

GREATER Western Sydney defender Nicola Barr has been sent directly to the Tribunal after being charged with rough conduct against North Melbourne midfielder Ash Riddell.
Barr bumped Riddell off the ball in the third quarter, with the Roo landing awkwardly on her ankle and not returning.
"It's the first time in my involvement in the MRO that we've sent a case ungraded to the Tribunal," MRO officer Michael Christian told womens.a
"We didn't feel the action and impact from Barr was captured accurately by the penalty table and the guidelines.
"It was most appropriate to sent ungraded to the Tribunal so both sides can present their case and a more appropriate penalty can be handed out."
Barr, the 2016 No.1 selection, was also charged with rough conduct against North Melbourne forward Daisy Bateman. She is able to accept a reprimand with an early guilty plea, with the incident was assessed as intentional conduct with low impact to the body.

Ahh yes.

Engineering outcomes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back