Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

All the SANFL nuffies on the radio are having a winge about desecrating their great man Max's stand and giving jibes to Bruce for being a traitor to the state. The same people who revere their team of all South Australians even though Bruce was ultimately the founding father of their club.

1680354808413-png.1646980

In his watchlist segment on AFL 360 last night, David King specifically pointed out a bunch of s**t efforts by Jonas against Rankine, and how Jonas on Rankine and Jones on Daicos amount to s**t efforts and near-inexcusable blunders in selection and strategy by Hinkley.

Western Royboy in his Ken Hinkley hyperbole.
Hey look I was 100% in Ken’s Corner - he will always be my favourite coach and I thought he was a perfect match for you but nothing lasts forever - remembering he’s been there 10 years or something extraordinary - I’d happily take him at my club in a Choco Williams type role

Hey look I was 100% in Ken’s Corner - he will always be my favourite coach and I thought he was a perfect match for you but nothing lasts forever - remembering he’s been there 10 years or something extraordinary - I’d happily take him at my club in a Choco Williams type role
Mate you were genuine and we all lapped it up early days. It's just been stale for way too long. Hinkley is what he is, his shortcomings have been there for a long time, whilst I despise the bloke these days, the idiots who kept on recontracting him are more complicit in the crap hole we are in at the moment.

Xavier Duursma about to be on 9 footy show

This is supposed to be a 'nods head' thread, Ford, and you drop in mention of the 9 footy show?

Just wanted to let people know X Man is on.

They discussed the treatment of JHF in the opening segment but I missed that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Floppenheimer

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/kingy-goes-in-on-floppenheimer-power/video/26f19f8634996f0703ab293241081c47#:~:text=FOXSPORTS-,AFL%3A%20David%20King%20has%20attacked%20Port%20Adelaide's%20showing%20in%20the,spot%20in%20the%20preliminary%20final.

“When they lose a clearance, they looked done. Immediately”
“They need to go backwards before they can go forwards with some glaring deficiencies “….

King one of the few calling out what’s an obvious chasm.

I’ve thought and often said that we leak like a sieve down back when it turns against us.

All the positive results, 13 game streaks PF appearances are just papering over cracks that these incompetent leaders have failed to address. Have we ever had a tough, uncompromising defence under Hinkley?

Nathan Buckley may not actually have the specific set of qualities to make a great coach but jeez I love hearing him in the media. I think it was already in him when he came to Port way back when, but he has such high expectations of himself and others. They are talking about the idea of every player who played that year getting a premiership of the club wins and he talked about society's "everybody gets a trophy" mentality and said we need to keep our kids away from that philosophy and teach them there's nothing wrong with competition and we succeed and fail in all aspects of life etc.

Like I said, I'm not sure if that makes a great coach, but jeez I love that attitude in stark contrast to Ken. He also talked about how he never "enjoyed" going on the footy show and couldn't understand how people would joke about footy at the time. He was just super competitive. I see some of that in JHF. Bucks had the nickname FIGJAM but the reality is that he was good and he expected the same.of others around him.

Just caught the last 10 minutes of 5aa sports show this morning. Tredders on with KayGeeeee ... the best 10 minutes of radio Ive heard in years... a Port person telling it how it is, without having to worry about overstepping the mark. Wish there was more of it.
Sounds like it was great radio?
Any summary of comments?

Sounds like it was great radio?
Any summary of comments?
Only caught the last 10 minutes but he covered everything from being:
  • Ghosted by Koch and Richardson when he applied to be on the board (at the request of Darren Cahill)
  • Hinkley being protected since out in straight sets
  • Seemingly selling the farm to bring in unproven players
  • The untenable situation where the AFL essentially control the board - and therefore the club
  • Koch trying to draw parallels with our 2001-2003 failures, with Hinkley's atrocious finals record
Wish I had caught the whole show. Was refreshing to hear what this forum has been banging on about for years actually verbalised on radio

I tuned in with around 20mins to go and was surprised Tredders was on. Decided to call in and pose the question of why has Hinkley not fronted for an interview to see if Tredrea (Kg and Tugwell I think?) could shed any light. Queried whether he was reluctant to front up or were the club protecting him. Didn’t really get a definite reply but Tredrea did mention hearing there’s some sort of protection going on.

I also pointed out Koch saying to Tredrea to learn about the club and that clown saying we went out in straight sets in 01,02 and 03 and how could a President of Port get such fundamental information wrong.
Tugwell then went on to say “I don’t think that was the only information he got wrong in that interview.” KG asked him to elaborate and he just chuckled and said “I think we’ve run out of time, maybe some other time.”

I tuned in with around 20mins to go and was surprised Tredders was on. Decided to call in and pose the question of why has Hinkley not fronted for an interview to see if Tredrea (Kg and Tugwell I think?) could shed any light. Queried whether he was reluctant to front up or were the club protecting him. Didn’t really get a definite reply but Tredrea did mention hearing there’s some sort of protection going on.

I also pointed out Koch saying to Tredrea to learn about the club and that clown saying we went out in straight sets in 01,02 and 03 and how could a President of Port get such fundamental information wrong.
Tugwell then went on to say “I don’t think that was the only information he got wrong in that interview.” KG asked him to elaborate and he just chuckled and said “I think we’ve run out of time, maybe some other time.”
What ‘they’ have forgotten is they are not there as an entity because the players that take the field each week or because it is a business and they are employed, the AFL is a buyer and viewer based business. If we really want to make a change we need to ‘strike’ stop spending the money, buying the memberships, new jumpers, supporting the club game day. Force the AFLs hand… they are there to provide the best product/representation of us, the people who support them. Until the Chairman realises and drives that mentality we are bound to repeat time and time again, whomever is at the helm.

Only caught the last 10 minutes but he covered everything from being:
  • Ghosted by Koch and Richardson when he applied to be on the board (at the request of Darren Cahill)
  • Hinkley being protected since out in straight sets
  • Seemingly selling the farm to bring in unproven players
  • The untenable situation where the AFL essentially control the board - and therefore the club
  • Koch trying to draw parallels with our 2001-2003 failures, with Hinkley's atrocious finals record
Wish I had caught the whole show. Was refreshing to hear what this forum has been banging on about for years actually verbalised on radio
In addition to that Tredders said given the current set up, even as a Board member it would be hard to invoke change. I assume he meant Koch and his veto powers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back