Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

So you're saying he's Janus?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Kornes IS Janus
Oh My God Wow GIF by reactionseditor

If only there was a guy who's job was to develop and oversee implementation of a gameplan that links not only players but lines of the team.
But nah a bunch of guys in their 20's should be able to individually manage themselves

Tuned into fiveaa while in the kitchen earlier in the hope there would be some discussion about last night's game.

What I did hear, of course was GrandPa Cornes and KG whining about local councils destroying the crows future plans.

KG was blathering on about the failed parklands and Brompton deals and Cornes stopped him dead in his tracks with this comment:

'Stop looking backwards KG and look forwards'

This is a 77 year old guy (whose every second article in the crowvertiser is whining about Ports entry into the AFL three decades ago) telling a guy in his mid 80s whose already had one major heart attack that almost killed him to stop looking backwards.

As for looking forwards, whose going to tell them the painful truth that neither of them are likely to be around before the crows actually move into their new home?

Alexa, change station to 70s music.

Tuned into fiveaa while in the kitchen earlier in the hope there would be some discussion about last night's game.

What I did hear, of course was GrandPa Cornes and KG whining about local councils destroying the crows future plans.

KG was blathering on about the failed parklands and Brompton deals and Cornes stopped him dead in his tracks with this comment:

'Stop looking backwards KG and look forwards'

This is a 77 year old guy (whose every second article in the crowvertiser is whining about Ports entry into the AFL three decades ago) telling a guy in his mid 80s whose already had one major heart attack that almost killed him to stop looking backwards.

As for looking forwards, whose going to tell them the painful truth that neither of them are likely to be around before the crows actually move into their new home?

Alexa, change station to 70s music.
How is this a media nods head thing?? Its stock standard AA shakes head stuff.

The media are slowly seeing what we have known for the last 7 years. But notice how it is still being phrased, for example by Kornes on his criticism this week of not putting JHF, Rozee, and Butters together at stoppages often enough. It was framed as "Port are not using ...... blah, blah." He still refuses to put blame directly where is sits - Hinkley! Instead he blames "Port"!!!

But the tide is turning, at least they are putting the heat on ...
View attachment 1971387

And from Kornes ....

“Can you really trust Willie to stand up in a big game?

c3cde3d1b1f23a0affafd12c6f05db94.gif

Dean Brogan has been working for the ABC radio coverage for the last 3 or 4 seasons. I knew he was Adelaide based, but looks like he is on their Saturday arvo national coverage and is Sydney with the call team for the Sydney derby. Don't reckon he did games outside of SA last year.

I like his work. Like the way he played, there is a bit of edge to his comments.

Had a couple of friendly digs at Kingsley about his pumped up physique and hot headed style.

This would have been so much better posted as a screenshot in the sack hinkley thread.

Also unless the club has done something behind the scenes, someone has stuffed up massively here. An empty AO surrounded by SMA staff...

Give us a break the story is all about a Port supporter dying of cancer. Who cares what the Oval looks like? Poor taste.

Best wishes to Simon and his family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry all, just though above was a good news story despite the obvious

Port man enjoys his last pie and beer at the footy with his family and friends

Yep, unfortunately people on social media sites including BF are mostly cynical without context. If its a good news, feel good story then it needs to be stated upfront rather than interpreted after the fact.

The media are slowly seeing what we have known for the last 7 years. But notice how it is still being phrased, for example by Kornes on his criticism this week of not putting JHF, Rozee, and Butters together at stoppages often enough. It was framed as "Port are not using ...... blah, blah." He still refuses to put blame directly where is sits - Hinkley! Instead he blames "Port"!!!

But the tide is turning, at least they are putting the heat on ...
View attachment 1971387

And from Kornes ....

Damning criticism yet still qualified...

"I love Kenny's attitude and ways, but in his 12 years in charge..."

Seriously how much less would this bloke have to do????

And from Kornes ....
I'm not a Kane Cornes fan in the media and our main issue is Koch and Hinkley but what he has said here has some ring of truth.

Burton - amazing kick, poor defender
Wines - a good midfielder but under Rozee, Butters, Horne-Francis and Drew and not a lot of impact on winning
Rioli - good small forward, the role is inconsistent and played well in finals last year
Bergman - young and learning to play wing after being asked to play third tall all last year
Ratugolea - new to the team and playing pretty well and gelling with the back 6

I think Burton and Wines are correct but the others are pretty poor 'journalism'.

Happy to see 9 news tonight, couple on drug charges in Bali. Reference pic had both in their crows guernseys & some nonce accused of sexually assaulting young job seekers pictured on the foot bridge in his crows costume. & not a strategically staged port cap in sight!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back