Golf The 2022: The 150th Open Championship (St Andrews Old Course)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's honestly beautiful watching these boys flush their drives every single time. I've said it before but watching the pros play makes you really appreciate how hard it is to become pro.

I've played with and watched guys play off scratch and thought wow, how amazing? But then these guys would absolutely flog them.

Hovland should have knocked it three feet toward the middle of the bunker and then get out onto the green, now he has gone backwards into rough and will be adding one more extra stroke that wasn't necessary.

What do I know?

Hovland should have knocked it three feet toward the middle of the bunker and then get out onto the green, now he has gone backwards into rough and will be adding one more extra stroke that wasn't necessary.

What do I know?
Bogey was always a good result from the wall

JT looks bloody ridiculous

but but but if you dont let people wear what they want young people wont play

haha

It's honestly beautiful watching these boys flush their drives every single time. I've said it before but watching the pros play makes you really appreciate how hard it is to become pro.

I've played with and watched guys play off scratch and thought wow, how amazing? But then these guys would absolutely flog them.

well yes these guys would defeat a scratch golfer. pros are + quite a lot. a big difference. thats why the guys in the majors are there and earning 000,000s whereas the club penant player off 0 is where he or she is.

Was nearly 30!years ago when I was backpacking around Europe with the future bride. Golf was not front of mind at the time. :)
that is true.

32 years ago i was living in the UK, went to scotland, and all over england. no golf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but but but if you dont let people wear what they want young people wont play

haha

well yes these guys would defeat a scratch golfer. pros are + quite a lot. a big difference. thats why the guys in the majors are there and earning 000,000s whereas the club penant player off 0 is where he or she is.

Even players who have a handicap of +2 can't make the big time.

Just got to look at Riversdale Cup results how few seem to go on, no doubt NCAA would be similar.

Even players who have a handicap of +2 can't make the big time.

Just got to look at Riversdale Cup results how few seem to go on, no doubt NCAA would be similar.
Was a story of Leishman about 5 or 6 years ago. Came home for Xmas down in Warrnambool. Played off +7 in the Sat comp and had 40 points I think. Then played Port Fairy the next day off +7 again and had 38 or 39 I think. Crazy good.

Great pic when hes nearly finished his round.
It wasn’t a comment or guess on Young’s round.

It was a comment that no one will be lower than what Young ended up on, which when standing on the 18th tee, was looking like an 8-under.

Fell asleep watching last night, checked the scores. Good to see Cam Smith near the top of the leader board. Bloody consistent, hard to believe he hasn't won a major yet.

Really enjoyable round to watch yesterday.

I can't remember what hole it was but what was the green box sitting up in the middle of the fairway that Rory hit? Got to feel a tad unlucky...
It was on the 5th and it's a March stone. There's a few around the course (including another on the 7th fairway) and they mark the edge of the original property of the golf course and have been there hundreds of years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back