The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This definitely feels like the end of an era. Since 2019 we have been relevant. In that time we lost two title races by a point. Makes me wonder what could have been. I'm not going to bang on about the owners but their lack of investment is pulpable. Whilst most Liverpool fans will appreciate the work Klopp has done, unfortunately everyone else won't be so kind. Comparisons to Ranineri, ie one title each, underachieved, etc etc. Unfortunately, Klopp was not properly backed and the end result has now crystalised for all to see. The fact people are comparing him to Guardiola is madness. Klopp has been competing against Pep with one hand that the owners tied behind his back. No wonder Klopp is exhausted. There are only so many miracles you can perform.

Bottom line is, since 2019, we never improved from a position of strength. We bring in Thiago but we lose Wijnaldum. We bring in Nunez but we lose Mane. And what duds Thiago and Nunez have proved to be. But this is what happens when you don't go for top players at the top of their game. Except for Jota, I cannot think of one player we bought which added to the team and did not result in losing an existing player of note.

Like I said, not gonna bang on about it, but the owners need to start getting real. Start treating LFC like the big club it is and put your ******* filthy hands in your pockets or GTFO. When will Liverpool fans realise this sell to buy policy, whilst it may deliver some success if everything falls into place perfectly, is not sustainable? How much more convincing do people need? The fanbase has become soft. They are so burnt from Hicks and Gillett that they think Henry is doing a good job. And therein lies the problem, because the fanbase is content with FSG, there is no pressure on FSG so they'll just keep eaking out top 4 so they can get their CL money.

And whilst I'm at it, sack the entire medical staff. The injures we have copped this season is a joke.

Okay so I ended up banging on about them. But what I said needs to be said repeatedly.

I am so ******* sick of these teams of s**t campaigners scoring with ease against us but our supposed amazing forwards can't score for s**t. heck VAR issues. That is our problem. If we don't sign someone who can actually ******* score in the summer then next season is going to be the same old s**t over again.

This definitely feels like the end of an era. Since 2019 we have been relevant. In that time we lost two title races by a point. Makes me wonder what could have been. I'm not going to bang on about the owners but their lack of investment is pulpable. Whilst most Liverpool fans will appreciate the work Klopp has done, unfortunately everyone else won't be so kind. Comparisons to Ranineri, ie one title each, underachieved, etc etc. Unfortunately, Klopp was not properly backed and the end result has now crystalised for all to see. The fact people are comparing him to Guardiola is madness. Klopp has been competing against Pep with one hand that the owners tied behind his back. No wonder Klopp is exhausted. There are only so many miracles you can perform.

Bottom line is, since 2019, we never improved from a position of strength. We bring in Thiago but we lose Wijnaldum. We bring in Nunez but we lose Mane. And what duds Thiago and Nunez have proved to be. But this is what happens when you don't go for top players at the top of their game. Except for Jota, I cannot think of one player we bought which added to the team and did not result in losing an existing player of note.

Like I said, not gonna bang on about it, but the owners need to start getting real. Start treating LFC like the big club it is and put your ******* filthy hands in your pockets or GTFO. When will Liverpool fans realise this sell to buy policy, whilst it may deliver some success if everything falls into place perfectly, is not sustainable? How much more convincing do people need? The fanbase has become soft. They are so burnt from Hicks and Gillett that they think Henry is doing a good job. And therein lies the problem, because the fanbase is content with FSG, there is no pressure on FSG so they'll just keep eaking out top 4 so they can get their CL money.

And whilst I'm at it, sack the entire medical staff. The injures we have copped this season is a joke.

Okay so I ended up banging on about them. But what I said needs to be said repeatedly.
Great post, nailed it. The owners are a huge frustration. If they don't get serious, they'll never compete. It's a miracle we did but that's because of Klopp.

I am so ******* sick of these teams of s*t campaigners scoring with ease against us but our supposed amazing forwards can't score for s*t. * VAR issues. That is our problem. If we don't sign someone who can actually ***** score in the summer then next season is going to be the same old s**t over again.
Watkins? Toney?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez the only two forward that have looked in any kind of form both out. Unless we kick back into gear, you wonder where the goals will come as Everton will sit deep.
Good shout
The "A" team has been terrible of late
Mo, Darwin, Dom, Robbo

Really wish Liverpool took better care of Mane. Such a better finisher. Same age as Salah.

The owners, like other said, have played this very safe in replacing like for like, moneyball style.
Need a shake up. Need a star player up forward demanding goals. Would look at Stuggart’s Guirassy. Napoli’s Osimhen. Those types.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back