Game Day The Playthekids76 Memorial Trophy - Power v Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They might as well just leave Burton in until Kent retires. He'll be back out there playing the exact same way in 2 or 3 weeks max.
It probably won't be greatly dissimilar to when Tom Jonas was eventually dropped to the Maggies for 3 games after something like 6 Barry Crockers in a row for the Power, and was then reinstated with virtually zero form at that level too.

In the 2 games I saw TJ did his usual thing of trailing his man to the ball by 5 metres or so and then stood the mark as it sailed back over his head, including having his pants pulled down by one bloke who was apparently an ex norf melbourne reserve's player, and who appeared to be quite a bit more than just a tad over weight.

This should be a Ken Hinkley roadkill special. Port by 45.

Good to see Dylan back, he can hit targets all over the ground and will help open them up.

I know teams never line up as selected but don't mind Rozee on a half forward flank. Johnny Cahill captained a side from there and was a dangerous forward to boot. can't talk to his defensive pressure, Fos liked his half forward to kick goals.

Anyway I'm sure we'll take the learnings from last week and apply them to the Saints.

According to Nathan Brown in a Sportsbet ad (as good a place for footy info as any these days) half back flankers feast on St Kilda and he's tipping Dan Houston to have a big game.

C’mon guys get excited. We have had 3 players stinking up the team in the previous 6 games and now 2 of them have had their gold passes taken away from them. This must make us excited. Another stinker by Jones and we will have the trifecta.
All joking aside I expect a god win in the range of 25 to 35 points.
Jones should be the sub but won’t be.
Go the Power!

Who are you replacing Jones with?

There isnt any other HB in the Magpies. Unless you want DBJ to play back again and recall McEntee.
Dylan Williams. I imagine Williams will be the sub. Jones should be the sub, has some versatility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two tactical geniuses in the coaches’ box going head to head

Which one will emerge as King of the Losers?

Dylan Williams. I imagine Williams will be the sub. Jones should be the sub, has some versatility.
I suspect that Mead will be be the sub.

With Rozee, Wines, Butters, JHF and Drew in the middle. Wines, Drew and Butters will predominantly be rotated through the middle and the bench, which Rozee and JHF will likely rest forward at times.

Burgoyne, Bergman and Boak are the wing rotations. Although, I don’t mind the idea of Boak as a sub, I don’t think Mead is a wing and Burgoyne and Bergman won’t be able to run for 3 quarter on wing without help, so Boak will start.

If they start Williams as the sub, they will be a small defender short. Houston and Farrell will play that link up/ rebounding half back game, with Farrell likely to start on the bench. Jones and Williams will be the more defensive small defenders. Add in the normal tall defenders, the back six is actually looking really balanced.

Ironically, Saints having King and Butler out makes the forward line almost all the same height and a little 1-dimensional. I think it is only Camaniti over 195cm and they only have 1 ruck. Burton would have had a better match up this week than Collingwood’s dynamic small forwards from last week.

That’s how I see it anyway.

Jack Black Smiling GIF

I've just seen the outs and that is a step in the right direction.

Both Jed and Burton have been down on form this year and truth be told, last year so they can have a run in the Magoos and get some form back up.

A pity we might have bought some damaged good with Soldo but he's been pretty good this year and I would prefer a more long term approach so taking care of his knee issue is a good thing.

Sweet gets his chance to shine against a very good ruck in Marshall. Get busy Sweetie Pie.

I've defended Burton all this year but i broke after last weeks game, the numbers still looked okay but the efforts were deplorable. People say Jones has a gold pass, but we've got williams to come in but no one else in the two's besides Clurey that can come into the defence and i'd rather Jones in that instance. It was always going to be a case of who do you drop first out of Jones and Burton and i think Burton is the right call, with Jones it is obvious he is trying his best but he just needs to get over his nerves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back