Mega Thread The Former Player Thread: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

In case anyone missed this article

Geez the comments on this are rough.

Congrats to Dylan all the same.

If there is 1 former player I want to see do really well it's him

Geez the comments on this are rough.

Congrats to Dylan all the same.

The comments on their Board are just horrible.

I like to think most of us wish all the best for our former players whether they retire, are traded or delisted. Bloods do not attack their own in such disgusting terms.

The treatment Dylan receives from Norf people is just unacceptable and serves only as yet another example why that Club should fold.

The comments on their Board are just horrible.

I like to think most of us wish all the best for our former players whether they retire, are traded or delisted. Bloods do not attack their own in such disgusting terms.

The treatment Dylan receives from Norf people is just unacceptable and serves only as yet another example why that Club should fold.
To be fair, they as just as vituperative about their other players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure that any know that Paddy Mac is still working for the club in oppo analysis

I knew (and have reported) that he is still involved at the club, didn't know it was in oppo analysis. Most of that stuff is done by Zoe Vicic these days. Paddy on the other hand can be seen running drinks and the like at training.

I knew (and have reported) that he is still involved at the club, didn't know it was in oppo analysis. Most of that stuff is done by Zoe Vicic these days. Paddy on the other hand can be seen running drinks and the like at training.
Will find out for sure tomorrow evening . Who is Zoe VICIC

Will find out for sure tomorrow evening . Who is Zoe VICIC

It may surprise you to know that Zoe Vicic has become a bit of a heavyweight at our football club in the AFL program. She was a netballer and worked at GWS but has been with us a few years now. She's heavily involved in oppo analysis. I gather she's good at crunching numbers and her views are highly respected. You'll often see her at the back of the coaching box on game day. I have a feeling she even contributes in the list management space but I'm not sure about that.

Vicic's counterpart in the AFLW program is Phoebe Carter. Phoebe definitely is involved in list management for the W program.

It may surprise you to know that Zoe Vicic has become a bit of a heavyweight at our football club in the AFL program. She was a netballer and worked at GWS but has been with us a few years now. She's heavily involved in oppo analysis. I gather she's good at crunching numbers and her views are highly respected. You'll often see her at the back of the coaching box on game day. I have a feeling she even contributes in the list management space but I'm not sure about that.

Vicic's counterpart in the AFLW program is Phoebe Carter. Phoebe definitely is involved in list management for the W program.
Zoe features in Inside Sydney Ep 4 2022. Ex-GWS netballer. Get the feeling she provides a lot of info on training numbers and so on as well.
So many people with important roles that we don't know about.

You have surprised me .
The club used to put out a list of staff , that would be interesting

You have surprised me .
The club used to put out a list of staff , that would be interesting

It's especially interesting given that they basically replaced Stuey Maxfield with Zoe i.e. Maxy lost his spot with the pandemic squeeze and then when they went to re-hire they grabbed Zoe instead. There's probably a fair bit more to that story that I know nothing about.

It's especially interesting given that they basically replaced Stuey Maxfield with Zoe i.e. Maxy lost his spot with the pandemic squeeze and then when they went to re-hire they grabbed Zoe instead. There's probably a fair bit more to that story that I know nothing about.
Stewie wasn't happy believe me

Zoe features in Inside Sydney Ep 4 2022. Ex-GWS netballer. Get the feeling she provides a lot of info on training numbers and so on as well.
So many people with important roles that we don't know about.

Good pick up KC. Here's the video:

A few key behind the scenes staff (Damien Raper, Zoe Vicic and Rob Inness) introduce themselves and explain their roles. In Vicic's case I think her role may have expanded a little since then as she has earned trust by excelling at what she does.

Stewie wasn't happy believe me

I daresay he wasn't. He was one of the biggest losers from that. Lloyd Peris was another but at least he went on to work with GWS and has been able to stay involved with footy.

From LinkedIn it appears that since leaving the Swans Maxfield has worked as a labourer, broker, for pool servicing warehouse, and is now working as a courier. https://www.linkedin.com/in/stuart-maxfield-060863190/?originalSubdomain=au

There comes a time that clubs and people have to move forward. We don't know the whole story but I infer it was time to shake things up a bit and try something different in that role.

Last edited:

A few key behind the scenes staff (Damien Raper, Zoe Vicic and Rob Inness) introduce themselves and explain their roles. In Vicic's case I think her role may have expanded a little since then as she has earned trust by excelling at what she does.

I daresay he wasn't. He was one of the biggest losers from that. Lloyd Peris was another but at least he went on to work with GWS and has been able to stay involved with footy.

From LinkedIn it appears that since leaving the Swans Maxfield has worked as a labourer, broker, for pool servicing warehouse, and is now working as a courier. https://www.linkedin.com/in/stuart-maxfield-060863190/?originalSubdomain=au

There comes a time that clubs and people have to move forward. We don't know the whole story but I infer it was time to shake things up a bit and try something different in that role.

Stewie was working with a tree removal company , but has had back issues , might see him soon and will ask him.P.S have known him since he was a chippie's apprentice when starting at the Tigers.

Rough that a man with a long and fairly illustrious football career like Maxfield’s can still find himself having to deliver packages in his 50s to earn a crust.

Why I’m never going to begrudge a player for leaving the club for a bigger contract elsewhere.!

Rough that a man with a long and fairly illustrious football career like Maxfield’s can still find himself having to deliver packages in his 50s to earn a crust.

Why I’m never going to begrudge a player for leaving the club for a bigger contract elsewhere.!
100% need to remember it's a job.
It has a lot of emotional factors attached but $500k (the extra) is still a helluva lot of loot at the end of your life if you've invested it well.
A lot of footy players leave with no real skills and not much in investments. I believe the Swans try hard to help the kids get it sorted in both areas.

Hall of Fame Peter Bedford

Remove this Banner Ad

Back