Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Hasnt happened ever.

You let me know when it does then.
we had a 1st gamer start at the center bounce last week, Garcia
alongside Steele and 41 gamer Windhager

Im talking about Crouch. Obviously Steele stays in there. Then you get time into kids. Pretty sure thats what im advocating?

Keep Steele and Marshall in there - then get time into Windhager, Dow etc
no reason Steele had to be at every center bounce, same with Crouch, nor does it have to be both of them at the same time, clubs usually run 6-7 mids through center bounces during a game

Even when he had elite forwards at his disposal, Saints under Lyon struggled to score any more than 12 goals
It's not personel it's the game plan

When was that? Riewoldt struggled alone with one or two smalls for much of his carreer.
Or do you suggest Kosi was elite?

2-5 but I'm choosing optimism

- Fixtures been very tough. Much Easier from here

- 4 of 5 losses were quite close. Should've definitely beaten Essendon and could've easily stole some of the others

- King, Crouch, Wood, Henry, Webster back soon. Howard played tonight.

- Henry and Wilson are real finds, and NWM has been good. Steele back near his best.

Saints haven't been far off it. Based on the first 7 games, win 4 or 5 of the next 6, going to 6-7 or 7-6 and ready for an assault at the 8

Vs NM
@ Haw (Launceston)
Vs Freo
@ Melb
@WC
Vs GC

We'll start favourites in 5 of 6. Good chance the seasons back on track soon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- 4 of 5 losses were quite close. Should've definitely beaten Essendon and could've easily stole some of the others

- Henry and Wilson are real finds, and NWM has been good. Steele back near his best.

Saints haven't been far off it. Based on the first 7 games, win 4 or 5 of the next 6, going to 6-7 or 7-6 and ready for an assault at the 8

Vs NM
@ Haw (Launceston)
Vs Freo
@ Melb
@WC
Vs GC

NM - 90/10
@ Haw - 75/25
vs Freo - 50/50
@ Melb - 25/75
@ WC 50/50
vs GC 50/50

3-3 or 4-2 at best

pathetic by stkilda. down by 3 goals with 7 mins remaining and still chipping it around the backline with the likes of bonner and Wanganeen-Milera. hopeless. Bonner should be dropped.

Vs NM
@ Haw (Launceston)
Vs Freo
@ Melb
@WC
Vs GC

Remember the old joke about 9thmomd.

Being mid table can be good but only if U can draft well and then bring in some big guns like Prestia and Lynch.

NM - 90/10
@ Haw - 75/25
Fair so far...

vs Freo - 50/50
More like 60/40

@ Melb - 25/75
30/70. But let's not split hairs.

@ WC 50/50
3 weeks ago I would've said 85/15 or 90/10.

Now, probably 60/40.

vs GC 50/50
You realise GC hasn't beaten St Kilda in Melbourne since Gary Ablett was dominating and Saints were trash? About 10 years ago.

GC's all-time record at Marvel is 9-24.

This is about 65/35.

Lots of LOLS at my post

Most was facts so I can only assume people are laughing at this part.

Bookmark this and let's see where things are at in 6 weeks, but it's a pretty reasonable expectation that you win home games against Freo and Gold Coast, if you can go on the road and almost beat GWS and Port (albeit they both had some injuries during the game).

Last edited:
Saints could have won more games this year if they had a different game plan.

It’s a Ross issue not the Saints imo.

When an opposition team has lost 4 players to injury with significant game time left, their coach should be telling them to go all out and run the other team off the ground. We saw that happen in the last 5 minutes and St Kilda were looking pretty good. Why this didn't happen earlier.. is unknown? The slow kick to kick that took place was what Port would have wanted, because it was helping their 'benchless' team conserve energy.

If the Saints had of run hard from half way through the 3rd... switch side to side, make Port players chase them.. Port would have been spent in the 4th and the Saints more than likely would have won the game.

Lots of LOLS at my post

Most was facts so I can only assume people are laughing at this part.

Bookmark this and let's see where things are at in 6 weeks, but it's a pretty reasonable expectation that you win home games against Freo and Gold Coast, if you can go on the road and almost beat GWS and Port (albeit they both had some injuries during the game).

Think you will need 13 wins to make the 8 this year, so you will need to win 11 of 15

Think you just miss out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back