Mega Thread The Former Player Thread: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Fascinating re Kizza. I wonder if he got head hunted or if he was looking for a job out west in particular for some reason?

And Hanners is still heartbroken about 2016: “Some of those free kick goals…”: Why former Swan finds it hard to move on from 2016 Grand Final loss. Fair enough. Still, my hope for him as it is for all of us, is that he (and we) can move on.
Didn't Kizza go west with his wife? Where her family is from. Reckon Don looked him up or vv. He'd make a terrific offsider I reckon.

Fascinating re Kizza. I wonder if he got head hunted or if he was looking for a job out west in particular for some reason?

And Hanners is still heartbroken about 2016: “Some of those free kick goals…”: Why former Swan finds it hard to move on from 2016 Grand Final loss. Fair enough. Still, my hope for him as it is for all of us, is that he (and we) can move on.
Kieran’s wife is from Perth. Her family are here. I wondered if the Don Pyke connection would come in handy. Although I do see it as slightly treasonous!

I don't imagine anything will for some time. Feel sorry for the kid.

yep.

it really is the worst current/daily example of click bait going around. It is only a matter of time before the Worst Australian manufactures a story about Harley meeting alleged war criminal Ben Roberts-Smith.

I reckon, like everyone, Harley will be a fine player but his career will be topped by the GoCo’s Walter. The low key entry of Walter is markedly different to and easier than Harleys. This is a classic lesson in how the northern clubs are better places for very talented players.

The Adelaide Addled ‘riser would go similarly bonkers if Walkers bane of Satan kkk kid was recruited by the Jim Crows.

It's funny that Dan sat through and watched the game, slowed it down etc. Because I've done the same thing (as have a bunch of other swans fans).

He talks about the passage of play where ranpe gets pinged even though he got a handball out. That was part of a 5 minute stretch where the calls were just ludicrously lopsided (compared to the shitfully lopsided calls for the rest of the game).

takes breath

Okay. I'll stop now. Just stopped by to say I second Hanners assessment of the umpiring.

Naismith on track quite possibly to play opening round for the Tiges. Done well over the pre-season and against Gawn in the practice match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naismith on track quite possibly to play opening round for the Tiges. Done well over the pre-season and against Gawn in the practice match.
Wish him all the very best.

If Naismith DOES play AFL for Richmond, he no longer qualifies for the former players thread.

Mods: I anticipate you will meticulously remove all mention of S.Naismith from this thread.

To allow him to remain would endorse pure anarchy!

If Naismith DOES play AFL for Richmond, he no longer qualifies for the former players thread.

Mods: I anticipate you will meticulously remove all mention of S.Naismith from this thread.

To allow him to remain would endorse pure anarchy!

200.gif

Sam Naismith will play for Richmond this week

Was obviously great to see so many past players back at the SCG last night but this.caught my attention. From Barry Halls insta. It's nice to know he doesn't hold a grudge. Would love to see it one day.
Screenshot_20240308_073252_Instagram.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back